What's new

India, China & the Indian ocean

dual standard is played when you are qualified to do so. at this stage, yes, South China Sea belongs to China, india ocean belongs to the world.

not happy? show me your strength then, rather than Arjun joke or LCA crap.

Both South China Sea and Indian Ocean belongs to the world. The funny thing is not what you said but the number of serious responses you receive.

1.no. indian ocean is the most strategic. watch the video

2. India's geographical advantage in the IOR (indian ocean region) provides it a undeniable advantage, such that not only its navy, even the airforce has bases deep in the islands of indian ocean. i dont expect you to understand this because you seem to be an amateur in this area. History comes to mind when Indian and and US navy faced off once in 1971 war, each posturing with its aircraft carrier group

My point is, since the europeans invaded india by the sea, india has built a strong navy since independence so that even the US navy today cannot repeat history.

PS: i hope by 'our' you meant US, if u meant chinese navy in the IOR, then its just sad :rolleyes:

so by 'our' you actually meant China? :woot: and you are suggesting that china take over the indian land and then control the ocean? :lol:

boy are you naive.

1. start with wikipedia. it is very informative to amateurs

2. once you have gained enough knowledge about warfare and power projection, watch this

3.about 62 war, read wikipedia again. and plz dont gloat about it. india was defeated by china and embarrassed by pakistan in the 60's, however a decade of massive reorganization turned the army into a blood hound fighting force. in 71 for example, pakistan attacked a few airbases and do u know what happened to them? .... read wikipedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some words. I believe. I just found out that Fasi is the universal language among Indians until the British took over India. Is that true?

No, not really. Farsi was used in parts of the Mughal government because the Mughals themselves were of Persianate origin, but the common people of India never spoke Farsi. However, the modern-day languages of Hindi and Urdu have borrowed some words from Farsi.

Also, it should be noted that the world copied much more from India than India ever copied from the world. Just a few things include:

The modern numeral system, the concept of zero, chess, the basic cotton gin, chintz fabric, advanced steelworking techniques (crucible and wootz steel), dikes and advanced irrigation techniques, dental drills, plastic surgery, dyes, furnaces, ink, muslin fabric, pajamas, rocket artillery, radio, measuring implements (rulers), globes, toe stirrups, wool, the cultivation of sugarcane and cotton, algebra and trigonometry, Pascal's triangle (several thousand years before Pascal), basic calculus, inoculation, and sewers.

The Persians invented many things as well. So did the Chinese, and the Romans. I think those four civilizations are responsible for most of the world's progress since the human race began.

Its called "indian" ocean after all.....learn to take a hint kids:)

Yes but you don't control or dominate it, the US Seventh Fleet is stationed there to ensure peace is maintained in the waters.

the US seventh fleet is stationed in Yokosuka, Japan........no where near the Indian Ocean..........but not too far from mainland China :azn:

Its called "indian" ocean after all.....learn to take a hint kids:)

The British also named South Asia, the "indian subcontinent". Does that mean that indians can go to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Myanmar without a visa and a passport? Indians, like everyone else, must respect international borders, but the ocean does not have international borders.

The only South Asian country that is dependant on India is Bhutan and Bhutan does not have a coastline.

Sri Lanka is surrrounded by the Indian Ocean on all sides and Sri Lanka is working with China in a number of projects including a seaport and so is Myanmar and Bangladesh. The entire coastline of Pakistan meets the Arabian Sea and you already know how well we Pakistanis cooperate with China.

If these South Asian countries invite China to their waters of the Indian Ocean, then theres very little India can do about it.

India does not own the Indian Ocean. This is the reality. International law does not give India the ownership of the Indian Ocean :wave:

the US seventh fleet is stationed in Yokosuka, Japan........no where near the Indian Ocean..........but not too far from mainland China :azn:

Yup it is stationed in Japan but it is tasked with maintaining peace throughout Western Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean, they can be fully mobilized in a matter of hours. It is the largest forward deployed US Naval Fleet, it alone can decimate the entire navies of all the regional nations. Whether we accept the bitter reality or not, the US Navy is the master of the global seas and they dominate every ocean in the world.

Some words. I believe. I just found out that Fasi is the universal language among Indians until the British took over India. Is that true?

no, it was the court language for Mughal, if I am not wrong

Yup it is stationed in Japan but it is tasked with maintaining peace throughout Western Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean, they can be fully mobilized in a matter of hours. It is the largest forward deployed US Naval Fleet, it alone can decimate the entire navies of all the regional nations. Whether we accept the bitter reality or not, the US Navy is the master of the global seas and they dominate every ocean in the world.

Tell that to the chinese, they cannot digest your bitter reality. thats why US presence in china's neighbourhood causes them to cry out loud. we don't have any problem with US presence in the IOR.

Funny what you call victories in India

two platoons sized patrols met and exchanged fire over the course of a day, 1 killed on the PLA side and 4 killed on the IA side. (wikipedia claims PLA INVASION REPELLED!!!! The number of Indians fighting the edit war on that page probably outnumbers the total combatants)

Both sides mobilized after something or other and neither side acted. Clearly an Indian victory.

Really this all just a manifestation of how vulnerable India felt after 1962. The public is so desperate for reassurance that politicians started claiming anything and everything as a victory/proof that India no longer at the mercy of the PLA.

yh particularly when every action of the govt. is under media scrutiny??Its only possible in ur state controlled media and btw why does ur govt.censor the internet???guess they fear that their citizens had become **** addicts and wouldn concentrate on studies :rofl:

yh particularly when every action of the govt. is under media scrutiny??Its only possible in ur state controlled media and btw why does ur govt.censor the internet???guess they fear that their citizens had become **** addicts and wouldn concentrate on studies :rofl:

Thailand also block **** sites ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom