What's new

India Could Soon Set Up A Military Base In Oman

South Asia
South Asia is not a homogenous region. Have a look at Koppen Climate Maps. PAkistani climate is pretty similiar to countries on the West. Dry to desert but with some high altitude mountain zones and river irrigation. Other then it is just continuation of the deserts and dry zone starting in Morocco.

koppen_all_1901-2010_thumb.png

Instead you have a tendency to cry and shout why the GCC has not thrown every expat out that is not a Pakistani and in return employed Pakistanis only and in return the GCC would get what? Half-broken promises of sending a few symbolic soldiers to the border of Yemen never to do it? Or empty claims (until proven differently) of defending KSA with a nuclear umbrella. Meanwhile millions of remittances are flowing directly to Pakistan from the GCC this weekend alone while we speak. What does KSA get in return? Some 1000 soldiers/advisers as most based in KSA doing what exactly while the same KSA is conducting exercises with the best armies of the planet on a regular bases? Even China nowadays. This discussion of who has done most or benefits most, we can take, but I am afraid that the GCC will not be the winner here.

South Asia is not a homogenous region. Have a look at Koppen Climate Maps. PAkistani climate is pretty similiar to countries on the West. Dry to desert but with some high altitude mountain zones and river irrigation. Other then it is just continuation of the deserts and dry zone starting in Morocco.

koppen_all_1901-2010_thumb.png

You did not read my post did you? What exactly was wrong with my factual statements, namely that the majority of South Asia is a humid region of the world and certainly much more humid than the Middle East/MENA/Arab World/call it what you want that even the map that you are now posting clearly shows? Well, I am not sure. We get it, Pakistanis are not identical to Indians or Sri Lankans just because you are all "South Asians" just like Arabs in the Near East are not identical to Papuan Asians. Save your work since the designation South Asia apparently bothers you.

Sure, every expat is abused in the GCC because you have watched 5-6 videos of sporadic apples abusing some expats
No. I rarely make assessments based on such superficial sources. I have never been to Poland but I know they have problems with racism and Islamicphobia. Much in the same I make my assessments on a broad calculus that gels together a wide matrix of sources.

No. I rarely make assessments based on such superficial sources. I have never been to Poland but I know they have problems with racism and Islamicphobia. Much in the same I make my assessments on a broad calculus that gels together a wide matrix of sources.

Let us say that you are right. The GCC is a complete and utter hellhole for expats, in particular South Asian expats (after all 6-7 millions South Asian expats call the GCC their temporary home or even their home from birth). If that is the case what would you call South Asia (using that term again as it prevents me from writing all the countries in that region of the world) as per the statistics of modern-day slavery that I posted in post 38, 42 etc.?

Just curious where you stand is here as I am yet to see you talk about Pakistanis (wealthy) being better at treating their own impoverished compatriots. I have been told a lot of horror stories by Pakistani friends about how the "Pakistani elites" in particular feudal elites treat their own people in the countryside mainly.

Just curious as I wrote.

P.S: Poles and Eastern Europeans (despite flooding the UK as you know) also complain about how racist the UK is, how badly treated they are by people, how much racism they endure and how employees are paying them minimum wages and sometimes not even that. Occasionally they are even killed in racially motivated attacks.

Yet they are still flooding the UK and my guess is that the majority do not suffer from such issues but merely a minority. Similar to the GCC unless you want to believe that the few 5-6 videos showing abuses in the GCC are representative. In this case some of the 100 PDF users from South Asia based in the GCC, must have suffered (logically and statistically) similar abuses yet I have never heart such stories being spoken about here or even eluded to. At most complains about lack of citizenship (strange complain as they knew the ground realities before their
arrivals or at least should have), partially ineffective system at times, a brawl here and there every few years etc.

So do British Pakistanis btw. Yet only a minority go "back home".

Last edited:
South Asia
Read the fcukin forum title. It reads "Pakistan" yes Pakistan Defence Forum. Not South Asian forum. Therefore my comments are informed by, restricted and limited to Pakistan. And for the last time I am going to tell you most Pakistan is bone dry desert. Ask the mutts who live there. The saving grace is Indus River like the nile that provides irrigation. I even stated that some of the hottest, driest locations on earth are found in Pakistan. So please give this "humid" crap a break. The uniform "Khaki" was fielded first i what is now Pakistan precisely because of the environment.

Read the fcukin forum title. It reads "Pakistan" yes Pakistan Defence Forum. Not South Asian forum. Therefore my comments are informed by, restricted and limited to Pakistan. And for the last time I am going to tell you most Pakistan is bone dry desert. Ask the mutts who live there. The saving grace is Indus River like the nile that provides irrigation. I even stated that some of the hottest, driest locations on earth are found in Pakistan. So please give this "humid" crap a break. The uniform "Khaki" was fielded first i what is now Pakistan precisely because of the environment.

You don't get it? Pakistan might be dry compared to much of South Asia but 1) Pakistanis are not the only expats working in the GCC from South Asia, 2) Pakistan is still more humid than the GCC and most of the Middle East which even the freaking map that you yourself posted shows.

BTW just as a comparison to the statistics shown in post 38 and 42.

Let's take KSA (as an example) and make a comparison. Everyone is free to do so by themselves.

38 of 167 Prevalence Index Rank
Saudi Arabia
sa.png

• ESTIMATED NUMBER LIVING IN MODERN SLAVERY
  • ESTIMATE PROPORTION IN SLAVERY
  • 0.292%
  • POPULATION
  • GDP (PPP)
  • $51,924
  • VULNERABILITY TO MODERN SLAVERY
  • 40.47/100
  • GOVERNMENT RESPONSE RATING TO MODERN SLAVERY
  • CC
Read Region Analysis

The definition of modern-day slavery is given by the Global Slavery Index. So in other words less than 100.000 people in KSA live in conditions that apply to such a characteristic (modern-day slavery).

22 + times less than in Pakistan and almost 200 less than India as per the leading source of modern-day slavery in the world. BTW I rather trust such a source than what 5-6 Youtube videos show or whatever some people that are completely unfamiliar with the GCC believe in or not. Yet I have Indians here telling us all how badly Arabs (supposedly) treat South Asians. Hilarious. Here once again the analogy of a serial murderer teaching morals to a occasional abuser and brawler, comes to mind in a very hilarious and tragicomical fashion, dare I say.
Anyway quite a discussion. From a useless Indian source about a nonsense rumor of an Indian military base in Oman to this. Only on PDF.

@SALMAN F bro, I might have missed some of your tags. They are somehow not always working in my guess. Not sure what it is. In any case I have to call it a day. A busy weekend ahead of me in a good way.

BTW I imagine Arabs reading this thread high-fifing themselves and laughing themselves to sleep. On a role today after my little self-imposed "exile".:lol:

Last edited:
If that was even remotely the case why was it such a big problem to send a few 1000 Pakistani troops to the border of Yemen? You see, it makes zero sense.

Because those are two seperate issues.

The Foreign Office (FO) has repeatedly stated that Pakistan will deploy force only if there is threat to Saudi Arabia's territorial integrity. Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen is not a threat to the Kingdom's terrorital integrity.

"Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif reiterated that any aggression against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s territorial integrity will evoke a strong response from Pakistan,” the (FO) statement said.
Source:
You don't get it? Pakistan might be dry compared to much of South Asia but 1) Pakistanis are not the only expats working in the GCC from South Asia, 2) Pakistan is still more humid than the GCC and most of the Middle East which even the freaking map that you yourself posted shows.

BTW just as a comparison to the statistics shown in post 38 and 42.

Let's take KSA (as an example) and make a comparison. Everyone is free to do so by themselves.

38 of 167 Prevalence Index Rank
Saudi Arabia
sa.png

• ESTIMATED NUMBER LIVING IN MODERN SLAVERY
  • ESTIMATE PROPORTION IN SLAVERY
  • 0.292%
  • POPULATION
  • GDP (PPP)
  • $51,924
  • VULNERABILITY TO MODERN SLAVERY
  • 40.47/100
  • GOVERNMENT RESPONSE RATING TO MODERN SLAVERY
  • CC
Read Region Analysis

The definition of modern-day slavery is given by the Global Slavery Index. So in other words less than 100.000 people in KSA live in conditions that apply to such a characteristic (modern-day slavery).

22 + times less than in Pakistan and almost 200 less than India as per the leading source of modern-day slavery in the world. BTW I rather trust such a source than what 5-6 Youtube videos show or whatever some people that are completely unfamiliar with the GCC believe in or not. Yet I have Indians here telling us all how badly Arabs (supposedly) treat South Asians. Hilarious. Here once again the analogy of a serial murderer teaching morals to a occasional abuser and brawler, comes to mind in a very hilarious and tragicomical fashion, dare I say.
Anyway quite a discussion. From a useless Indian source about a nonsense rumor of an Indian military base in Oman to this. Only on PDF.

@SALMAN F bro, I might have missed some of your tags. They are somehow not always working in my guess. Not sure what it is. In any case I have to call it a day. A busy weekend ahead of me in a good way.

BTW I imagine Arabs reading this thread high-fifing themselves and laughing themselves to sleep. On a role today after my little self-imposed "exile".:lol:

Straw man fallacy galore. :partay: :partay:

MjLSg2W.gif

Fake illogical news.. Why Oman would allow military base to anyone.. are they short of money/resources? are they facing any threat from Pakistan or Iran? as far as i know they have friendly relations with both..

Fake illogical news.. Why Oman would allow military base to anyone.. are they short of money/resources? are they facing any threat from Pakistan or Iran? as far as i know they have friendly relations with both..
Oman is the first Gulf nation to have formalised defence relations with India. Both countries conducted joint military exercises in 2006 and subsequently signed a defense agreement.[16] Following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to Oman in 2008, defence co-operation between the two countries was further stepped up. The Indian Navy has berthing rights in Oman,[17] and has been utilising Oman's ports as bases for conducting anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden. The Indian Air Force has also been holding biannual joint exercises with the Royal Air Force of Oman since 2009.[18][19][20] Oman has approached India in order to fence along the Oman-Yemen border in order to protect the nation from growing unrest in Yemen.[21] The standard issue rifle of the Royal Army of Oman is India's INSAS rifle.India has a listening post at Ras al Hadd.[22][23][24][25] and berthing rights for the Indian Navy at Mascat naval base.[26][27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Oman_relations

Last edited:
Oman is the first Gulf nation to have formalised defence relations with India. Both countries conducted joint military exercises in 2006 and subsequently signed a defense agreement.[16] Following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to Oman in 2008, defence co-operation between the two countries was further stepped up. The Indian Navy has berthing rights in Oman,[17] and has been utilising Oman's ports as bases for conducting anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden. The Indian Air Force has also been holding biannual joint exercises with the Royal Air Force of Oman since 2009.[18][19][20] Oman has approached India in order to fence along the Oman-Yemen border in order to protect the nation from growing unrest in Yemen.[21] The standard issue rifle of the Royal Army of Oman is India's INSAS rifle.India has a listening post at Ras al Hadd.[22][23][24][25] and birthing rights for the Indian Navy at Mascat naval base.[26][27]

i used to think Oman have smart ruler.. :lol:

Expanding the foot print from Indian ocean to Arebian sea.

Expanding the foot print from Indian ocean to Arebian sea.
It won't go as far as a naval base though.. Oman has no place for it.. Just berthing rights and some support..

Sounds too stupid to be true.

How can India operate a military base in Oman.

India just doesn't have the large enough economy or money to sustain a military base overseas.

You sound stupid here with your ignorant posts
India has 5th largest defense budget, 7th largest economy (Nominal), 3rd largest in terms of PPP

India already operates bases in

Bhutan – an Indian Military Training Team (IMTRAT) is permanently stationed in western Bhutan

Madagascar – a Coastal Surveillance Radar (CSR) station, with berthing rights for the Indian Navy,

Mauritius – part of India's security grid including Coastal Surveillance Radar (CSR) station of Indian Navy's National Command Control Communication Intelligence network,

Nepal – Surkhet Air base built by India and intelligence sharing

Seychelles – Indian Overseas Military Base at Assumption Island (IOMB Assumption Island) Seychelles' Maritime Security Advisor is also an Indian naval officer,

Tajikistan – Farkhor Air Base, India's first external military base,

Last edited:
It won't go as far as a naval base though.. Oman has no place for it.. Just berthing rights and some support..

Ok whatever makes you happy. We shall have naval base there. And presence of our naval ship matters in that region from where your oil passes.

Ok whatever makes you happy. We shall have naval base there. And presence of our naval ship matters in that region from where your oil passes.
If you talk too much about my Oil..the Whole Hole of your India will sink..:lol: keep out of provocative posts..
The fact is Oman does not have a place for A foreign base.. do you understand English? there won't be an Indian base there or any other.. apart from berthing rights and some support..

Back
Top Bottom