What's new

India buying back onions from Pakistan after exporting tonnes

Onion prices have sky rocketed. People have been buying shallots instead.. There are even shortages as most of the stock has been taken by Hoteliers.

It would be nice if Pdf staff decides to send all Indian members above senior members catagory, 5 kgs of Onions.

Onion prices have sky rocketed. People have been buying shallots instead.. There are even shortages as most of the stock has been taken by Hoteliers.

It would be nice if Pdf staff decides to send all Indian members above senior members catagory, 5 kgs of Onions.

I would like 10 kgs. :lol:

Spiraling onion prices were once the reason for BJP election defeat around 2003--04.Will congress meet the same fate in elections in near future due to onion prices.

Spiraling onion prices were once the reason for BJP election defeat around 2003--04.Will congress meet the same fate in elections in near future due to onion prices.

:woot::woot:.. That was the reason.. maybe BJP guys hears you and change the symbol from lotus to onions. :partay:

Yes..........

We have done similar idiocies with wheat..
exporting for a meagre amount(to fill up the coffers of a few privileged)..and buying back tonnes for an exorbitant price.
This is the sign of corruption.. or just bad economic thinking.

Our feudal factory owners do the same every year and burden the locals.

bloody hoarders

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

:woot::woot:.. That was the reason.. maybe BJP guys hears you and change the symbol from lotus to onions. :partay:

:partay::partay: they have to change the colour too.

high inflation was much talked abt. in lok sabha elections 2009. but it didn't effect UPA at all. i think now common ppl. have risen above such things. otherwise there would have no UPA in centre.

not water, not territory..next war because of ONIONS !! :p atleast thats te picture in India currently.

Attention Indian members: This is a defence forum, not vegetable market.

I'm not buying any of your onions. I prefer roasted meat.

Attention Indian members: This is a defence forum, not vegetable market.

I'm not buying any of your onions. I prefer roasted meat.

Humans first started fighting each other over food....Food security is a very crucial aspect of any nation's self sufficiency and defence, if not the most important.

As for your roasted meat, I guess you don't know much about cooking and think that onions are some kinda vegetarian only food. Onions are considered to be a vital ingredient in preparing any type of meat, even when it is roasted. Most western recipes for roasted meat involved a basting sauce which is invariably contains lots of onion. Or else, actual onions will be roasted along with the meat to provide the flavor. I have seen that even Indian and Pakistani roasted meat dishes are always served with an onion garnish even if it is sometimes not used in the roasting process.

But then again, all this is only for people who eat normal tasty food. Maybe all you do is throw the meat on a fire and then gobble it up like a caveman.

Sorry for the cookery lesson.....couldn't help not standing up for the humble onion.

Last edited:
Is that supposed to be a prayer for more floods? :blink::blink:
PLease dont make a fool of youself, is THIS what your country does?

Point on others, makes others suffer and pray for the same so that they be on top?
LOL,

Better be unsuccessful, but we wont stomp on others to get to the top!

Do you think the rest of the world has nothing else to do but sit around and conspire how to take over Pakistan or pray for it to get more floods?

I was just commenting on how you thought that the West or KSA are so rich that they can actually plan for any natural disaster in advance. Things like this can happen in any country, no matter how rich or developed they are. Even we have had hurricanes, fires and floods.... I don't think mother nature bothered about our GDP before striking.

Oh...and we don't need to pray or stomp on much smaller countries to get to the top. In case you didn't notice, we are already on the top and we will be there at least for the near future.:azn:

One more point, we all are representing our country here, be better show positive points, please!

It's good to represent your own country but don't embarrass it with silly claims motivated by blind nationalism. Like you so rightfully said, "be better show positive points, please"!

Last edited:
lol, what kind of topic is that on defence forum??

onions??? hahaha

Back
Top Bottom