What's new

India bags US$ 40 million defence deal to supply 4 radar systems to Armenia

The nuclear submarine that India has made is not cutting edge and does not have to be as it is just a SSBN that will never leave home waters.

A Tank must be good enough to face the advanced Tanks that Pakistan has. Only USA, EU, Russia and China(just about) can produce world-class Tanks and so it is not exactly that easy.

Rifles and Armoured Personnel Carriers are well within India’s technological capability and this shows a lack of competence in the defence-industrial complex that these are still being imported.

Like I say put the most focus on areas where India is within reach of producing and exporting competitive products(Short SAMs, sonars and radars) and the rest will come in time as India’s technological base slowly catches up with the leaders.
The first two nuclear SSBN are basically bare bone tech demonstrators with a small reactor. The next 2 and the upcoming S5 are going to be much bigger and advanced. I would agree they are not state of the art, but seriously, its a nuclear sub, only a hanful of countries can actually dare make them. We have a very competent space organisation whose techs can be used in the military program and they have helped with the ballistic missiles too. But ISRO and Brahmos are a few unicorns. The PSU's like OFB and DRDO needs massive re-organisation.
On rifles and other less advanced weapons we import is a problem of our bureaucracy and defence industry. Plagued with corruption and a crave for imported weapons. No one wants to wait and help mature a home based weapon. Instead wanna buy off the shelf. Its changing albeit slowly.

The first two nuclear SSBN are basically bare bone tech demonstrators with a small reactor. The next 2 and the upcoming S5 are going to be much bigger and advanced. I would agree they are not state of the art, but seriously, its a nuclear sub, only a hanful of countries can actually dare make them. We have a very competent space organisation whose techs can be used in the military program and they have helped with the ballistic missiles too. But ISRO and Brahmos are a few unicorns. The PSU's like OFB and DRDO needs massive re-organisation.
On rifles and other less advanced weapons we import is a problem of our bureaucracy and defence industry. Plagued with corruption and a crave for imported weapons. No one wants to wait and help mature a home based weapon. Instead wanna buy off the shelf. Its changing albeit slowly.

I agree that India has done well to be able to produce a SSBN as only a handful of countries have even tried.
It is not easy to be able to minitiarise a nuclear reactor to fit into a submarine.

ISRO has done well with the space programme and it's tech could be used in the missile programme.

Just keep going and at least induct homegrown weapons for test purposes in small batches, even if they are inferior to imports, to allow the defence industry to grow over time.

It will be a long and slow process over many decades but with enough will India will one day get there.

Last edited:
Alfa Laval is same poor quality.

And you immediately say Tema may be a Chinese rebrander without checking, which show your very poor ethic.
Alfa lavel is a world leading ,originally swedish manufacturer ,with manufacturing units in all continents. To call it poor is frankly uninformed.
I guess standards in Vietnam are much higher than European standards.
I am out.

Alfa lavel is a world leading ,originally swedish manufacturer ,with manufacturing units in all continents. To call it poor is frankly uninformed.
I guess standards in Vietnam are much higher than European standards.
I am out.

Dunno why you bother. The trade data regarding these items is open source. If his assertion is to be extrapolated in some be all end all way like he implies, the numbers would simply be doing close to zero given world standards/demands. They aren't....no where close.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom