What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Metro is under construction in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kochi, Chennai, AHmedabad, Jaipur, Gurgaon and proposed/approved for a dozen more cities. I think indian cities wll look so different in a few years!!

gurgaon-metro-train.gif

Gurgaon already has a metro my friend :agree:

You mean the Tokyo of India ;)

The roads and public infrastructure has to change there though.

All these buildings are private companies who have invested billions.

Government contribution is zilch in Gurgaon.

Big *** ship in Kerala.

Biggest Cruise ship in the World '08-'10. Watched a documentary about it on Discovery a while back.

Celebrity Solstice is a Solstice-class cruise ship owned and operated by Celebrity Cruises. At the time she was launched, she held the record for the largest cruise ship ever built in Germany;[7] however, her record was surpassed when the Disney Dream was launched in 2010.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Solstice

and why the pic of Indian Economic Summit?

^^^
phyllum ... Get lost !

IndoCarib, fantastic post re: metro. My sis lives in the 'hood.

My wish list:

• More glass in metro station construction, why not solar panels and glass?
  • Hoping for more lines, if planned in advance, maybe even cheaper ground level 1-way reversible lines (up in the morning, down in the evening, till scaling up demands double line in future) may be viable given metro infra. awareness. And building intensification. Obvious, both are ongoing issues.
On the opposite side of Delhi NCR, Gahziabad Metro, similar scenes:

Another side of Delhi NCR, NOIDA Metro:

1 More Gurgoan Metro Vid:

Sweet, so this is future India, no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
phyllum ... Get lost !

IndoCarib, fantastic post re: metro. My sis lives in the 'hood.

My wish list:

• More glass in metro station construction, why not solar panels and glass?
  • Hoping for more lines, if planned in advance, maybe even cheaper ground level 1-way reversible lines (up in the morning, down in the evening, till scaling up demands double line in future) may be viable given metro infra. awareness. And building intensification. Obvious, both are ongoing issues.

no I wont.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom