54849828737817471170315.jpg

33214527877139557238147.jpg

Gurgaon Metro coach

pr017.jpg

pr013.jpg

8079061357_e9ae55cdf2_b.jpg

8079062447_83dd3daf8c_b.jpg

Gurgaon Metro work

If you compare delhi with Karachi in terms of planing, Delhi gets 2 while karachi gets 8 points in my opinion, I have compared them on google earth, Even karachis Slum area orangi town is planned like square sectors. Mumbai doesnt even come close, even Navi mumbai cant be compared to New Karachi or other new areas of Karachi!
Why have you posted this? Are you trying to bluff? It is obvious which side has the momentum in devlopment right now- it is the side that is spending a TRILLION DOLLARS on infastructure in the next 5-6 years. Why are you setting yourself up for a MASSIVE fall?Compare yourselves with BD, not India.

Why have you posted this? Are you trying to bluff? It is obvious which side has the momentum in devlopment right now- it is the side that is spending a TRILLION DOLLARS on infastructure in the next 5-6 years. Why are you setting yourself up for a MASSIVE fall?Compare yourselves with BD, not India.

^^^

As I said before:

• $ 1 Trillion = UN's $ 10-25 Trillion in Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
Think, labour, sand, grit, cement, steel, eng.'s and proj. managers are mostly local.

$ 10-25 Trillion Vs. America's $ 200 Billion re: inter-state highway system, in today's $'s.

Walkway in Mumbai ( Long 1's Too)
-----------------------------------

images

Thumbnails.aspx

81901485556457ef6684b.jpg

Some is trickling down to the 'common man'.

The 'Un-Common Men' are screaming: SCAM, CORRUPTION!

New Age Indian Politician
-------------------------

(c) http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL193F138191ECB513&feature=player_detailpage&v=EiTrl0W1QrM

Re: below, Abingdonboy, nice to know you were born yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

As I said before:

• $ 1 Trillion = UN's $ 10-25 Trillion in Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
Think, labour, sand, grit, cement, steel, eng.'s and proj. managers are mostly local.

$ 10-25 Trillion Vs. America's $ 200 Billion re: inter-state highway system, in today's $'s.

Some is trickling down to the common man. The Un-Common Men are screaming SCAM, CORRUPTION!

I had heard the Interstate Highway System cost ~$400 BN to construct.

Guys, if you haven't already check out this site:

SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Indian Megaprojects

It is mind blowing!!

$1.3 TRILLION in 5-6 years!!

And the best part is if you go over each project most are on schedule or ahead of it!! And plenty of Pvt companies are involved! It just doesn't get any better!!

By 2020-5 India is going to look like a different nation!

+Delhi Metro:

111922769_84846a0e35_o.jpg

In order to be in the same league as China, we need to build more expressways, mega bridges, HSR etc. A long pending big ticket project , the 22-km-long Mumbai Trans-Harbour Bridge got a boost recently. Work may start soon finally.

Shot in arm for Mumbai Trans-Harbour Link as project gets environment ministry's nod - Times Of India

image6bk6bv7jf6ji4.jpg
pc0070400mj2.jpg

When built we can proudly say, India has arrived

I don't think you can say all of India's woes will be fixed by a single construction project. Yes, in 10-15 years INdia WILL have arrived and this single project is just part of a much larger on-going effort all over India.

I don't think you can say all of India's woes will be fixed by a single construction project. Yes, in 10-15 years INdia WILL have arrived and this single project is just part of a much larger on-going effort all over India.

I am not saying that our infra woes will be fixed by this project alone. But this a HUGE project, which has been dragging on for a decade now. When this project is finished we will be noticed internationally, just like china is being noticed now for its massive expressways and bridges.

Back
Top Bottom