What's new

India becomes third biggest US arms purchaser

Importing ready made high tech stuff can give a temporary sense of superiority and security......

BUT in the long run the country suffers immensely

look at Saudi Arabia.....one of the world's richest countries....and dependent on America from top to bottom.
You wanna be like them.??

I think majority of the defense budget should be used for indigenous research and developments and a fraction of it should be used for arms purchase......just to keep abreast of the newest technologies.

AND if a particular weapon is not allowed for licence production..then it's of no use buying it.

and soon America will dump them- no spare part- no repairs-
decades later it will make India totally dependent on America-

Same game is being played by America every where-

If Pakistan wouldn't stab us in the back and play both sides of the fence they would get there spare parts. So don't complain when your cut off for doing the deeds that you do.....

Definitely set to be number 1 in the future. Future deals such as; follow on order of C-17s/P-8Is, IN MRH (MH-60/S-70), Apache Blk III, CH-47F, Javelin etc will ensure this (the above pot alone is worth almost $12 BN by my crude calculations). And these are just the big ticket items, many more deals worth Billions will also follow such as small arms and other equipment that doesn't grab many headlines.

Also future procurements of other US kit such as FireScout, MQ-4, (+possibly Stryker, not sure about this one) V-22 etc are all very strong possibilities for Indian armed forces in the near future.

Now dos this make India a US "puppet", of course not- India is not some weak willed push over like others and has a strong and distinguished history of non-alignment and is an emerging global powe in her own right. What it does mean is the Indian armed forces are going to get some of the finest weapons on earth and will, complimented by US acquisitions, have a kick *** arsenal in the future.

and soon amrika will dump them- no spare part- no repairs-
decades later it will make india totally dependent on amrika-

Same game is being played by amrika every where-

when they dont need them, they'll dump them like a candy wrapper

but right now, they need 'em :)

i'm not jaded. I'm actually happy that this country and it's people are waking up from their sleep.

this is the healthiest time since 1947 liberation.

i'm not jaded. I'm actually happy that this country and it's people are waking up from their sleep.

this is the healthiest time since 1947 liberation.
Outstanding news. While I have no hate for your country or people. I do think that both of our goverments haven't acted in the best interests of the people.

Those Harp II sea skimming missiles was for the Jaguars for the IAF, next year we most probs go for the Apache block III.

when they dont need them, they'll dump them like a candy wrapper

but right now, they need 'em :)

We'll be on the same side as long as China exists. I just hope we can figure out an amicable ToT agreement sometime in the near future.

I don't understand, what is there to be proud of regarding the tag "largest arms importer":undecided:

It would have been understandable if India had been the "largest arms exporter"

Atleast we are not hesitating to compromise on weapons and their quality , unlike copying .

We'll be on the same side as long as China exists. I just hope we can figure out an amicable ToT agreement sometime in the near future.

Forget about TOT. There no point of TOT as India is importing, not joint development. India is not buying enough to request TOT.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom