What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Mumbai

dsc0036ki.jpg
dsc0038hq.jpg

L & T is famous, things have changed, think ...
how many blue-chip Indian trans-national Co.'s like L & T ever fail ?

I mean, Indian blue chip corp.'s are often THE MAXIMUM CHANGE in past generation in India.
Among everything else.

Tata Housing Is Doing Awesome Stuff
------------------------------------

imgres

images

0.jpg

How is planing in Mumbai ?? I mean the roads and squared sectors in residential areas? How many flyovers or interchanges are there ?? I have seen Mumbai on Google earth and planing and roads seem awful ? Is it so ?

How is planing in Mumbai ?? I mean the roads and squared sectors in residential areas? How many flyovers or interchanges are there ?? I have seen Mumbai on Google earth and planing and roads seem awful ? Is it so ?

Mumbai isn't like Delhi. It has no space with a shitload of people there, but they're still building metros, monorails, etc in that anthill. The infrastructure seems to be not so good. That will be a hurdle.

It's half the size of NYC, but with 4 million more people. It'll be a difficult road a head.

Mumbai isn't like Delhi. It has no space with a shitload of people there, but they're still building metros, monorails, etc in that anthill. The infrastructure seems to be not so good. That will be a hurdle.

It's half the size of NYC, but with 4 million more people. It'll be a difficult road a head.

mumbai does not have bad infrastructure. the city has come a long way

In comparison to Delhi, everywhere else in South Asia has bad infrastructure. Mumbai is getting better all the time though.

check out navi mumbai.....mumbai is an old city trying to survive.
Navi(New) mumbai is all made from ground up and totally planned.

As far as the exact numbers of flyovers are concerned....there are too many,uncountable.These things simply doesnt count in infrastructure projects these days.Metros,monorails are the "real" projects right now

Somebody has said it here that the reason the indian cities bulged was that all top cities like delhi,lucknow,hyderabad etc were inherited from muslim nawabs which were very unplanned cities and majority hindu cities like karachi,(lahore?) went to pakistan.

Although there infrastructure in improving now but even now in these cities all muslim areas like old delhi and old areas of lucknow are very very shaggy.
These nawabs really didn't had any taste for openness,elegance.
The only thing they cared about was big homes with huge roofs and beautiful carvings inside the house otherwise they really didn't care for the common peoples.

Somebody has said it here that the reason the indian cities bulged was that all top cities like delhi,lucknow,hyderabad etc were inherited from muslim nawabs which were very unplanned cities and majority hindu cities like karachi,(lahore?) went to pakistan.

Although there infrastructure in improving now but even now in these cities all muslim areas like old delhi and old areas of lucknow are very very shaggy.
These nawabs really didn't had any taste for openness,elegance.
The only thing they cared about was big homes with huge roofs and beautiful carvings inside the house otherwise they really didn't care for the common peoples.

^^^

hehe ... 'shaggy' ;) .

Hard to buy that 'shagger' anyrandom.

Think agri. societies Vs. industrial society.

Jaypee Group's Concept
-----------------------

images

Few cities are built-to-order, normally they just sort of happen.
US, USSR, Mughal India, S. & Latin America, Oz, NZ; basically the New World
had cities built from the ground up, 2 steps up and 1 down. Normally, cities are a patch-up job building on tradition.

India should see large number of new cities and towns built now that economy's taking off.
All elements, demand, local banking and building Co. eco-system, economy, vast tracts of land in western India between Delhi-Mumbai, Indian expertise, labour etc. are mostly in place. China, Brazil are good role models.

Under construction sub-cities and mass based real estate projects reflect a value and business driven, demand-supply model rather than 1-off, pie-in-the-sky models. Check pic., all mid to low rise stuff, meaning quick turn-around and fast return on capital investments. Large Co.'s are taking on said projects no problem.

Carry on shagging :).

Back
Top Bottom