What's new

India buying back onions from Pakistan after exporting tonnes

rahul : Invite, Media. Today we have to show that anyone can purchase vegetables.
secretary : sir, media is busy in tamil nadu.
rahul : That is why asking you to organize vegetable market on national tv.
secretary : ok, sir. This would be ready by tomorrow 10 am.
rahul : good. One more thing, pay them 80% payment advance. This would prove that onion is cheap than thought.

lol the exported n now buying it back big time fail

Unlike wheat or Rice, Onion is a perishable item in short term. So you export when you have surplus and import when on shortage. You can store grains for 1-2 years but not onions. Kuch bhi.

28965_onions_cartoon.jpg

ye to 100 jooty or 100 piyaz khany wali baat ho gai na .hahahah

Aint that supposed to be funny!?
i mean, LOOK at it!
No proper planing, no future planning, buying back sold goods! :lol:

This would never had happened in KSA or any western country!

lol its true onion price in Pakistan were very high last month when i visited Pakistan ... it was around 65rs/KG ... we dnt grow onion in our lands but one of my friend said they grew onion on 35 acres only and it gave them 17.5 million Rs in 3 months from 35 acres :) but i think as everyone was growing onion in pak thats why there was a bumper output.

Just been to market couple of hours ago, rate is:

1) Tometoes 5 AED par kilo.
2) Onions 3.5 AED par kilo.
3) Potatoes 4 AED par kilo.
4) Lady finger (i love that) dont say a word guys 7 AED par kilo.
5) Gabbage 1 AED par piece.
6) Loki 3 AED par kilo.
7) Carrot 4 AED par kilo.
8) Cucumber 4 AED par kilo.

thats it i guess.

Long live UAE.

bhartis should learn business from pakistan. selling their own onions to them! :pakistan:

You do realize that when Indians buy back the onions that they sold and stop further exports, the people that will suffer most are going to be Pakistanis ?? The only reason why at least some people there can have proper tasting food is because India exported onions in large quantities after the floods ruined your harvests. The wholesalers will now sell back the onions to India for even a small margin and even try to sell the few onions produced in Pakistan for a better price than they can get locally. The local supply will stop, and most people in Pakistan will not be able to to afford the remaining onions; whose price would have skyrocketed by then. Who do you think will be laughing when this happens?? Since you seem interested in "learning business", here's something you should find interesting.......The laws of demand and supply dictate that the bigger economy is always the winner.

Aint that supposed to be funny!?
i mean, LOOK at it!
No proper planing, no future planning, buying back sold goods! :lol:

This would never had happened in KSA or any western country!

Of course, I am sure that the KSA would have magically predicted that untimely rains would ruin their onion harvest, and somehow stockpiled perishable onions for months to prevent any price hike.

Oh wait.......maybe you are actually right . It can never happen in the KSA....... After all, you live in a desert which doesn't have the skills to produce anything worthwhile except watch foreigners dig up your oil. And untimely rains can hardly affect the production of this prime export of yours.

However, since you are seem to be an expert on planning for unpredictable weather, why don't you help the Pakistanis plan and prepare in advance for their next floods. It will save the rest of the world a lot of trouble. :azn:

Last edited:
Is that supposed to be a prayer for more floods? :blink::blink:
PLease dont make a fool of youself, is THIS what your country does?

Point on others, makes others suffer and pray for the same so that they be on top?
LOL,

Better be unsuccessful, but we wont stomp on others to get to the top!

One more point, we all are representing our country here, be better show positive points, please!

:P :P
Onions free on purchase of tyre

JAMSHEDPUR: With spiralling onion prices bringing tears in most of the eyes in the country, a tyre seller here has offered to sell the vegetable free of cost, on the purchase of a tyre from his shop.

"We are offering five kg onion free on the purchase of a truck tyre and one kg on the purchase of a car tyre," Satnam Singh Gambhir, a tyre seller of Kalimati Road in Sakchi said.

Gambhir is also the president of All India Sikh Students' Federation of Bihar and Jharkhand.

Even earlier, he gave discounts on the purchase of tyres, to encourage people to cast votes during the last Assembly polls in Jharkhand.

Read more: Onions free on purchase of tyre - The Times of India Onions free on purchase of tyre - The Times of India

We have done similar idiocies with wheat..
exporting for a meagre amount(to fill up the coffers of a few privileged)..and buying back tonnes for an exorbitant price.
This is the sign of corruption.. or just bad economic thinking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom