What's new

India Chases False Prestige In Space

The only "a$$es seem to be burnin" are those of poverty stricken Indians who have severe diarrhea due to the poor sanitary conditions they live in since development money is being diverted to ridiculous projects like sending satellites to Mars.
Indian Official Statistics: Fifteen million persons suffer from Diarrhea/ Dysentery in a period of fifteen days in India

The question people are asking is why doesn't India feed the 700+ million starving people within their borders, provide a toilet in every house, shrine/temple, school, etc... first?

It seems more like these projects were meant for the elite/rich of Bharat to show off, regardless of how many of them fail, at the cost of the poor who would be happier knowing where their next meal is coming from.

I actually feel that many are overestimating the value of space missions.

Don't get me wrong, being able to launch your own satellites is definitely important and something worth the money but what does trying to send a satellite to Mars get a country like India especially in light of all the problems the country faces?

You do raise valid points and we also struggle to justify our spending on these missions when we have so many poor in our country and there are so many issues we need to focus our attention. You should look at how much we spend on space compared to the rest then you will have right perspective. Isro budget is about $1.3 billion which is 1/40 th our military budget. Which one is do you think is helping our scientific progress and reap future benefits??? You guys spend 10 times that on your military expenditure.

You can either accept your limitations or reject them and aim higher.Thats what india did,ISRO through sheer hard work under technology sanction,budget cuts has now reached a stage where we are front runners in space race.I am proud of it and dont give a rats *** about what a useless Pakistani internet warrior opinion about it.

Last edited:
Hahaha hilarious Thread..Hafizz @ss burning again!!

I understand if third world backward countries with no achievements to show post such articles. I only get mad when someone from first world countries, countries who have built their wealth essentially on technological advancement say such things. A pakistani posting it is understandable.

pfff haters gonna hate and whine.... and no one fu***** cares.

Seriously, our budget for scientific purposes is ridiculously small.... the ISRO budget does not even make 0.5% of our GDP while we spend insanely high amounts on anti poverty measures and thus lift millions out of poverty each year. Anyone who has enough IQ to comprehend statistics will understand this by simply comparing census reports from the past 20 years.

And the profits of our space program are obvious... our satellites helped to warn lakhs of people last month before the cyclone Phailin hit the eastern coast of India and probably saved the lives of thousands of people, they help farmers and fishers, add to our national security, the ISRO`s research not only benefits the aero space industry but countless other supply industries etc etc etc....

Just ignore trolls.... they just try to get some better sleep by posting their daily anti India rants.

Back
Top Bottom