What's new

India bans the Controversial book

Again The Book is NOT banned.

And regardless of what some Pakistanis might think. Gandhi is still one of the most respected icons today including in the Arab world.

You have seen his name being mentioned in the Arab Spring Protests. And his imaged and actions are visible in Palestine.

gandhi%2B-%2Bahmad.jpg

tumblr_l8juyoTzDg1qaexg6o1_500.jpg

And regardless of what some Pakistanis might think. Gandhi is still one of the most respected icons today including in the Arab world.

You have seen his name being mentioned in the Arab Spring Protests. And his imaged and actions are visible in Palestine.

gandhi+-+ahmad.jpg

where is this?

“Suffering is nothing by itself. But suffering shared with the passion of Christ is a wonderful gift, the most beautiful gift, a token of love.”

(Mother Teresa).

gandhi+-+ahmad.jpg

That looks more like Groucho Marx.

India prior to 1947 and Palestine today are two different situations. Even if the Arabs worshipped Gandhi, which they don't, it doesnt change the fact he had some sick ideas and was a pain in the a$$ for everyone, including the anti-colonialists.

That looks more like Groucho Marx.

India prior to 1947 and Palestine today are two different situations. Even if the Arabs worshipped Gandhi, which they don't, it doesnt change the fact he had some sick ideas and was a pain in the a$$ for everyone, including the anti-colonialists.

groucho-marx.jpg

More like Groucho Marx, really ? Your delusion knows no bounds.

so much for democracy and freedom of speech!!

you know what's interesting? I was in Lahore @ the Oxford University Press bookstore and saw a book by I believe some indian author...the book basically shat on everything Pakistani; borderline calling it a "mistake" creation. I cant remember the title of the book, but mind you -- this is in Lahore where people are pretty fiercely patriotic. I wanted to ask the cashier guy why they carry this book, he just smiled and shrugged.

I wonder if a pro-partition seemingly anti-india book would be allowed to be sold in hindustan?? If a book like the one in question about ghandi would be banned, then who knows what other things are suppressed and banned in the worlds largest "democracy"

The Gandhi graffiti is on the security wall in West Bank . The kid is a Palestinian in the first picture.

There is a long history of non-violent resistance by Palestinians which does not get much coverage. EG: In 1985, Mubarak Awad, a Palestinian-American psychologist from Jerusalem established a center for nonviolent resistance on the teachings of Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. He was deported by Israel in 1988 .

@Abu Zulfiqar and roadrunner

Again the book is NOT banned. Its available in India. So is the book about Jinnah written by BJP MP Jaswant Singh that is seemingly "anti-Nehru" and "pro-Jinnah" as well. In your hate, you seem to keep ignoring facts.

And no one worships Gandhi, hell even Hindus in India don't worship him. He never claimed to be a Godman.

so much for democracy and freedom of speech!!

you know what's interesting? I was in Lahore @ the Oxford University Press bookstore and saw a book by I believe some indian author...the book basically shat on everything Pakistani; borderline calling it a "mistake" creation. I cant remember the title of the book, but mind you -- this is in Lahore where people are pretty fiercely patriotic. I wanted to ask the cashier guy why they carry this book, he just smiled and shrugged.

I wonder if a pro-partition seemingly anti-india book would be allowed to be sold in hindustan?? If a book like the one in question about ghandi would be banned, then who knows what other things are suppressed and banned in the worlds largest "democracy"

we banned satanic verses too

@Abu Zulfiqar and roadrunner

Again the book is NOT banned. Its available in India. So is the book about Jinnah written by BJP MP Jaswant Singh that is seemingly "anti-Nehru" and "pro-Jinnah" as well. In your hate, you seem to keep ignoring facts.

And no one worships Gandhi, hell even Hindus in India don't worship him. He never claimed to be a Godman.

was the book still anti-Partition?

so then????

Jinnah was a role model for the whole world, and a leader. A peaceful man. I guess Singh is just acknowledging that fact at least, as should anybody else who knows Jinnah sahib and his work.

and okay if the book is not banned --then okay good for you. I'm just basing on what the headline said. Perhaps its only banned in some states, i dont know.

Jinnah a role model? :woot: care to explain further?

Mahtma Gandhi is respected world over; he has been an inspiration for Martin Luthat King, Nelson Mandela, Obama.. & he will remain an inspiration in future world leaders too.

Personally I do not agree to many of his principles but comparing Gandhi to Jinnah is a joke...

want the book still anti-Partition?

so then????

Jinnah was a role model for the whole world, and a leader. A peaceful man. I guess Singh is just acknowledging that fact at least, as should anybody else who knows Jinnah sahib and his work.

and okay if the book is not banned --then okay good for you. I'm just basing on what the headline said. Perhaps its only banned in some states, i dont know.

Jinnah a role model? :woot: care to explain further?

Mahtma Gandhi is respected world over; he has been an inspiration for Martin Luthat King, Nelson Mandela, Obama.. & he will remain an inspiration in future world leaders too.

Personally I do not agree to many of his principles but comparing Gandhi to Jinnah is a joke...

where on earth did i compare the two? Obviously you being bharti, will be biased. Obviously me being Pakistani, will be biased. I didnt compare the two, however

and in fact yes Jinnah sahib was indeed a role model for the whole world, and his principles and thinking are very much applicable today as they were yester-year. He believed in a progressive, modern and peaceful country that is democratic and where freedom of religion (rather than discrimination and caste) take place. He was a true nationalist and a hero for all Pakistani peoples today, yesterday and tomorrow.

have we failed to implement some of these things? Oh of course. But Pakistan is still a young country and in fact -- Pakistan is an unfinished revolution. That is at least one thing (if the only thing perhaps) i agree with Zaid Hamid about.

anybody who learns about Jinnah doesnt matter who he/she is --they are enamoured by his charisma, tenacity and principles.

so it makes sense that even a hindustani --who served, comically/ironically enough, in a hindu extremist political party -- even he admired our Quaid-e-Azam.....doing so cost him his career!! :meeting:

Back
Top Bottom