What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Shreeparti Gardens located at Parel, Mumbai could be tallest residential tower in Mumbai. These unusual towers are about 400m high which consist of 4,800,000 sq ft area. The distinct silhouette of the structure will be highly identifiable in its urban environment. Structurally the building is designed in core construction. In this, the slender buildings have two different sides that share a central core and the remainder of the building is a steel structure that hangs and cantilevers out from this concrete core.

These four towers are designed to interact playfully with each other in order to form an ever-changing image that can be perceived from different locations in the city around them and the towers individual design creates a new presence that punctures the skyline with a powerful, recognisable silhouette. The design for this residential project strives to symbolise the boldness of the overall master plan and represent its contemporary vision and innovation enthusiastically.

The importance of the site is accentuated by its location as users are afforded magnificent sea view on both sides as they climb the building. The two focal towers 100 storeys high act like two arms opening up to the sky. These towers are anchored by a sky bridge and can hold public functions 300m above the streets.

An observation deck is planned at an altitude of 400m and tension edge swimming pools at around 300m above the ground level. The result is that these four towers bend and the centre two reach to the sky in a gesture that would seem to defy gravity.

Unusual residential tower planned for India

400 meters :cheesy:

World one is 442 meters!

194102shreeparti2.jpg

Wooda Bagot Green IT Park, Gurgaon, NCR :yahoo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Some reasonably hot stuff goiing down in India.

Indian_IT_Park.jpg

Below, Parkland City Proposed IT Park, Gurgaon, NCR - Green or Not, I Don't Know :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

parklandscity22468389gr0.jpg

Another Render of Same-Same ...

parklandscity32468e18zh5.jpg

Connaught Place, the Absolute Heart of National Capital Region (NCR) of New Delhi:
- The 'goto' place , city center or 'downtown' ...

counnaughtplaceparkhtwy6.jpg
[/IMG]

Below, Another Shot Same-Same, Daylight ..

06.JPG

(c) skyscrapercity.com; Delhi Project News from the National Capital Region - Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=196485&page=49

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh my, CBD Belapur :wave: !
I know this place. Smack in front of the local. Yeah, white station building also visible on extreme left.
Changed so much - starting to look like it's original full name - everybody called it CBD Belapur. 20 yrs. I've heard CBD, CBD CBD Belapur with no cbd tin sight. Belapur is such a catchy name too. Finally, bloody place is even getting a skyline :-) .

I think it,s turned out better than plan. Happens. Planning time phase nobody knew the economy would get super charged on IT & outsourcing and the whole Bombay area would boom that much.

With the Delhi- Bombay Ind. Corridor on booster mode noe, this place is in for a giga boom :woot: .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh my, CBD Belapur! I know this place. Smack in front of the local. Yeah, white station building also visible on extreme left.
Changed so much - starting to look like it's original full name - everybody called it CBD Belapur. 20 yrs. I've heard CBD, CBD CBD Belapur with no cbd tin sight. Finally, bloody place is even getting a skyline :-) .

I think it,s turned out better than plan. Happens. Planning time phase nobody knew the economy would get super charged on IT & outsourcing and the whole Bombay area would boom that much.

I guess it is CBD Vashi. That read above is Palm beach Road

Solar researchers from Kerala, a southern state of India, have designed the world’s first integrated solar energy storage roof tile. Utilizing special electronics, the researchers have managed to develop solar tiles with integrated battery to store the generated power. Forty researchers of the Amrita Center for Nanosciences, headed by Shanti Nair and Vinod Gopal, have worked on the coveted project.
integrated_solar_power_tile_pkyda.jpg

Named ‘Amrita Smart,’ the integrated solar tile can both harvest and store power on sunny days. The power can be used to recharge laptops, cell phones or to light up the house during nighttime. The product weighs in at 200 grams and it will be made available on the market in two years, says Vinod Gopal.

We have seen a variety of solar products that can only harvest power from sun. But, most often, for storing the power, extra battery will be required. It is here the Amrita Smart becomes unique. The invention is certainly noteworthy, because it will be inexpensive and efficient as well. In addition, it will be easy to set up given the fact that it is an integrated product.

The Amrita researchers showcased their invention at the International Conference, NANOSOLAR 2012. The solar conference was conduced by the Amrita Center for Nanosciences at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences in Erankulam, the industrial city of Kerala.

The integrated solar power tile is a notable invention. It can be used for home-based production of sustainable power. People can now embellish their rooftops with solar power generating-and-storing tiles. To an extent, it will bring the electricity bills down as well contribute much into the reduction of carbon footprint.

Indian researchers develop integrated solar energy storage tile

bp367331large.jpg

bp377173large.jpg

Jaipur metro is coming up waaaay faster than the others. And they're doing this double decker thing.

deepan.jpg

tbmsm.jpg

Additional work on the Bangalore metro

Unitech Grande, Now Golf & Country Club Scaled Down Version
--_-------------------------------------------------__-_------------------------------------
grandenoidatpic1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom