What's new

India bans import of Laptops, Tablets and Personal Computers with immediate effect

u have poor understanding of what goes into designing laptops

if it was so easy it would’ve been done
india has a plethora of laptop manifacturers. This is RIGHT decision, which will improve local productions. It is a shame that we allowed these imports till now. Poeple in india are used to locally assembled PCs since 1990's , as i school kid, i had one in those days!

Its well known that we are weak in manufacturing, especially in the electronics. But this outright ban of Laptops is a bad move, will greately impact the entreprenuers, who are in data mining, mini servers etc. Should have done in a staggered manner. I guess they are trying to set up assembly plants and eventually move up the value chain. But the decision seems to sudden, with the incoming of "License Raj" feared by many with its recent decisions.

Its being done to curb chinese imports and stopping companies from going to vietnam since vietnam is being used as a re-export assembly hub by MNCs due to it being right next to their supply chains in china since domestic demand isn't that high there.

So I see this as a sane decision, hope so most likely this will now happen here now.

good move. it will push good companies to build in India and not have to compete with cheap chinese imports.
most importantly we will get better quality and not have to settle for the chinese junk.

While in Bengalure last year I went looking for a non- chinese machine such as Korean made and the two big outlets I checked stocked only the chinese made ones. That has to change

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom