What's new

India brides leave husbands' homes for lack of toilets

perhaps the problem is beyond my earlier belief

Anyway my friend was very much right as he cancelled his trip to india because of the extreme level toilet crisis in india

Anyway my friend was very much right as he cancelled his trip to india because of the extreme level toilet crisis in india

Good for him and is he by any chance a Toilet inspector.

Thats ridiculously funny. When I look at India, I see a massive population, godspeed growth rate, an advancing economy. But at the other side, there's a high poorness rate and the life standards and HDI is very low, nearly the same with 3rd World Countries. Dont consider this offensive, but India damn has the capability to counter it. Question is why they dont.

@third eye you are right. You shouldn't hav opened that

Your troll attempt has been acknowledged once again....... We as a nation is grateful to you and your friend for not having landed in India..... Do convey our thanks in person, and if possible with a laddu packet this time

Now we are talking 2 different things.... I am talking about the facility or availability of toilets, and you are talking about usage of it.... Once you provide it then think of using it..... You believe even after providing the toilet, they wont use it??? I doubt....
Yes. A UN report has highlighted the same. That the toilets are present but many villagers still think it is more hygienic to go out in the open than to use the toilet.

Your troll attempt has been acknowledged once again....... We as a nation is grateful to you and your friend for not having landed in India..... Do convey our thanks in person, and if possible with a laddu packet this time
Stop quoting him. He thrives on people quoting him and answering him.

Thats ridiculously funny. When I look at India, I see a massive population, godspeed growth rate, an advancing economy. But at the other side, there's a high poorness rate and the life standards and HDI is very low, nearly the same with 3rd World Countries. Dont consider this offensive, but India damn has the capability to counter it. Question is why they dont.

Many reasons to your query. Subjugating people sometimes works in the interests of the politicians. But mostly a lack of inertia to change things drastically by the previous governments. Corruption is a double edged sword in that even if you start a major project without taking any kickbacks yourself, and if somebody down the ladder takes a huge kickback, you as the architect of the project gets mulcted in the scam which takes years to investigate and blackens your name and career. Hence the majority vote for the BJP and Modi in the last elections. Frankly, Indians are getting sick of this endless cycle of minimum infrastructure development which retards their every way of life

There is a popular saying - India lives simultaneously across 3 centuries - 19th, 20th and 21st.
There are parts of India in the 21st century, majority in the 20th century and parts in the 19th century.

We dont have the capability to change everything at once mate. All of it takes time. It took China 3 decades of sustained double digit growth to bring its population out of dire poverty and to a decent level.

We have had a 1.5 decade of off and on growth rate(less than China). So expect us to take another 2-3 decades before to achieve the same.

He should have. The current PM is wildly popular in India. Because he said it now the focus of the entire country will be on this. And only then will things change.

Last edited:

What you do not see is the following :

1. The only nation in the region where democracy has stayed, the voice of the people is heard every 5 years , unfortunately what India suffered for the last 2 decades is the lower end of democracy - coalition politics.

2. Thankfully this era has come to an end with the NDA in power & so shall it stay for a decade at least .

3. The last elections has shown that Coups are not necessary, the people remove bad leaders too - the legitimate way.

India has begun to turn & turn for the better.

To answer your question, the 1st step to solving a problem is to accept that it exists. The PM has said so from the Red Fort on 15th Aug and believe me things will change.

Many people can afford to build toilets but chose not to as they consider it a waste of money...Whats really needed is a change in attitude.
True.there has to be a change in the peoples mentality as well ,because the government it not only the one completely responsible for this,people are to be blamed aswell.
I will give you an example of my village ,during panchayat election the head of the village has awarded money to all those who didn't have a toilet at home, but those idiots ,instead of building a toilet decided to build an extra bedroom (even if it wasn't required),that was as stupid as it could get,and if today a news reporter happens to visit their house they would blame the head of the village and the govt. for not having a toilet. :mad:

True.there has to be a change in the peoples mentality as well ,because the government it not only the one completely responsible for this,people are to be blamed aswell.
I will give you an example of my village ,during panchayat election the head of the village has awarded money to all those who didn't have a toilet at home, but those idiots ,instead of building a toilet decided to build an extra bedroom (even if it wasn't required),that was as stupid as it could get,and if today a news reporter happens to visit their house they would blame the head of the village and the govt. for not having a toilet. :mad:

Instead of giving money beforehand he should have handed over in a phased manner as the toilet is being constructed.

Instead of giving money beforehand he should have handed over in a phased manner as the toilet is being constructed.
Yes,that is what i thought when i heard about it for the first time,they could hv awarded a contract to local private devloper ,to build all those toilets ,but as i said,public servants are equally responsible for this mess,they took the easier way of distrubuting the money and winning few votes ,anyhow that idiot lost.

Many reasons to your query. Subjugating people sometimes works in the interests of the politicians. But mostly a lack of inertia to change things drastically by the previous governments. Corruption is a double edged sword in that even if you start a major project without taking any kickbacks yourself, and if somebody down the ladder takes a huge kickback, you as the architect of the project gets mulcted in the scam which takes years to investigate and blackens your name and career. Hence the majority vote for the BJP and Modi in the last elections. Frankly, Indians are getting sick of this endless cycle of minimum infrastructure development which retards their every way of life

So you believe it's about corruption and bad leadership?

There is a popular saying - India lives simultaneously across 3 centuries - 19th, 20th and 21st.
There are parts of India in the 21st century, majority in the 20th century and parts in the 19th century.

We dont have the capability to change everything at once mate. All of it takes time. It took China 3 decades of sustained double digit growth to bring its population out of dire poverty and to a decent level.

We have had a 1.5 decade of off and on growth rate(less than China). So expect us to take another 2-3 decades before to achieve the same.

He should have. The current PM is wildly popular in India. Because he said it now the focus of the entire country will be on this. And only then will things change.

Very well summarized. I personally believe that all these major problems at society are caused by crowded and large population and lack of proper education.

What you do not see is the following :

1. The only nation in the region where democracy has stayed, the voice of the people is heard every 5 years , unfortunately what India suffered for the last 2 decades is the lower end of democracy - coalition politics.

2. Thankfully this era has come to an end with the NDA in power & so shall it stay for a decade at least .

3. The last elections has shown that Coups are not necessary, the people remove bad leaders too - the legitimate way.

India has begun to turn & turn for the better.

To answer your question, the 1st step to solving a problem is to accept that it exists. The PM has said so from the Red Fort on 15th Aug and believe me things will change.

So you think that all those problems are due to political gains i believe?

I personally believe that all these major problems at society are caused by crowded and large population and lack of proper education.

Also the attitude of poeple..... The popular word is "Chaltha hein" ......

So you think that all those problems are due to political gains i believe?

Well, if not all , at least 80 % yes.

Thanks to coalition politics , every man who had money created small regional parties .They were seen as an investment and the ROI was that if they got even 5 seats the largest party who could not make it to a majority would come to them seeking help to form a coalition.

Thats when the ' investments' would pay - by asking for plum ministries where money could be made.The Telecom scam is an example.

Back
Top Bottom