What's new

India caucus behind tough terms in Pak aid bill

It is not because the Indians are smart or overly resourceful, but the fact that the entrenched and enormously powerful Zionist and neocon lobbies' agendas favor India at this point. There is a confluence of interests between the West and India to counter China's rise and, in that bigger picture, Pakistan is only a minor impediment -- to be neutralized early. It is unfortunate that China hasn't engaged fully in this battle to help shore up Pakistan against the US/Indian alliance.

An piece of infomation... financially indian immigrants make the most sucessful diaspora among immigrants from all other nations in USA.

There is no good guy or bad guy.

Indians will disagree, but it is Pakistan's contention that India is involved in similar operations in Balochistan and FATA, but gets a pass because the West is propping it up as a counter to China.

Nothing but ISI/pakistan army propaganda aganist india to further its cause and strength it position in pakistan society which already has been run by pakistan army with misplaced self serving myth that india is out destroy and break pakistan...one thing is for sure unless pakistan somhow get out this psychological time bomb...sooner than later its gonna break apart with out india even lifting a finger on his part...all of us can see thats coming from recent disturbing events rocking pakistan.

Though the Zionist brigade and the neocons share a deep homology, their interests and scopes are not identical.

On India, they coincide. The neocons want India as a bulwark against China, the Zionists want India to weaken the only nuclear capable Muslim nation.

The Saffron brigade's Achilles's hill is its pride.

The problem is not pride, but hegemonic ambitions. India's neighbors, cognizant of history, do not appreciate her intentions or hostile attidude -- which is only going to get worse -- and this will create opportunities for China. As such, India and China will come into conflict, not least because of resource contention. It is only a matter of time.

And I should hasten to add that it still appears to me that they represent a minority among overseas Indians - many of whom are in fact more sensible and grounded than some members of the so-called "Chinese diaspora".

I don't know too many native Indians, but Indian diaspora tend to be quite jingoistic. In fact, many of the fanatical Hindutva movements within India are funded extensively by expat Indians.

Back to the brigade, what baffles me slightly is that of all people, you'd think they would understand that now is the wrong time to "gang" up on Pakistan - but no, they just couldn't resist it.

A strong, China-friendly Pakistan is neither in the Zionists' nor the neocons' interests.

Does Pakistan have caucus in US. Yes

Does Yes have caucus in US. Yes

So one should not blame their failures on others.

Unlike others, I do not give credit to the Indian lobby. As stated, India is only benefitting from the two powerhouse lobbies in Washington mentioned above.

IMO I think none can deny that a nation has the duty to subvert the potential boost to its adversary's capabilities. In the context, I think India has done a commendable job.
Over the years there have been issues raised pertaining to the diverting of funds and aid (be it military or fund related) meant for bolstering Pakistani capability to effectively tackle the scourge of terror towards ensuring a conventional parity/superiority vis-vis India. This fact was usually doing rounds uptil now within the academic/think tank circles of US as also off the record observations by the policy makers. But over the past few months, there has been a vocalisation of the same, signalling a major shift in US policy towards Pakistan, which no longer sees Pakistan as only a part of solution but also a part of the problem.

Same comment as above. India has been making such allegations for some time and which, quite sensibly, were ignored by the rest of the world. It is only recently, when India was picked by the West as a counterweight to China, that India's allegations are being parroted by Western media.

The issue was given a further boost by the good Gen. Musharraf when he admitted to this trend during his own rule.

Musharraf did no such thing. Even on this very forum, I am sure you would have seen refutation of that allegation in the video link of the actual interview.

The ultimate aim of GoI will be to ensure that the funds are used for what they are sent and that it shall be incumbent on GoP to generate resources from within for any major upgradation in terms of conventional war fighting ability.

The aim of the GOI would be deny Pakistan any opportunities for military upgradation whatsoever. If it is not doing that, you should elect a better GOI.

Even if Pakistan had tried to stay aloof, it would have had a fallout in terms of radicals trying to run the country in their way

Indian and Western media hysteria notwithstanding, there has never been any possibility that radicals would ever get to "run the country".

An piece of infomation... financially indian immigrants make the most sucessful diaspora among immigrants from all other nations in USA.

Yawn. This is another one of those "35% of all doctors in the US are Indians" type of internet hyperbole that is used to puff up Indian egos. The figures for Indian-Americans are high for two simple reasons:

- many European and Israeli immigrants stop identifying themselves as such after a couple generations, unlike south Asian immigrants.

- the huge influx of cheap, Indian IT workers has artificially distorted the Indian-American average. The figures for education and income cannot be compared to other nationalities who tend to immigrate in a variety of socioeconomic groups. Put simply, it is not because Indians are naturally smarter or more resourceful, but because the smarter and more resourceful Indians manage to escape India and come to the US.

Nothing but ISI/pakistan army propaganda aganist india to further its cause and strength it position in pakistan society which already has been run by pakistan army with misplaced self serving myth that india is out destroy and break pakistan...one thing is for sure unless pakistan somhow get out this psychological time bomb...sooner than later its gonna break apart with out india even lifting a finger on his part...all of us can see thats coming from recent disturbing events rocking pakistan.

Yawn. Typical Indian media blathering.
Next time you feel like bloviating, try taking a walk instead to cool off...

On India, they coincide. The neocons want India as a bulwark against China, the Zionists want India to weaken the only nuclear capable Muslim nation.

The problem is not pride, but hegemonic ambitions. India's neighbors, cognizant of history, do not appreciate her intentions or hostile attidude -- which is only going to get worse -- and this will create opportunities for China. As such, India and China will come into conflict, not least because of resource contention. It is only a matter of time.

I don't know too many native Indians, but Indian diaspora tend to be quite jingoistic. In fact, many of the fanatical Hindutva movements within India are funded extensively by expat Indians.

A strong, China-friendly Pakistan is neither in the Zionists' nor the neocons' interests.

Unlike others, I do not give credit to the Indian lobby. As stated, India is only benefitting from the two powerhouse lobbies in Washington mentioned above.

Same comment as above. India has been making such allegations for some time and which, quite sensibly, were ignored by the rest of the world. It is only recently, when India was picked by the West as a counterweight to China, that India's allegations are being parroted by Western media.

Musharraf did no such thing. Even on this very forum, I am sure you would have seen refutation of that allegation in the video link of the actual interview.

The aim of the GOI would be deny Pakistan any opportunities for military upgradation whatsoever. If it is not doing that, you should elect a better GOI.

Indian and Western media hysteria notwithstanding, there has never been any possibility that radicals would ever get to "run the country".

Yawn. This is another one of those "35% of all doctors in the US are Indians" type of internet hyperbole that is used to puff up Indian egos. The figures for Indian-Americans are high for two simple reasons:

- many European and Israeli immigrants stop identifying themselves as such after a couple generations, unlike south Asian immigrants.

- the huge influx of cheap, Indian IT workers has artificially distorted the Indian-American average. The figures for education and income cannot be compared to other nationalities who tend to immigrate in a variety of socioeconomic groups. Put simply, it is not because Indians are naturally smarter or more resourceful, but because the smarter and more resourceful Indians manage to escape India and come to the US.

Yawn. Typical Indian media blathering.
Next time you feel like bloviating, try taking a walk instead to cool off...

Your stand does not make any sense as long as Pakistan accepts the aid from US.

But I still cannot understand WOT is fought by whom and is in the interest of whom and who should pay.

India is expected to create difficulties in Pakistan’s way. I would be worried if she didn’t as it would imply that India is up to something really sinister.

If India is really responsible for the inclusion of unfavourable conditions in the aid bill; it exposes our incompetence at the diplomatic level. The aid package has been in the offing even before Democrats came to power. Haqqani should be replaced for causing this fiasco.

No I wouldn’t blame India for our diplomatic failure.

India is expected to create difficulties in Pakistan’s way. I would be worried if she didn’t as it would imply that India is up to something really sinister.

If India is really responsible for the inclusion of unfavourable conditions in the aid bill; it exposes our incompetence at the diplomatic level. The aid package has been in the offing even before Democrats came to power. Haqqani should be replaced for causing this fiasco.

Couldn't have said it better : I second that

I doubt if there Pakistani source for the thread title.

Secondly What is purpose of caucus, to influence towards best interest of their country.

India does not have objection if Pakistan spends its own money towards it military expenditures.

However no nation would like its adversary spending aid money on military. Perhaps Indian caucus has influenced congressmen to include such clauses.

This however does not mean the aid has been reduced or cannot be used for intended cause.

Still debating over the issues does not make sense other than heartburn, Since the bill has been approved by the President and Pakistan government has not refused it.

Hi guys don't see my post as one written by an Indian, For a second stop being Nationalistic and think this bill does some wonderful things.

1.Pakistan gets the aid.
2.It strengthens the civilian government v/s the military.
3.Gives more chance for a democratic Pakistan without the military takeover
4.Regulates your spending on military hardware which is bought on aid money to fight India.
5.Now the money will be used to bring back the smiles on those millions of Pakistanis displaced from there home.

Regulation of so much of aid money is required coz it should not be used in the wrong direction.Hope u guys agree.

:cheers:

The things that you mentioned above are none of anybodys but people of Pakistans concern. So for one stop giving the impression that the conditions in the bill are imposed because US wants to strenghten institutions in Pakistan.:disagree:
I need not say more, the more i right over KLB, the more it boils my blood.:angry:

If you take your shades off and stop watching your yellow media, you will realize its not going to happen, but then again whatever makes you feel happy at night.
Just dont post BS here. Isnt BR enough, your kind is all over polluting forums after forums. How about you take a break, dont you guys have something else to do.:disagree:

question; is it possible for a lobbying group from a muslim nation/background to be strong in america?

i tihnk the turks might have one, we all know about the israeli/jewish lobby, indians have a strong one aswell, any muslims nations?

I am not quite sure of your math comparing $167b annual GDP to the $11b over 8 years (partial payment for services rendered in the GWOT) or the $7.5b over 5 years.

i dont get it ......you mean that you are fighiting america's war.....then why do you call it "GWOT".........

say US is fighiting afganistan terrorists........THEY ARE NATURALLY BOUND TO ENTER YOUR COUNTRY......ITS THE DUTY OF YOUR DEFENCE FORCES TO GUARD YOUR TERRITORY ......SO BY LOGIC -BY FIGHITING THE TERRORISTS ,YOUR MILITARY IS DOING ITS JOB -THEN WHY IS THAT PAKISTAN ASKS FOR PAYMENT FROM "US":coffee: FOR DOING THE JOB IT IS NATURALLY SUPPOSED TO DO-"PROTECTING ITS OWN TERRITORY"

Hmm... so the "smarter and more resourceful" Pakistanis are not able to escape Pakistan and come to US?

The reasons for and factors behind Indian immigration to the US are the same as those behind Pakistani, Bangladeshi and even Chinese immigration to the US. Yet... Indian Americans are ahead of almost all Asian immigrant communities in US, be it in terms of college education, or household income.

Please come up with more logical arguments rather than arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think some of you are giving india and the indian lobby too much credit.

Indian lobby backed by neocorns deserve credit since the conditions and the tone used in the bill are insulting and degrading and a direct attempt to interefere into the internal matters of another country.
But then again no one cares in the GOP as long as dollars are flowing.

question; is it possible for a lobbying group from a muslim nation/background to be strong in america?

i tihnk the turks might have one, we all know about the israeli/jewish lobby, indians have a strong one aswell, any muslims nations?

Saudis?
Omanis?
Egyptians?

Hint: they have strong economic and military values .....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom