What's new

India buying back onions from Pakistan after exporting tonnes

be civil its not bharat rakshak :lol: post reported

First of all I pay tax I have every right to slag off my elected leaders this is called free speech and secondly i have heard far worse comments on Mr Zardari on PDF from Pakistani members :agree:

First of all I pay tax I have every right to slag off my elected leaders this is called free speech and secondly i have heard far worse comments on Mr Zardari on PDF from Pakistani members :agree:

what we say to zardari is none ur business, be civil or ull be kicked out..

what we say to zardari is none ur business, be civil or ull be kicked out..

What is my business and not mine is none of your concern so yr empty threats mean xxxx all understand? :tup:

Lets called it.."the onion diplomacy"
People may be separated by land and identities but not by their needs..aah the bizarre human nature.

above all that she said UPA had better record than NDA in dealing with corruption :hitwall::angry:

Caught between a rock and a hard place

Graft In India; Rotten to the crore?

Coping with the aftermath of a massive
SONIA GANDHI, the head of the ruling Congress party, laments that India’s “moral universe” is shrinking, as newspapers fill with ever more galling cases of political corruption. Manmohan Singh, the prime minister, says he feels like a schoolboy facing a series of agonising tests as scandals break one after another. Ratan Tata, head of the Tata Group, hints that the scourge is hurting the economy; officials’ expectations of bribes, he said, put him off launching a domestic airline.

It is tempting to hope this “season of scams” will concentrate the minds of India’s leaders. This month Congress sacked two prominent officials over graft. Suresh Kalmadi, who oversaw the Commonwealth games in Delhi in October, was sent running on November 9th as evidence of dubious contracts emerged. On the same day the party also toppled Ashok Chavan, chief minister of Maharashtra state, over a housing scam. His relatives and associates had taken flats in a new tower block that was supposedly set aside for veterans and war widows.

The fallout from the dodgy sale of 2G mobile-telephone licences nearly three years ago will be much worse. On November 14th Mr Singh at last forced a coalition ally, Andimuthu Raja, to quit as telecoms minister. Mr Raja had refused to auction the licences, preferring to dish them out in an underhand and chaotic way, awarding 120 in a single day. Favoured companies bought permits for a song. In the process, the state may have forfeited revenues worth a staggering 176,000 “crore” rupees (a crore is 10m: almost $40 billion in all), to judge by their resale value and by the sums raised by the auction of 3G airwaves.

Even Mr Singh, who is generally seen as a saintly technocrat floating above the fray, has been dragged down into the muck. Most unusually, the Supreme Court chided him last week. His sin was to act too slowly against his coalition partner. Congress, lacking a majority, relies on Mr Raja’s party, the DMK, for parliamentary support.

The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) scents blood. It has blocked parliament to force a public inquiry into the 2G affair. More than 20 years ago a similar investigation seemed to show that a Congress government was bribed by Bofors, a Swedish artillery supplier. They lost the next general election.

But Congress retorts that the BJP’s record is no cleaner. It has been trying to show its resolve against corruption by pushing for the resignation of one of its own, B.S. Yeddyurappa, the chief minister of Karnataka state. He stands accused of giving away public land and taking money from a mining firm. Yet on November 24th he defied the BJP’s national leaders and stayed on, casting doubt on the BJP’s credibility in any fight against corruption.

The ex-boss of an anti-graft commission, Pratyush Sinha, threw his hands up in despair in September, saying his job was thankless and lamenting that increasingly materialistic Indians were becoming “utterly corrupt”. His complaints were writ large this month in a report by an American think-tank, Global Financial Integrity, which suggested that since 1948 India had lost over $460 billion in illicit financial flows, much of it through corruption.

The report concluded that the problem would worsen as the economy grows and incomes become more unequal. The moral universe may be getting smaller but, despite the shifting of a few high-profile figures, it seems that India is ready to do little more than shrug

Graft in India: Rotten to the crore? | The Economist

Where is the promises made to the aam aadmi b4 UPA won the election??

I encourage such movement of tradeable items ... trade should be free between the two neighbours this helps the consumers (i-e common man) on both sides of the iron curtain . I do cooking so i know how Indian onions have helped keep the prices here from sky rocketing . ... for once thanks India.

Rs 75 a kg in some wholesale markets.

75 indian rupees :woot:

oye mujhe behosh nai karna - keh do ke yeh sab jhoot hai :angry:

Pakistani aise hi rotay rahte hain dekho India main bhi kitni inflation hai :frown:

75 indian rupees :woot:

oye mujhe behosh nai karna - keh do ke yeh sab jhoot hai :angry:

Pakistani aise hi rotay rahte hain dekho India main bhi kitni inflation hai :frown:

Precisely. We live in a vacuum as the planet's biggest self-critics. By the way, what you say applies not just to food, but also to petrol prices, taxes and pretty much everything else under the sun.

Import by India pushes onion rates up in Pak

Rising import of onion by India has flared up prices of the commodity in Pakistan by 25-30 per cent, which would jack up the cost of new import orders from India, traders said on Tuesday.

“Because of increased import by India, the rates of onion in the domestic markets of Pakistan have also shot up in the range of 25-30 per cent ... and these new rates will have bearing on new import orders,” Amritsar-based vegetable trader Rajdeep Uppal told PTI.

Vegetable traders imported onion at USD 400 a tonne (around Rs 18,000 a tonne) from Sindh provision in Pakistan. .

“The size of crop in Pakistan is also not very huge… therefore rising demand from India has pushed up the rates, which will result in higher payment for imported onion,” he said.

:(

If it brings the price down for the common man on the street in india-pakistan then great but if it being sold at the a higher price then its only filling the coffers of the rich merchants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom