What's new

India begins work on 2nd nuclear submarine

This is the point i was making...everyone is confused with what we are doing now @ nuclear subs.

Little mistake sir,in 2008 MoD gave IN goahead to plan and design for the follow on bigger SSBNs with capability to carry 12-16 long range ballistic missiles.

Yes , tentatively the plan is to have the sea leg of the triad be composed of five SSBN's. Three for deterrence against China (two on patrol, one on reserve) and two for use against Pakistan (one on patrol and one on reserve).
But the initial 3 will be broadly based on Arihant, the later ones better and improved class.

Yes , tentatively the plan is to have the sea leg of the triad be composed of five SSBN's. Three for deterrence against China (two on patrol, one on reserve) and two for use against Pakistan (one on patrol and one on reserve).
But the initial 3 will be broadly based on Arihant, the later ones better and improved class.

Does this count include the Nerpa Akulas?

Does this count include the Nerpa Akulas?

NO.
The initial 30 year plan of IN envisaged a total of 6 SSN. But again details of these remains shrouded.
A definite plan of 2 leased SSN (Akula)+ 4 homegrown SSN seems to be in the back burner.

success.jpg

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

:D:D:D

Should make them SSGNs. Like the converted Ohio class boats. Imagine 172 Tomahawks equipped with special weapons.;)

My comment was from what was written from the article in the initial post.

It just states that The reactor was FABRICATED with Russian assistance... Reactor is made in BARC nevertheless... Without Russian Assistance mostly all the Indian development plans are in complete, they are the foundation of our Success...

It just states that The reactor was FABRICATED with Russian assistance... Reactor is made in BARC nevertheless... Without Russian Assistance mostly all the Indian development plans are in complete, they are the foundation of our Success...

OK, I should have been more careful. Even better for India then.

Who else will help us with these types of tech...only Russia.

Back
Top Bottom