India Developing, but still a long way to go

Delhi airport
dialt3ticketingareaii.jpg

dialt3ticketingarea.jpg

dialt3mlcp.jpg

dialt3intldepartures.jpg

dialt3domesticdeparture.jpg

dialt3aircraftparking.jpg

I guess they start from 86 lacs to 1.2 crores for 2bhk and 3bhk respectively. You may add 10 lacs for registration and other expenses.

If you have that kind of money, not a bad idea to invest now, before Bangalore goes the Mumbai way, where my friend paid 15 lacs just for car parking.:cheesy:

astronomical.for such an ordinary apartment in rural area.
i guess most people cann't afford.

no offense. i guess the consumers are those middle-income people who cann't afford houses in downtown.however ,the price makes me feel surprise.maybe i'm wrong.
anyway,nice thread, go on......
Thanks for your 2 cents

Here comes a chinese who can understand value of indian rupeese....:yahoo:

27897134.jpg

64125779.jpg

98910269.jpg

Three 300+ meter towers

omkar1.jpg

Like many of Mumbais supertall skyscrapers, it's being built on what was slum land.

Where do these slum dwellers relocate? I know there are slum relocation projects sending slum dwellers are given free apartments by the govt and in many cases devlopers pay compensation to the previous inhabitants to relocate.

43.jpg

Shanta Sriram's Patny Center
Shanta Sriram’s Patny Center is a one of its kind construction in the city of Secunderabad. The ten storied commercial complex is a treat to movie buffs with a six screen ultra-modern multiples, as well as shopping enthusiasts with its chic and trendy shopping space. That’s not all! The complex comprises of restaurants and a hotel replete with four level cellar parking facilities.

Type: Multiplex cum Shopping Mall
Area: 6,50,000 Sq. Ft.,
Exp: Completion 2014

astronomical.for such an ordinary apartment in rural area.
i guess most people cann't afford.

yes it's not easy for affording it but what most people do is they buy it on EMI...the bank pays for the flat but they have to pay bank in several installments with interest.

Delhi Metro starts eight-coach service

17745218.cms

Commuters on the Jahangirpuri-HUDA City Centre corridor can heave a sigh of relief as Delhi Metro has inducted its first-ever eight-coach trains on Monday, which would provide more space and save the commuters from the perennial jostling.

"The first two eight-coach trains started functioning at 11.30am today. The eight-coach trains were introduced to mark the completion of 10 years of its operations in Delhi," a Delhi Metro official said.

According to Delhi Metro officials, the eight-coach trains will have a capacity of carrying about 2,400 commuters, or nearly 300 passengers in each coach.

"Out of 68 eight-coach trains, 37 will ply on the Yellow Line (Jahangirpuri-HUDA City Centre) and 31 on the Blue Line (Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida City Centre/Vaishali) ... these will be inducted in a phased manner," the official said.

Delhi Metro has also decided to reserve more seats for senior citizens and the disabled.

"Four additional seats will be earmarked for senior citizens and physically challenged people in the coach having train operator's cabin and eight seats in the middle coaches," the Metro official said.

At present, the six and four-coach trains have four seats reserved for the aged and the disabled in each car of a train.

Delhi Metro has also initiated programmes like exhibitions, quiz contests, and sale of commemorative smart cards, which will go on till December 31.

Due to protests in the city, DMRC has postponed its ten-year anniversary celebrations, which were supposed to be held on Monday at Rajiv Chowk.

The new age transport system had scheduled a programme on Monday to celebrate completion of 10 years of its operations in the capital, with union urban development minister Kamal Nath and Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit slated to take part.

The Delhi Metro normally makes over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on weekdays.

10 years of Delhi metro!!!!!!!!!!

188770_10151405630743455_700381783_n.jpg

Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad

Hyderabad-India-Taj-Falaknuma-Palace-April-2012-045.jpg

http://johnnyjet.wpengine.netdna-cd...India-Taj-Falaknuma-Palace-April-2012-026.jpg

http://johnnyjet.wpengine.netdna-cd...India-Taj-Falaknuma-Palace-April-2012-012.jpg

An hour flight from Mumbai is Hyderabad. It’s a 400-year-old city that’s quickly emerging as India’s Silicon Valley; all the big tech companies have offices there. Just 30 minutes from the airport, you will find one of the most incredible palace hotels in the world – Taj Falaknuma Palace. It was built by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra, the former Prime Minister of Hyderabad and then bought by the Nizams. For two centuries (until Indian independence in 1947), seven Nizams ruled Hyderabad and H.H. the 6th Nizam had 17 palaces but he chose this one so you know it’s special.

Read more: 10 reasons to stay at the Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad - Johnny Jet

This Palace was converted into a luxury Hotel and restored by Taj group of Hotels and was opened in 2010.

Where do these slum dwellers relocate? I know there are slum relocation projects sending slum dwellers are given free apartments by the govt and in many cases devlopers pay compensation to the previous inhabitants to relocate.

They make the rehab towers right next to the new project most of the time.

57099951.jpg

Old pic

I think the work has picked pace in the last one and half years...when I left mumbai, only bits and pieces of the structures had been completed..Good going..

BTW can anyone tell me how is the ticketing system in Delhi metro..is it like Indian railways where you gotta purchase the tickets or something like NY subways where you can just swipe your card at the turnstile and move without physically buying everytime ?

I think the work has picked pace in the last one and half years...when I left mumbai, only bits and pieces of the structures had been completed..Good going..

BTW can anyone tell me how is the ticketing system in Delhi metro..is it like Indian railways where you gotta purchase the tickets or something like NY subways where you can just swipe your card at the turnstile and move without physically buying everytime ?

For Delhi Metro, there are two options.

You either buy a Travel Card which is like a pre-paid card and you can just show it on the entry gates to enter. Most daily-passengers have travel cards.
The other option is that indian-railway style one-trip tickets. You pay and get a circular plastic 'token' which you enter in the entry gates. While exiting the station, you leave the token...

Check out the Delhi metro site's fares section...

Back
Top Bottom