What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

In comparison to Delhi, everywhere else in South Asia has bad infrastructure. Mumbai is getting better all the time though.

If you compare delhi with Karachi in terms of planing, Delhi gets 2 while karachi gets 8 points in my opinion, I have compared them on google earth, Even karachis Slum area orangi town is planned like square sectors. Mumbai doesnt even come close, even Navi mumbai cant be compared to New Karachi or other new areas of Karachi!

If you compare delhi with Karachi in terms of planing, Delhi gets 2 while karachi gets 8 points in my opinion, I have compared them on google earth, Even karachis Slum area orangi town is planned like square sectors. Mumbai doesnt even come close, even Navi mumbai cant be compared to New Karachi or other new areas of Karachi!

subjective opinions don't count.
what is the standards one take to rate a city?
let me say if a city effectively handles large population,has metros and dedicated buses,has malls ,pubs etc then it clearly has an upper hand.
navi mumbai itself is in the process to get these services and even without them it beats any other pakistani city as pak cities dont have metroes or dont have tall planned apartment socieities like these cities

i live in Navi mumbai .....And i love it...it has all things i need for easy and comfortable life...easy mode of transport ..Good connectivity..shopping malls..Theatres ...Hospitals And some of the finest restaurant ..Rarely do we get traffic jams..No water supply or electric supply disruption.....U name it and this city has it....
Rate in city has doubled almost every 2 yr .....2001 it was 1000/sqft today my area rate is 10500 sq/ft ..many big offices are moving toward here ....Navi mumbai rocks:bounce:

Navi Mumbai will soon overtake Mumbai in terms of population and infra developments. Some pics

navi_mumbai_skyline.jpg
dsc05154me.jpg
dsc0109wp.jpg
navimumbaikenlittleton.jpg
3107870126_a28d622975_z.jpg

this should be in Stupid and Funny from all over the world.:yahoo::yahoo:

Dude whatever you are talking is totally BULL.****

Mumbai and Delhi are two most competitive cities of south Asia

check out global rankings, they are ranked miles ahead of any other city of south asia(including Karachi and lahore)

and these rankings are not based on patriotism like of yours. these are compiled by international experts and include all major indices like infrastructure and quality of living AAND city planning

p.s. also they are most powerful cities of south asia as they are only alpha ranked cities of region

p.p.s. in my opinion Karachi gets -8 form what I have seen through Google earth
:chilli:

mental note- don't argue with idiots
first they will drag you to their own standard and then beat you with their experience

Navi Mumbai will soon overtake Mumbai in terms of population and infra developments.

Mumbai population more than 1.2 crores, Navi Mumbai just 15-20 lakh. it was originally planned for population of about 35 lakh. so I don't think it can ever overtake Mumbai in population. being planned city, it is much better than many other Indian cities, but still a long way to go.
I have to agree at least in Google earth and photos Pakistani cities like karachi look much better planned cleaner than Indian cities. (not talking about wealth and height of buildings)
and yes, mumbai's infrastructure is really awful at present.

is this a joke? karachi has no law and order, doesn't even have a mass transit system, has ****!y infra. i don't think even many pakistanis are delusional enough to believe what u wrote here.

your karachi is the biggest city in the world without a mass transport system.

is this a joke? karachi has no law and order, doesn't even have a mass transit system, has ****!y infra. i don't think even many pakistanis are delusional enough to believe what u wrote here.

your karachi is the biggest city in the world without a mass transport system.

Congrats, you just fell for a troll-bait.

We are talking about development infrastructure activities here, not comparing the cities capabilities to handle terroist infrastructure as you might be thinking... :hang2:

oh Yes that's why Karachi is a Gamma megacity quite below number of Indian cities. Do Karachi have any decent transport system like suburban railway or metro rail. What next claiming Karachi better than shanghai. :cheesy:

oh Yes that's why Karachi is a Gamma megacity quite below number of Indian cities. Do Karachi have any decent transport system like suburban railway or metro rail. What next claiming Karachi better than shanghai. :cheesy:

^^^

Very SUBJECTIVE, even rhetorical issue.

"India Developing but ... " let's just refresh and remember title of this thread.

Karachi and Lahore, but specially Karachi has only recently (3-5 yrs.) been left behind with infrastructure surge in bigger, better funded Indian cities. Look at the contrast below:

That bus and taxi were symbolic of Bombay. Presently, both are out of manufacture.
Everything else in that pic except the bus and taxi is made in India. The in-between world of Indian cities, both the bus and taxi have been phased out; these are the rickety last of the lot.

Crossroads-Mall-5.jpg

(c) https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAEwM/41KP8do0Jzo/s796/Crossroads-Mall-5.jpg

Vs.

New
-----

images

Err...of course....whatever you say....I am against any sort of comparison on this thread, but since you're so interested in doing it ,let's make an itsy bitsy comparison shall we :

INDIA

ALPHA CITIES- NEW DELHI, MUMBAI
BETA CITIES-CHENNAI, BANGALORE, KOLKATA
GAMMA CITIES- PUNE,HYDERABAD
HIGH SUFFICIENCY CITY-AHMEDABAD

Other major economic centres in INDIA: SURAT, COIMBATORE, KOCHI, TRIVANDRUM,MADURAI, LUCKNOW,CHANDIGARH,VIZAG, NAGPUR, GUWAHATI,BARODA,GOA.....many, many, more.

PAKISTAN

ALPHA CITY- NONE
BETA CITY - NONE
GAMMA CITIES- KARACHI,LAHORE,ISLAMABAD
HIGH SUFFICIENCY CITY-NONE

go figure...:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom