What's new

India brides leave husbands' homes for lack of toilets

Many people can afford to build toilets but chose not to as they consider it a waste of money...Whats really needed is a change in attitude.

That is one way of looking at it.... the other way can be, Good that we have woken up now and taken this as a serious issue...

Well the highest corruption happens in lowest level of democracy...... Which is panchayat, municipality and corporation..... It is the responsibility of these branches to improve such basic requirement of society.

You can't have people who have never traveled out of India and possibly never traveled out of their state manage local government. They will see nothing wrong in all the malfunctions of local government since the system has worked that way for years and the people themselves are too ignorant to complain. People representing local government need to be educated and given exposure to first world standards. These panchayats should be abolished since they are nothing more than a tribal and outdated system.

You can't have people who have never traveled out of India and possibly never traveled out of their state manage local government. They will see nothing wrong in all the malfunctions of local government since the system has worked that way for years and the people themselves are too ignorant to complain. People representing local government need to be educated and given exposure to first world standards. These panchayats should be abolished since they are nothing more than a tribal and outdated system.

I beg to disagree with you here.....For lack of toilet and its importance no need to go outside country or outside their state..... Providing toilet is a basic need and these representatives need to look at their own house and the house of those people they represent.....

Actually its not really a failure but a result of rapid growth of population coupled with large scale migration of people from the villages to the cities in search of work. Governments don't have unlimited resources at their disposal, and no government can really cope up with the speed with which make-shift settlements grow. Even with the rapidly growing economy, and with the proposed plans in hand, it will be an arduous task to provide every settlements with adequate fresh water and sewage facilities. One possible solution would be to stop the large cities from further growth, and establish smaller towns/cities so that the management of utilities could be streamlined.
Your post would have made sense had the city/sabha panchayat administration been effective in areas of low population. Even there they are not effective.

The conclusion is that these bodies do not perform at all. They also have the highest corruption which encourages illegal activities and zero civic work to increase the money gathering avenues.

I beg to disagree with you here.....For lack of toilet and its importance no need to go outside country or outside their state..... Providing toilet is a basic need and these representatives need to look at their own house and the house of those people they represent.....

Well if people in the rural areas did not use toilets since time immemorial, how would their representatives who lived in those areas and never traveled out know that times have changed ?

However his point was that since in many areas people dont consider toilet as a basic need, you need the local government to make them change. And when the local govt is made up of people just as unaware, the problem is not solved, as it is not considered a problem in the first place.

Well if people in the rural areas did not use toilets since time immemorial, how would their representatives who lived in those areas and never traveled out know that times have changed ?

Now we are talking 2 different things.... I am talking about the facility or availability of toilets, and you are talking about usage of it.... Once you provide it then think of using it..... You believe even after providing the toilet, they wont use it??? I doubt....

Well Look at India as a country or any state for that matter.... I am sure these elected representatives do travel inside their own state if not at least inside their district, That is more than enough for them to know the change of time.....

well they just assumed, you don't go into a race track and wonder if they have cars.

Well like they say in the West, when you "assume" you make an "@ss" out of "u" and "me".

Quite apt in this case though.

I am aware that trolls will get attracted here like flies to sweets but I see this as a very positive development.

Neelam Sharma, Sakina, Seeta, Nazrum Nisa and Kalavati are the others who have left their marital homes for the same reason.

Ashima Parveen, who lives in Khesiya village, said all six women had wed in the past year or 18 months.

No they wont - In fact they did not...
Thanks to highlighted names in the red...

Well like they say in the West, when you "assume" you make an "@ss" out of "u" and "me".

Quite apt in this case though.
well, everyone in the West can afford a toilet, lol. But seriously, they can't build one themselves, what kind of women power movement is this.

well, everyone in the West can afford a toilet, lol. But seriously, they can't build one themselves, what kind of women power movement is this.

So you think if West can afford to have one, every other country can?????

Back
Top Bottom