India Conducts Unannounced Air Exercise near Doklam

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: BELLING CAT

DG-03JAN16-Bagdogra.png

Indian Air Force (IAF) rotations of SU-30MKI Flanker continued in 2017/2018 at the Bagdogra Airbase, likely for an unannounced air exercise. Previous commercial imagery acquired in January 2016 also showed a squadron level deployment of the IAF’s advanced fighter. Up to eleven Flanker were observed and nine were still visible by the end of January 2018.

Prior to the Bagdogra deployments, commercial imagery acquired in October 2017 captured the arrival of at least four SU-30MKI at nearby Hasimara. The flight of Flanker deployed for QRA duty likely due to tensions with China over the Doklam dispute. The QRA aircraft may have relocated to Bagdogra to fill out the squadron level deployment, as they were no longer visible at the end of December.

After the Flanker departed Hasimara, commercial imagery showed additional arrivals on the eastern parking apron. Imagery acquired in early January showed a flight of five Hawk MK 132 trainer aircraft. (The IAF & Indian Navy ordered 123 Hawk MK-132 jets.) The Hawk provide Stage 3 training before pilots progress to operational fighters. It’s likely the Hawk participated in the air exercise. Imagery suggests the exercise concluded within the month as the Hawk departed the airbase.

Not far from the Hawk, four MIG-27ML were also observed on the north side of the runway. India reportedly decommissioned the remaining MIG-27 at the airbase in late December; however many remained near operational areas in January. Previously, non-operational MIG-27 appear to have been cannibalized for parts and relocated south of the runway. India still operates the swing-wing aircraft out of Jodhpur and Gwalior.

Satellite imagery continues to show a larger number of fighter aircraft deployed at China’s Shigatse, the closest airfield to the Doklam dispute. With the completion of India’s air exercise and the decommissioning of the MIG-27, it will be interesting to see if the IAF will maintain the previous QRA flight or even a larger air element. Until we get additional collects, we won’t know if India is attempting to hedge against Chinese rotations.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/res...onducts-unannounced-air-exercise-near-doklam/

The Chinese got a bloody nose in Doklam. They understood China can not bully small neighbors except Pakistan. India will protect them.

Indian Army was on so called Chinese land face to face with PLA for three months bwfore the PLA retreats. We still hold the important ground in Doklam as we wanted.

The Chinese got a bloody nose in Doklam. They understood China can not bully small neighbors except Pakistan. India will protect them.

Indian Army was on so called Chinese land face to face with PLA for three months bwfore the PLA retreats. We still hold the important ground in Doklam as we wanted.

India is only good at beg at foreign power for help when face China, Sushma Swaraj had sent the S.O.S to US and their armies came to Donglang unarmed in order to earn our pity on them and then turn around to claim that they gave us a bloody nose :rofl:

India is only good at beg at foreign power for help when face China, Sushma Swaraj had sent the S.O.S to US and their armies came to Donglang unarmed in order to earn our pity on them and then turn around to claim that they gave us a bloody nose :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

China will win Doklam one day by unleashing High IQ trolls.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

China will win Doklam one day by unleashing High IQ trolls.

I doubt most of them are Chinese. I visited China and meet many others in Singapore but never saw a single Chinese having bad thought about India.

Trolls here got a big slap after Doklam that Indian soldiers sat down on Chinese land and no bullet was fired by PLA. They got hurt but now satisfying their ego by trolling.

I doubt most of them are Chinese. I visited China and meet many others in Singapore but never saw a single Chinese having bad thought about India.

Trolls here got a big slap after Doklam that Indian soldiers sat down on Chinese land and no bullet was fired by PLA. They got hurt but now satisfying their ego by trolling.

In last 70 years they haven't learnt a simple lesson that people laugh at their propaganda.

The very purpose of using this forum was to discredit and disrepute India and Indians. Look where India is today and what they have become paddling lies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh yaar please stop, I will end up in hospital , I am splitting my sides:rofl::rofl::rofl:

why? truth is always hard to accept and digest. are you sick:angel:
no need to argue and debate anything with Gangadeshi Sanghis, pump them up more until they blow themselves.

Pakistan is running on aid money, china is paper tiger, USA and Russia depend on Indian call center sanghis and purchasing power of trillion $$$....Universe needs to see and accept, since vedic times there wa, is, and will be only on super power...

Please no more malfunctions and crashing in Chinese territory.

Wow!! I guess bharat mata is all ready and set to claim another surgical strike against China now....no?????

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom