What's new

India Can Develop A Space Station, Says ISRO Chief

Interesting that china with a more advanced space program but a lot of Chinese seem to be envious of even a casual interview given by our space agency head. Why are Chinese so insecure on this site ?

Havent really found any returns associated with a space station though they have been in use since the 80s , wrt the costs involved.
Rather concentrate on reusable space vehicles.

You did not seem to understand what "envious" means. :cheesy:

I mean, probably; India's space program is rapidly making gains. The question is more 'how much and how long'?

It depends on the state of the Indian economy and priorities

Or, use Elon Musk's re-entry vehicles till we develop our own.

Mutual cooperation is the only way forward to successful space & science endeavors in the future. Meanwhile, politically/ defence wise, all are welcome to the non-stop dick measurement contests that goes around here.

Tell him that, Elon Musk will gladly invest in India if it boosts his goal of making Humanity a "Interplanetary species"

But the idea of setting up a base on the moon and then "launching" massive resource packages back to Earth (likely filled with Uranium) is a pretty hilarious concept. I think that renewable energy might be good enough by that time that we wouldn't need to do that.

The Moon doesn't have large Uranium deposits. The main goal of mining Moon is to get Helium-3

Interesting that china with a more advanced space program but a lot of Chinese seem to be envious of even a casual interview given by our space agency head. Why are Chinese so insecure on this site ?
Probably because they already sent prototype Space stations to Space and is building space station that will be launched in 2020

Any source? Last I saw, ISRO said that they had moved the time for testing equipment for manned missions back to 2024:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/050117/isro-puts-off-its-manned-mission.html
Seriously, what kind of Think Tank are you?
Did you even bother to read the link?

Experimental "first manned mission" has been moved to 2024, not testing equipment. India has already been testing crew modules, re entry, heat shields & rockets.
This year, a Pad Abort Test?

But the idea of setting up a base on the moon and then "launching" massive resource packages back to Earth (likely filled with Uranium) is a pretty hilarious concept.
Even humans landing on Moon was hilarious in 1950.

Plus, all I know that China has plans Moon base & resources extraction from space much before India, so please don't troll.:D
You guys too were supposed to land on Moon by 2020.

Seriously, what kind of Think Tank are you?
Did you even bother to read the link?

Experimental "first manned mission" has been moved to 2024, not testing equipment. India has already been testing crew modules, re entry, heat shields & rockets.
This year, a Pad Abort Test?

Even humans landing on Moon was hilarious in 1950.

Plus, all I know that China has plans Moon base & resources extraction from space much before India, so please don't troll.:D
You guys too were supposed to land on Moon by 2020.

Personal attacks already? :lol:

I can sing praises of how India is a superpower if you want?

I can't find how many launchpads ISRO has. Can anyone give any data? I mean for different uses, PSLV, GSLV?

1st

temcsxws.png

2nd

temefrgth.png

3rd (2 billion dollars) under construction..

Personal attacks already? :lol:
Which personal attack? My personal attack or your ignorance? Take it as personal attack or whatever you want, nonsense is nonsense.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/050117/isro-puts-off-its-manned-mission.html
Isro has put off by four years its first experimental manned mission — from 2020 to 2024 — on board a home-grown GSLV-III rocket.
This year, a Pad Abort Test
I'm again saying, such pathetic trolling since start,

you wouldn't have been analyst if it was not a Pakistani forum. (More pathetic are people who "thanked" this troll post).
Specially, @faithfulguy self proclaimed Taiwanese (and I know he's a Pakistani since his first post).
I can sing praises of how India is a superpower if you want?
Thanks but no thanks, let the results do the talking. We will see whose LV is cheaper, ours or yours.
at least read the article.
He won't, he came here for derailing the entire thread and calling every response a personal attack, not for discussing something.

Which personal attack? My personal attack or your ignorance?

What an intelligent statement. :lol:

Having a "manned space station" is useless when you don't have the capability to send astronauts into space, and India is not even close to achieving that. They aren't even going up start trying until 2024.

I'm again saying, such pathetic trolling since start,

you wouldn't have been analyst if it was not a Pakistani forum. (More pathetic are people who "thanked" this troll post).

This is one of the few places on the internet where third rate cheenee users are celebrated for being their obnoxious little selves.

Any source? Last I saw, ISRO said that they had moved the time for testing equipment for manned missions back to 2024:

Yes, it would take a long time for the technology to reach a point where that would be profitable.

But the idea of setting up a base on the moon and then "launching" massive resource packages back to Earth (likely filled with Uranium) is a pretty hilarious concept. I think that renewable energy might be good enough by that time that we wouldn't need to do that.
Probably, but energy isn't the only thing that miners would look at. There is huge deposits of minerals and metals on asteroids and other planets, that they would still try and find an economical solution to this problem.

What an intelligent statement. :lol:
Not as intellegent as a TTA who didn't even bother to read what's written inside the link.
Repeatedly, citing his claim again & again without any source.
Having a "manned space station" is useless when you don't have the capability to send astronauts into space,
So who told you that India will make space station before HSP?
and India is not even close to achieving that.
Care to elaborate.
India has the required LV, India has capsule, India has the life support systems, India has the space suite, India has the space food, India has the ground stations & enough data.
If anything left is now that's training Astronauts Vyomanauts (the Indian abbreviation) and extensive testing of rockets.
They aren't even going up start trying until 2024.
They have been trying and testing since years. 2024 for manned testing, not unmanned testing.
And this is from the Deccan Herald link you provided. Don't quote me back if you don't have a contradicting source.
This is one of the few places on the internet where third rate cheenee users are celebrated for being their obnoxious little selves.
Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with them. Do they not read history or they are just paid to spoil every discussion with baseless & off topic trolling?
Just got through a discussion over Chinese members claiming that how isolated China revolutionized itself and how India was supported by Soviets & Americans.:crazy:
Trolling that China got GSLV Mk3 class LV decades before itself :-)crazy::crazy:) and how it's going to counter the world, specially Americans who themselves brought China in UNSC and provided them the tech what they have today.

Chinese are also downplaying that their benefactor Bill Clinton as the Massa president was highly generous in signing wavers that allowed critical space related tech to be transferred to China between 1996-1999, despite the reservations of the intel and security agencies.

The cap on tech transfer was lifted after the first of the Long March rockets exploded in 1996.

This link has all the details

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/timeless/how-china-conquered-america746/

February 15, 1996. A Chinese Long March 3B carrying a $200 million Loral satellite explodes 22 seconds after lilftoff.

March 14, 1996. President Clinton shifts control over regulating the export of communications satellites from the State Dept. which was primarily concerned with national security aspects of such exports, to the Commerce Dept., which is concerned with the economic benefits.

May 10, 1996. The Loral-led review commission investigating the February rocket explosion completes and passes on to Chinese officials its report, which according to the April 13, 1998 New York Times, discusses “sensitive aspects of the rocket’s guidance and control systems, which is an area of weakness in China’s missile programs.” The New York Times says that a Pentagon report concludes that, as a result of this technology transfer, “United States national security has been harmed”.

May 23, 1996. President Clinton calls for renewal of MFN for China, saying that renewal would not be “a referendum on all China’s policies,” but “a vote for America’s interests.”

June 8, 1996. China conducts an underground nuclear test.

July 21, 1996. Johnny Chung, according to the New York Times, brings Liu Chao-ying to two DNC fundraisers, including a $25,000 per couple dinner. Liu Chao-ying is a Lieutenant Colonel in the People’s Liberation Army and an executive at China Aerospace, which owns the Great Wall Industry Corp. that makes Long March rockets. Her father is the top commander of Chinese military forces. The New York Times says that Chung has told the Justice Dept. that Liu gave him the better part of $100,000 he contributed to the DNC in the latter part of 1996, and that the source of the money was the PLA.

July 29, 1996. China declares a moratorium on nuclear testing after conducting another nuclear test.

August 8, 1996. According to AP, Clinton meets again with Long Beach officials to advocate turning over the naval base to COSCO.

September 24, 1996. At the UN, President Clinton joins with the foreign ministers of China, France, Russia and Great Britain in signing the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty forbidding all testing of nuclear weapons.

November 5, 1996. President Clinton wins reelection. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the single largest Democratic donor during the election cycle was Loral CEO Bernard Schwartz, who gave $632,000 in ‘soft money’ to the Democratic Party between 1995 and 1996. The State Dept. issues regulations shifting responsibility for satellite launching licenses to the Commerce Dept.

January 1997. The Panamanian government awards the contract to operate the Atlantic and Pacific ports of the Panama Canal to a Hong Kong company, Hutchison Whampoa. China takes control of Hong Kong six months later. The United States, which is set to relinquish control of the canal next year, does not protest.

March 25, 1997. While in Beijing for a meeting with Premier Li Peng and President Jiang Zemin, Vice President Gore attends signing ceremonies for Boeing’s $685 million sale of five jetliners to China’s state-owned Civil Aviation Administration as well as a $1.3 billion joint venture between General Motors and China’s state-owned Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.

May 1997. According to the April 13, 1998 New York Times, a classified Pentagon report reveals that Hughes and Loral scientists “had turned over expertise that significantly improved the reliability of China’s nuclear missiles” following the February 1996 rocket explosion. Hughes and Loral deny the New York Times report when it is published in 1998.

May 19, 1997. President Clinton announces that he will authorize MFN renewal for China.

October 1997. Chinese President Jiang Zemin makes a state visit to the United States. During the trip, he stops at a Hughes site to discuss satellites.

January 15, 1998. After China promises that it will no longer aid Iran’s nuclear program, President Clinton certifies that China is a reliable partner for nuclear technology exchange.

February 19, 1998. Despite opposition from the Justice Dept, President Clinton signs a waiver approving the launch of a Loral satellite from a Chinese rocket and reportedly authorizing the transfer of the same type of technology that the Pentagon said had “harmed” US security and that the Justice Dept. was investigation Loral and Hughes for their illegally transferring in 1996.

The same Bill Clinton was acerbic and vitriolic after our nuke tests in 1998 and put us under heavy sanctions.

There is a similar history for role of France & the Former Soviet Union in China's Thermonuclear Weapons & even Chinese aviation industry.
Not only this, its about British role in China's semiconductor industry .
It's India actually who faced negligence from both sides and had to take decades to make anything. That's why India could only buy and not copy. And when it finally started doing something, people themselves surviving on Western TOT are trolling here.

Back
Top Bottom