What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

JK govt sets up 116 Model Villages

Jammu, March 18 (PTI) Over 116 Model Villages have been set up in Jammu and Kashmir at a cost of around 139.2 crore, state government said today.
"Out of 119 Model Villages (MV), 116 model villages have been completed in Jammu and Kashmir and Rs 1.20 crore has been spent on each village," Jammu and Minister for Rural Development, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Ali Muhammad Sagar informed the Legislative Council responding to a question by MLC Vijay Bakaya today.
Sagar said the work on other three model villages is also apace and would be completed within the shortest period.
He said the main infrastructure components envisaged for each model village include Children Park, Play Ground, Shopping Complex, Lanes and Drains, Community Information Centre, Common Facility Centre, Internal Village Roads, Bathing Ghats, Entry Gates, Solar Lights and other activities as per local needs.
The Minister further said ten more villages will be developed as model villages under Border Areas Development Programme in the state.

I am interested to know, with rapid urbanisation in India, what happens to India's villages and all the culture and tradition associated with it?
I mean this is what makes the sub-continent unique, the varying culture and colours alongwith the cuisine.

I am interested to know, with rapid urbanisation in India, what happens to India's villages and all the culture and tradition associated with it?
I mean this is what makes the sub-continent unique, the varying culture and colours alongwith the cuisine.

The victory of one society/country over the other is when you can force/propagate your culture on the other. The British are the ultimate victors. With such rapid urbanization in the rural areas, a lot of culture and traditions are getting lost. However, though not much culture or tradition is seen in daily lives, whenever there is an occasion, people go through all the rituals making sure everything is counted per the traditions and make it look like one ancient affair lol. I would say Indians are successfully modeling themselves to work in westernized environment while living with ancient traditions.

Pandora what happened to you? I travel on railway for long time and its quite good. In last 3/4 years its much cleaner and most of the time maintains timetable.

11feb22kpn71.jpg

search about magarpatta city near pune...it was a village which is now an IT hub...Pimpari-chinchwad is also a city which was formerly a village..also i think Navi mumbai was built on villages....
the villagers get huge money for their lands and often choose to live in the newly developed cities but they do not give up their traditions and cultures

Hey Kindcobra, these images are posted. Please check the pics posted before to avoid reposting.

Hey Kindcobra, these images are posted. Please check the pics posted before to avoid reposting.

sorry man but how i can see all images on this 120 page long thread..
i don't have whole day just for doing this :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom