What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Metro station, suburban Delhi

81324828.jpg

How come we don't see enough from Delhi? Are there no high-rise buildings?

Delhi is yet to join the high rise boom. It is expanding outwards not upwards. NCR region is expanding quickly and once land becomes rare highrises will come.

Delhi is yet to join the high rise boom. It is expanding outwards not upwards. NCR region is expanding quickly and once land becomes rare highrises will come.
Similar to Washington DC that too lacks many high-rise buildings. Land isn't as scarce as,say, NYC- just like Mumbai where scarcity has caused building to go vertically.

Last year NCR overtaken Mumbai as India most populated metropolitan area.

City planners want to keep Delhi with low population density so Delhi is moving sideward instead of upward.

^^ I wondered if that was the case. Since i'm from Lahore, it's also expanding outwards. Most people consider similarities between the two i don't exactly why. Mabe they are close to each to make them known as cities of culture. I guess the high rise part is not considered as it might look to ruin its original architecture that it was historically known for. I don't know about Delhi, but certainly in Lahore, we make use of our traditional red bricks....

Back
Top Bottom