What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

no offense. i guess the consumers are those middle-income people who cann't afford houses in downtown.however ,the price makes me feel surprise.maybe i'm wrong.
anyway,nice thread, go on......

I apologize from their side. But Bangalore is anything but a rural area. It's a rapidly growing city.

minerva.jpg

300+ meters tall

dscn6227r.jpg

dscn6234ep.jpg

dscn6240.jpg

dscn6245w.jpg

dscn6246j.jpg

L&T, well managed and professional as always.

minerva1j.jpg

@Abingdonboy

This is another example of a skyscraper built on slum land. You can see rehabilitation towers being built around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHMEDABAD
dscn5123.jpg

dscn5126o.jpg

dscn5128r.jpg

dscn5130d.jpg

Thank you for the pic.

But please say it Amdavad..it is better then the ugly moghul name Ahmedabad which was given by ugly mass murderers(moghuls)
I hope one day the name of Delhi is changed to Indraprashta.

And there is a road in delhi by the name,it is called 'Aurangzeb road'. Right in the capital we have a road which is named on one of the greatest mass murderers of Indians!
Shameful!

Thank you for the pic.

But please say it Amdavad..it is better then the ugly moghul name Ahmedabad which was given by ugly mass murderers(moghuls)
I hope one day the name of Delhi is changed to Indraprashta.

And there is a road in delhi by the name,it is called 'Aurangzeb road'. Right in the capital we have a road which is named on one of the greatest mass murderers of Indians!
Shameful!

Take it easy man... history is done, we can't change it. The outsiders like Aryans, Mughals, Britishers introduced a lot of good things and did things which we now consider as bad or evil. That was then... we can't continue to cry over it and continue to fight over it....

I am quite amused when I hear things like : south indian blogs blaming aryans (mostly we north indians) for screwing the country... or indians in general blaming the british or mughals all the time.. a friend from orissa (Kalinga) said he hates Ashoka (magadh/bihar) for the massacre they did in Orissa area... similarly EVERY kingdom in india attacked and killed people neighbouring kingdoms (and we are talking a few hundred such kingdoms)... At that time, this is how things happened...

Let's move on guys... that was history..
...We have many more battles to fight... against corruption, inefficiency, hunger, crime...

Take it easy man... history is done, we can't change it. The outsiders like Aryans, Mughals, Britishers introduced a lot of good things and did things which we now consider as bad or evil. That was then... we can't continue to cry over it and continue to fight over it....

I am quite amused when I hear things like : south indian blogs blaming aryans (mostly we north indians) for screwing the country... or indians in general blaming the british or mughals all the time.. a friend from orissa (Kalinga) said he hates Ashoka (magadh/bihar) for the massacre they did in Orissa area... similarly EVERY kingdom in india attacked and killed people neighbouring kingdoms (and we are talking a few hundred such kingdoms)... At that time, this is how things happened...

Let's move on guys... that was history..
...We have many more battles to fight... against corruption, inefficiency, hunger, crime...

No buddy i partially disagree with you because i do accept that we have present problems but that in doesn't way denies the correction of the past which will pave way for a better future.

Firstly,this Aryan invasion theory is completely bogus and now modern genetic studies are also saying it but the indian governmetn is not interested in sponsoring academics to counter the AIT,that's why it goes passing around unchecked.But independent scholars and even many western scholars are denying this AIT crap.

Secondly,the moguls are a blotch on india's history and ancient religious and cultural values.Never has the subcontinent gone though such turbulent times then under the islamic invasion of India.
Millions killed.
Millions converted.
Temples destroyed and looted.
Women raped.
Art and cultural centers destroyed.

Even the so-called benevolent kings like akbar was a genocidal maniac when he ordered to burn several hindu innocent women and children kaffirs during his raids in rajashtan.
Aurangzeb is just unparalered in his genocidal mania.

By making people aware of such events , a pride in the uniqueness of their nation and values is increased.People realize that we are lucky enough to survive those turbulent times and so we have a lot of responsibility to restore our ancient glory and make measures such that those fallen times are not repeated again.

Firstly,this Aryan invasion theory is completely bogus and now modern genetic studies are also saying it but the indian governmetn is not interested in sponsoring academics to counter the AIT,that's why it goes passing around unchecked.But independent scholars and even many western scholars are denying this AIT crap.

Migration is/can be TRUE ,AIT is a theory of 1800s ,I don't know why people on internet love that so much .

... I'm going off the topic of development, but just wanted to share my reply. If need be, we can discuss this history topic on some other thread...

Point 1: Aryan Invasion Theory (AIT) is controversial for sure, but it has NOT been proved inaccurate in any way. Invasion or not, most current genetics studies point to a difference in Aryan and Dravidian people. If you really research without any biases or emotions, you'll notice that most recent studies that claim that there was NO AIT have been written by scholars from the hindi-belt/ and pro-hindutva scholars... There are ample studies, especially from south indians and the 'shudra' scholars who believe that the aryans persecuted them and destroyed their indigenous culture. A good fact based study is 'The Bible of Aryan Invasions by Uthaya Naidu' (search for PDF of the web). In this, the author takes specific verses from Rig Veda and other scriptures and explains how, over time, we've interpreted Rig Veda differently, which originally was about the invasion of Indra and his forces over the indigenous inhabitants of indus valley.

(In fact, if you want to dig deeper into the religions history, you'll find that the Brahmanical system (now called Hinduism) was made prevelant in India by the aryans in northern areas (between 3000-1000 BC)... the 'pagan' gods n goddesses of indigenous people/dravidians/shudras were brought into the folds of the Brahmanical religion over the following centuries...

Point 2: About the Mughals (and to a small extend the British), no one can deny there was large scale persecution of the people. But does renaming cities or persecuting their current generations really help us? We can rename cities to their old names, but forcing a new name like Amdavad on Ahmedabad shows our insecurity... (it was Karnavati earlier, but never Amdavad).

(... on a side note, taking revenge from a criminal's son for his father's crime is unethical... similarly, hating one individual for the activities of another individual or centuries old forefathers is ridiculous... But I guess that's how humans are. Christians still hate Jews for their forefathers' act... hindus still hate muslims for the action of their forefathers.... some muslims can kill any ordinary american to take revenge against the maker of the movie on prophet... We hate the activities of one individual, but we take it out on another one... We humans suck...)

Whats a rehabilitation tower?

Towers that are built for displaced people. When slums are demolished in India people are given a rehabilitation place to live. This is very common in mumbai because many slums are being demolished.

Back
Top Bottom