What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Modi to dedicate Charanka Solar Park to the nation on April 19

The Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr Narendra Modi, will dedicate the Charanka Solar Park to the nation on April 19, the first day of the Indian Solar Summit, 2012, that will be held in Gandhinagar.The Park has more than 200 MW of installed solar power capacity.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

^^ Earlier I was apprehensive about Modi becoming PM. But now I wish him good luck. May he be the PM for at least 2 terms. I am damn sure we'll see our highest growth in that period. Kudos to Modi and congrats to Gujarat.

India is turning into a chick magnet. Self reliance is the best way to prosperity. and thats exactly what Gandhi taught the indians before dying. He set up an example and the indians are still following it today. Pakistan can make so much use of two super powers right next door, India and China. I saw the pictures of Punjab Chief minister SHahbaz sharif visiting India and the love and warmth he received, i have become a believer that no matter what pak or indian govt says, no matter what the media portrays, India and Pakistan are one and the indians want as much peace and friendship as pakistanis. Long live india and Long live Pakistan.

Mumbai monorail

14042012am91146.jpg

^^^^^^^

Bombay Suburban's new 12 coach, high cap/high speed made-in-india rakes (see below) intertwined with new metro and said monorail rock !

Suburban Rail

Sep28.1.jpg

Same Sub. Rail- x3/U]

c083.jpg

Below, Mumbai Metro - Made-In-China

17-300x171.jpg

Throw in slick new buses with BRT, taxi and auto's, pedestrian walkways; best in class bole to.
They really need to install escalators and walk-alators all over a la Hong-Kong :yahoo: .

IGI airport adjudged world's most improved airport

Delhi International Airport has been named as the World's Most Improved Airport in 2012, at the World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Vienna.

"Coinciding with the opening of the new Terminal 3, there has been a significant improvement in product standards for passengers travelling into Delhi International Airport. The enhanced airside transit service, and better shopping and dining options has really improved the passenger experience and Delhi International Airport now provides a most competitive international standard" said Edward Plaisted, Chairman of SKYTRAX.

Other top contenders for the World's Most Improved Airport award were Ankara Esenboga Airport in 2nd place, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport 3rd, Sydney Airport in 4th place and Recife International Airport in 5th.

Link

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking, all :hehe: slum-dweller's can move in for free :bounce: .
Jokes aside, they can really make it a combo sustainable housing + solar gen. scheme with a little bit of creative planning, social initiative and empowerment. They did it with telephony, milk co0oeratives, sugar co-op.'s; so model's exists.

Pakistan's gotta have plenty of potential re: solar same-same, no?

Back
Top Bottom