What's new

India decides to handover land to Bangladesh.

Seriously your country must be really lucky to have such ppl. They have so much affection for some other country that they cannot see what is good or bad for own country. They tend to see every thing in bad light, seems they are only interested in perpetuating the conflict.

Well if you insist.
age-is-not-a-measure-of-wisdom-age-quote.jpg

Very good point. Very well made, and I deserved that rebuke.

India has been keeping our land since 1947. It is a ploy to rebuild an Akhand Bharat bit by bit.

We had it in 1971. We withdrew, didn't we? No Indian in his right mind wants Bangladesh to be a part of India. What exactly would it contribute except being a drain on our economy?

India has been keeping our land since 1947. It is a ploy to rebuild an Akhand Bharat bit by bit.

Well go defile Radcliffes grave with your tears...instead of pointing at us.

I'll join in if you want to have a real "dig" to the heart of the matter and slap things around a bit.

But the matter on the ground is dusted and settled I am afraid....and you better get on with improving your lives and making the boundaries redundant in the long term.

Seriously your country must be really lucky to have such ppl. They have so much affection for some other country that they cannot see what is good or bad for own country. They tend to see every thing in bad light, seems they are only interested in perpetuating the conflict.

Well if you insist.
age-is-not-a-measure-of-wisdom-age-quote.jpg

Seriously I have nothing against India. My post of Tail wagging the dog was meant to be a joke.
Some Indians at that time in another thread was claiming that Sheikh Hasina was their maid. So i made this comment. Hope you understand.

@Joe Shearer

Now resolve the water dispute also ...land swap is a big step hope , now relations will grow more and more

Seriously I have nothing against India. My post of Tail wagging the dog was meant to be a joke.
Some Indians at that time in another thread was claiming that Sheikh Hasina was their maid. So i made this comment. Hope you understand.

@Joe Shearer

OK I will stop that language.

You gave me a good fight in the other thread and I respect that.

@Joe Shearer

That other was an UNFORTUNATE remark, and completely unacceptable in its original form. However the member concerned watered it down, although in my opinion he should have taken a sharper knife to it.

My apologies, on his and our collective behalf.

Omon kutchhit kotha shuina khub lojjito hoilam.

good relationships prevailed in slowly resolving this trouble and hopefully will with other any issues in future .

If we are willing to sacrifice land for better relations with Bangladesh then the other side must respect it. I don't know how they come up with we being the aggressor and the akhand bharat garbage.

With Sheikh Hasina's govt in Bangladesh and the land agreement, both the country are poised to have good relations.

I suspect we have another juvenile delinquent among us. Isn't it time that members' ages were listed?

We should first start with a 'sanity' check. For example, we can have a test question designed for Bangladeshis (through IP or choice of flags): "Sun sets in the west, India is in the west -elaborate". If the answer is something like "Sun refuses to shine where India is"....which I believe most of Bangladeshis would reply; admin should block that IP for 200 years, hoping that sanity would return at least in 200 years...

You seem to be the kind of person who would blame the host who just gave you a good treat, for depriving you of food for all the time. Good thing for you is that you are not alone in Bangladeshi section, rather a majority.

Last edited:
We should first start with a 'sanity' check. For example, we can have a test question designed for Bangladeshis (through IP or choice of flags): "Sun sets in the west, India is in the west -elaborate". If the answer is something like "Sun refuses to shine where India is"....which I believe most of Bangladeshis would reply; admin should block that IP for 200 years, hoping that sanity would return at least in 200 years...

You seem to be the kind of person who would blame the host who just gave you a good treat, for depriving you of food for all the time. Good thing for you is that you are not alone in Bangladeshi section, rather a majority.

I am confused. Are you an incorrigible optimist or did you mean an insanity check? In any case, only an optimist would suggest 200 years.

If we are willing to sacrifice land for better relations with Bangladesh then the other side must respect it. I don't know how they come up with we being the aggressor and the akhand bharat garbage.

With Sheikh Hasina's govt in Bangladesh and the land agreement, both the country are poised to have good relations.

But, India is taking more and giving less. Now, India proposed a pipeline through BD. The current land returning issue must be seen in the light of its passage in Indian two-housed Parliament. Another 20 or 50 years will be needed perhaps to pass a legislation there.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom