What's new

India becomes third biggest US arms purchaser

American arms sales to India include Naval Reconnaissance planes, giant transporters, sea-skimming missiles and other weapon systems.

which one ? :what:

I guess Harpoon.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

The US thanks India for not supporting the American economy.

Jai Hind :usflag:

and China too...

Forget about TOT. There no point of TOT as India is importing, not joint development. India is not buying enough to request TOT.

imports mean a certain % gets put back in the Indian defence industry thats the rules of tender process

The US thanks India for supporting the American economy.

Jai Hind :usflag:
I thank you for such a fair and unbiased comment:rofl:
b8v29h.jpg

For Chinese members, I always try to point your hypocrisy. Below are the cost of total arms imported each year in dollars
China is one of the top importers in world for last 40 years except last 3 yrs (even in 2006 it was top).

For indian members, post as many times the following link Arms industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Country 2000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
India 911 1242 1872 2802 2227 1036 1257 2179 1810 2116 3337
People's Republic of China 2015 3366 2819 2207 3080 3511 3831 1474 1481 595 559

By total the biggest arms importer of the decade is CHINA. $24940 while India is $20789 million dollars

The US and Russia thank CHINA for supporting their economies for last 40 yrs.

By total the biggest arms importer of the decade is CHINA. $24940 while India is $20789 million dollars

The US and Russia thank CHINA for supporting their economies for last 40 yrs.

The US has a complete ban on the sale of weapons to China for over 20 years. Nice try for a 2nd grader.

The US has a complete ban on the sale of weapons to China for over 20 years. Nice try for a 2nd grader.

OK First grader, USSR will thank you for supporting russian economy. Big deal

Important point is many chinese members here comment on India being top importer in world.
In reality, it is China which is top importer of decade, India just for last 3 yrs.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

OK First grader, USSR will thank you for supporting russian economy. Big deal

Important point is many chinese members here comment on India being top importer in world.
In reality, it is China which is top importer of decade, India just for last 3 yrs.

Atleast we are not hesitating to compromise on weapons and their quality , unlike copying .
We are compromising the countries future buddy............

By copying or not....to secure the countries future......everything has to be considered.

AND WHO said copying leads to low quality??
If you are indicating towards China......then let me tell you......China is one of the world's leading arms exporter.
AND if their "copied" stuffs didn't work, then people wouldn't buy them.
Their space program,nuclear program etc are well ahead of India.
No one knew, they had the tech. to shoot down a satellites by a missile until they actually did it.
They have already sent their man in space and with their indigenously(copied?--does it matter?) built stuff.
They probably have almost 30 times more nuclear warheads than India.

All these things cannot be achieved with "copied", low tech stuff......buddy

.........For indian members, post as many times the following link Arms industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Country 2000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
India 911 1242 1872 2802 2227 1036 1257 2179 1810 2116 3337
People's Republic of China 2015 3366 2819 2207 3080 3511 3831 1474 1481 595 559
What is your point man..........from the data you have provided......it clearly proves that.....as China is developing, their import defense expenditure is decreasing dramatically i.e their own indegenous defence industry is developing rapidly....which is a true sign of development.

BUT in case of India.....as India is "developing", our import defence expenditure is increasing dramatically...which shows the horrid condition of our oun indegenous defence industry.....this is actually a false sign of development.

You guys can't even analyze.

What is your point man..........from the data you have provided......it clearly proves that.....as China is developing, their import defense expenditure is decreasing dramatically i.e their own indegenous defence industry is developing rapidly....which is a true sign of development.

BUT in case of India.....as India is "developing", our import defence expenditure is increasing dramatically...which shows the horrid condition of our oun indegenous defence industry.....this is actually a false sign of development.

You guys can't even analyze.

Bro there is also another point of view which I'm putting it across science you are supporting the copying so much that almost all countries have stopped exporting munitions and gadgets to China for the very same reason and hence their decrease in imports and what are you trying to say here is India should follow the china way I totally disagree.

Bro there is also another point of view which I'm putting it across science you are supporting the copying so much that almost all countries have stopped exporting munitions and gadgets to China for the very same reason and hence their decrease in imports and what are you trying to say here is India should follow the china way I totally disagree.

First of all, I never said that India should follow the Chinese way......

BUT, an aspiring super power cannot afford to depend on others, it has to become self sufficient at any cost.....this is the way China is going.

BUT this doesn't mean that India should follow the Chinese way......

India should follow its own way of becoming self sufficient......

AND by automatically concluding that, to become self sufficient, India has to copy/reverse engineer every tech....you are grossly undermining the talents of Indians.

We don't need to import.....we can develop them indigenously....may be we can do them better with our own R&D.

There is no reason to believe that the West can only/always do the good stuff

Ever heard of the term "import dependency"......it's a kind of addiction.....It can lead us to grave danger in future.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom