What's new

India demands Predator XP and Armed Avenger UAV’s from US to keep China in check

That project is already underway.Our engineers are working hard on indigenizing on two major systems -engine & actuators.
The progress of such a project would be far more interesting than this theatrical news piece. :)

Such a waste of money....we need predator ucav...and for survelliance globalhawk!!!
We need only global hawk/triton. If iaf use Predators & its follow on models,it will be toasted in the sky itself the moment it cross border with China or pakistan.

The progress of such a project would be far more interesting than this theatrical news piece. :)

Indeed. India will need to scale up its manufacturing & R&D base to move from model(once completed) to production phase, a drive that is currently underway. Bankruptcy code, a vital tool for innovation, has only been passed in the parliament today and will be effective from next financial year. Labour laws and other processes are being simplified. But it is a long(ish) process.

In the meantime, till we develop appropriate internal systems, we have to depend on foreign systems unfortunately.

Import Import and more Imports ....That's Indian Armed forces for you :)

Import Import and more Imports ....That's Indian Armed forces for you :)

Even your superpower ally China imports many systems and was on the top of the list some years back.What's your point ?

stupid subject...we can keep china in check only through economic growth and dialogues..we must understand, US has all those weapons but it cant keep china in check then how come it would help India? BS!

Indeed. India will need to scale up its manufacturing & R&D base to move from model(once completed) to production phase, a drive that is currently underway. Bankruptcy code, a vital tool for innovation, has only been passed in the parliament today and will be effective from next financial year. Labour laws and other processes are being simplified. But it is a long(ish) process.

In the meantime, till we develop appropriate internal systems, we have to depend on foreign systems unfortunately.
There is no shame for being dependent on some foreign systems as long as domestic companies are making progress in the same area, no matter how slow they are.

I have been jumping back and forth between Indian section and Chinese section. There is a very noticeable difference between these two sections. In Chinese part, there is a long list of new stuffs being made or used. In Indian part, there is a long list of new stuffs being purchased or negotiated for purchase. Given the official practice of secrecy by Chinese government and the official openness of Indian government, the difference is even more prominent. If I were Indian, I would have been tired of hearing those deals or even speculative deals. I would be more eager to see what Indian companies can show. Personally, I am very excited in watching the progress of Indian aircraft carrier building, the destroyers, etc. Pretty cool stuffs. :)

By the way, a word on Tejas on truck. I'd like recommend Tejas to fly over during the celebration. I am sure it will bring more joy for Indian folks than slowly ferried over by a truck. A side benefit is to tell HAL that they'd better not to f$ck it up. They need some serious pressure.

Even your superpower ally China imports many systems and was on the top of the list some years back.What's your point ?

China is not even a developed country yet, let alone a superpower.

First let us become a developed country, before even thinking of becoming a superpower.

By the way, a word on Tejas on truck. I'd like recommend Tejas to fly over during the celebration. I am sure it will bring more joy for Indian folks than slowly ferried over by a truck.

There is a ban on single engine aircraft on republic day flypasts

China is not even a developed country yet, let alone a superpower.

First let us become a developed country, before even thinking of becoming a superpower.

I was talking to them in their own 'cheerleader parlance'.Didn't meant an insult to you guys.

There is no shame for being dependent on some foreign systems as long as domestic companies are making progress in the same area, no matter how slow they are.

I have been jumping back and forth between Indian section and Chinese section. There is a very noticeable difference between these two sections. In Chinese part, there is a long list of new stuffs being made or used. In Indian part, there is a long list of new stuffs being purchased or negotiated for purchase. Given the official practice of secrecy by Chinese government and the official openness of Indian government, the difference is even more prominent. If I were Indian, I would have been tired of hearing those deals or even speculative deals. I would be more eager to see what Indian companies can show. Personally, I am very excited in watching the progress of Indian aircraft carrier building, the destroyers, etc. Pretty cool stuffs. :)

By the way, a word on Tejas on truck. I'd like recommend Tejas to fly over during the celebration. I am sure it will bring more joy for Indian folks than slowly ferried over by a truck. A side benefit is to tell HAL that they'd better not to f$ck it up. They need some serious pressure.

I agree. Military-Industry complex is only now building up. There has been quite a few policy changes in the past one year and some positive changes are afoot with more private sector participation. In fact, India increased its defense exports six times in the last year.

Indian govt policy of openness indirectly helps in maintaining secrecy. Too many purported leaks, sources etc, combined with the screechy, unprofessional journalism ensures that the believably factor is low. Hence many important news slips through unnoticed.

On Tejas, Indian policy is that no single engine aircraft will fly on Republic Day. Unlikely to change. However, it is going to fly soon at Baharin Air show. So you should see some news on that. Latest amateur video footage of Tejas practicing for the airshow is available here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom