What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

The project that is creating ripples in the world architecture & real estate circles and is currently ranked among the top 3 contenders for the 'People's Choice Awards' to be held @ "WAF" in Barcelona in Nov 2011.

"Atmosphere" in Kolkata

atmosphere_KaB4G_12.jpg

2920AtmosphereAired_pic1.jpg

currently under construction will be complete by the end of 2013

Also, indian govt needs to prioritize their tasks. Sending a satellite to moon or investing millions of dollars in space program is a good thing but India needs to invest that money in education and finance sector. India can have a joint venture in space with Russia, US or China, they dont need to work on their space program from scratch. Just my 2 cents. Same goes to pakistan. I like pakistan in this aspect, they dont do anything from scratch, they also partner with other people to initiate different programs. Their missile and space programs were partnered with China, their solar energy program is partnered with Germany and their natural gas program is partnered with Iran and Tajikistan.

That is the difference Between India and pakistan!!!

8252292588_1715b2a12c_b.jpg

When will mumbai get rid of these ugly padmini taxis and BEST buses ?
Padminis are phasing out as i heard but there is no replacement for BUSES buses...

8252292588_1715b2a12c_b.jpg

When will mumbai get rid of these ugly padmini taxis and BEST buses ?
Padminis are phasing out as i heard but there is no replacement for BUSES buses...

Agreed thise taxis and old buses need to go ASAP! AFAIK BEST have been purchasing and trailing VOLVO low-floor buses. I would suspect BEST are looking to get rid of their more ancient buses soon, this is the trend across India.

But it should not be Mumbai alone doing this I'd persoanlly like to see all those Ambassador taxis off the streets along with the old auto-rickshaws.

They are already getting rid of them.Their production stopped back in 2000,in a few years, they will be gone from Mumbai's streets altogether thanks to the newly enacted Euro emission standards.

Farewell To Mumbai

I have heard the TATA ARIA is being lined up to be the next major taxi car in India. TATA have brought out a completly stripped down version minus many of the luxerious but still retaining comfort like rear ac vents, key-less entry and comfy seating.
Taxi version:

Tata-Aria-Taxi-Cab.jpg

It is unlikely to replace the Ambassador or padmini 1:1 but in large numbers it would be a welcom taxi on Indian streets for sure.

Back
Top Bottom