What's new

India bags US$ 40 million defence deal to supply 4 radar systems to Armenia

I don't really believe you since I have a lot of experience in the industry.
TEMA - Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association
It's a Association, not a manufacturer. You have to source from established companies.
What make were the pumps ?

Check TEMA India Ltd in Mumbai. It is an ASME VIII certified body, but I sent some engineers there and they said it was like a countryside workshop in Vietnam. Worshop looks dirty and chaotic.

I don't see India can reach China quality in next 1000 years. You have to change your culture. It is not a matter of applying some useless ISO certificate or TQM.

India definitely has got potential in the defence sector no doubt.

It spends 60 billion US dollars a year on arms and has an economy that is expected to grow 6-7% a year over the medium-long term and so this amount will get exponentially large.

India's best plan is to export medium tech products like radars and short-range SAM systems like QRSAM.

Just keep building products that are suitable for Indian military and sell as and when the opportunity arises abroad.
Well, a huge portion of that goes in payments for earlier purchases and pensions and salary for the mammoth military and civilian personnel it has. New capex has very little scope. We need to trim our force to make it mordern and use our budget efficiently.

poor poor armenians...they'll end up shooting down their own helicopters now! :(

Check TEMA India Ltd in Mumbai.
I don't have to. I have spent a lot of time in the industry. Tema is a unknown in Indian industry.
Indian brands are kirloskar, ksb-India, crompton greaves. I forget name of another pump manufacturer.
For vertical pumps Grundfos india is the best but the Mercedes of pumps, expensive. Excellent zero energy factory. They recycle everything.

I don't have to. I have spent a lot of time in the industry. Tema is a unknown in Indian industry.
Indian brands are kirloskar, ksb-India, crompton greaves. I forget name of another pump manufacturer.
For vertical pumps Grundfos india is the best but the Mercedes of pumps, expensive. Excellent zero energy factory. They recycle everything.

I've checked its website and it says it is "Among the largest Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger manufacturers in the world".

https://www.temaindia.com/

Do not remember the pump brand, but it was American one, just made in India.

I've checked its website and it says it is "Among the largest Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger manufacturers in the world".

https://www.temaindia.com/

Do not remember the pump brand, but it was American one, just made in India.
We prefer alfa lavel India . But depends on the application. I dont know your industry or application.
Here is a link.
"Some of the major players in the market include Alfa Laval, Danfoss, Heatex Industries Limited, HRS Process Systems Ltd., Kelvion Holding GmbH, KGC Engineering Projects Pvt. Ltd., REX Heat Exchanger (REX), Radiant Heat Exchanger Pvt. Ltd., Tranter, and Universal Heat Exchangers Limited.
Other players in the value chain of the heat exchangers market include BGR Energy Systems Limited, Flowtex Engineers, Abacus Heat Transfer Limited, JC Equipments Pvt. Ltd., KGC Engineering Projects Private Ltd, Kinam Engineering Industries, Comp Air Treatment System P. LTD., Modern Heat Exchangers, and others "
No tema. Might be a Chinese rebrander.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alliedmarketresearch.com/india-heat-exchangers-market/amp

We prefer alfa lavel India . But depends on the application. I dont know your industry or application.
Here is a link.
"Some of the major players in the market include Alfa Laval, Danfoss, Heatex Industries Limited, HRS Process Systems Ltd., Kelvion Holding GmbH, KGC Engineering Projects Pvt. Ltd., REX Heat Exchanger (REX), Radiant Heat Exchanger Pvt. Ltd., Tranter, and Universal Heat Exchangers Limited.
Other players in the value chain of the heat exchangers market include BGR Energy Systems Limited, Flowtex Engineers, Abacus Heat Transfer Limited, JC Equipments Pvt. Ltd., KGC Engineering Projects Private Ltd, Kinam Engineering Industries, Comp Air Treatment System P. LTD., Modern Heat Exchangers, and others "
No tema. Might be a Chinese rebrander.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alliedmarketresearch.com/india-heat-exchangers-market/amp

Alfa Laval is same poor quality.

And you immediately say Tema may be a Chinese rebrander without checking, which show your very poor ethic.

Su 35 was bought to copy it. China has copied many Russian planes. Example : J 15 is one of them. J 10 kill Su 35 is the joke of 21st century. Had this been truth, many countries across the world would have bought J 10. It is a poorly designed aerodynamic disaster and wastage of Russian engine. Many J 10s have fallen while fling. 9 fell down in just 2 years.

If they are so impressive, BD should select J 10 instead of Russian planes.

Comeon dude.

You are ruining what is a good achievement from India by putting China down.

J-10C only became available last year with Chinese WS-10B engine and it will take some time before countries are convinced of the reliability of Chinese engines before they buy it.

Now let us get back to India as beating Russia and Poland is quite good from India. This shows that your radar tech is quite good and maybe India can see if it can market it's homebuilt AWACs to 3rd world countries.

Swathi radar won because it showed far better ECCM capabilities than Russian or Polish competitors during trials.

Are those same radar that IA complains could locate PA retaliatory fire that blew your ammo dumps....?

i guess useful to Armenia... whose only enemy would be mountain goats...lol

seriously india should market LCA to people who don't have airforces... like Nepal...

I was not talking about consumer items but industrial equipment. China beats us in price and delivery. But Chinese equipment can be pretty dicey if not inspected properly. Indian suppliers stand behind their products. Ofcourse you have to source from established Indian suppliers.

non sense.

Chinese manufacturing is why ahead of india's. It supplies to the entire planet.

Indian manufacturing is behind Brazil.

Well, a huge portion of that goes in payments for earlier purchases and pensions and salary for the mammoth military and civilian personnel it has. New capex has very little scope. We need to trim our force to make it mordern and use our budget efficiently.

True but as the defence budget grows in line with GDP, then salaries and operational costs would account for less proportion of it.

Also as India starts producing more of it's own weapons which would be cheaper than costlier imports, then the defence budget could support home grown industry more.

I think the problem with Indian defence industry is that it tried to do too much and should just have focused on fewer products that were realistic.

True but as the defence budget grows in line with GDP, then salaries and operational costs would account for less proportion of it.

Also as India starts producing more of it's own weapons which would be cheaper than costlier imports, then the defence budget could support home grown industry more.

I think the problem with Indian defence industry is that it tried to do too much and should just have focused on fewer products that were realistic.
Well, we never groomed our small and medium scale defence industries. But we have had huge success in some of the critical areas like nuclear, missile, radar, ship building. It baffles me that we are able to make nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers and supersonic missiles but we cant make a good rifle, tank or armored carrier.
Its the disjointedness of the PSU's and lack of vision.

Are those same radar that IA complains could locate PA retaliatory fire that blew your ammo dumps.
It is because of this radar Pakistan has not managed to strike a single ammo dump in 20 yrs.

Well, we never groomed our small and medium scale defence industries. But we have had huge success in some of the critical areas like nuclear, missile, radar, ship building. It baffles me that we are able to make nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers and supersonic missiles but we cant make a good rifle, tank or armored carrier.
Its the disjointedness of the PSU's and lack of vision.

The nuclear submarine that India has made is not cutting edge and does not have to be as it is just a SSBN that will never leave home waters.

A Tank must be good enough to face the advanced Tanks that Pakistan has. Only USA, EU, Russia and China(just about) can produce world-class Tanks and so it is not exactly that easy.

Rifles and Armoured Personnel Carriers are well within India’s technological capability and this shows a lack of competence in the defence-industrial complex that these are still being imported.

Like I say put the most focus on areas where India is within reach of producing and exporting competitive products(Short SAMs, sonars and radars) and the rest will come in time as India’s technological base slowly catches up with the leaders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom