What's new

India-Australia Summit: PM Scott likely to announce Rs 1500 crore investment in India

You don't know?

China sanctioned Australian Iron Ore and coal, and that make the ore price spike, that lead to Chinese company go boom with the resource price, that's the thing people aren't going to stop buying coal and iron ore because they are expensive, building still need to be build and ship still need to be made and electricity still needed to be generated. Which at the end China are buying it over twice the price to continue their project.

3 of the 5 company needed Chinese government bail out.

We actually have the potential to do that. Because we are the world leading, by a long mile, production of Iron Ore and Bauxite (Aluminium Ore) Both of which is very vital for any sort of economic development.

China try to push us out by banning the import of Australia Iron Ore, Coal and Bauxite because we supported a universal investigation of COVID origin in China. That back fired with them. Not us. We would much rather not sell anything to anyone because as I say natural resource for us is secondary market, the entire sector can be done without in our own economic framework, even we are leading producer of natural resource.

So it will work even with 1 big customer......

Did chinese ban backfired? Really? I personally know a couple of meat production businesses who are suffering and cursing scomo for trying to play macho man on behest of america.

No doubt that Australia is blessed with natural resources but that has been the reason we became too complacent to innovate or produce any knowledge based economy. I hope you know your export mix.

Edit: Added a snippet of trade figures.

Screenshot_20220321-175208_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
You don't know?

China sanctioned Australian Iron Ore and coal, and that make the ore price spike, that lead to Chinese company go boom with the resource price, that's the thing people aren't going to stop buying coal and iron ore because they are expensive, building still need to be build and ship still need to be made and electricity still needed to be generated. Which at the end China are buying it over twice the price to continue their project.

That's very superficial explanation. Iron ore pricing is controlled by west countries. In another word, it can be manipulated. It is very abnormal iron ore price surged when the world entered covid time. When the demand was supposed to decline and meanwhile the total supply didn't change much.

Obviously the west used its economic power to set China up. Whether China made right or wrong decision doesn't really matter. All China needs to do is, keep growing. China needs a stronger economic power.

b.jpg

Did chinese ban backfired? Really? I personally know a couple of meat production businesses who are suffering and cursing scomo for trying to play macho man on behest of america.

No doubt that Australia is blessed with natural resources but that has been the reason we became too complacent to innovate or produce any knowledge based economy. I hope you know your export mix.

Edit: Added a snippet of trade figures.

View attachment 825904
Meat and Wine industry actually, and Meat IIRC have had found alternative market in Japan and South Korea, in effect only wine industry got left behind, but then we are not talking about them.

All you need to do is to look at the stock price for the big 5 mining company. BHP, Rio Tinto, Fortsecure and Newcrest (I forgot the other one) Their stock shoot up after the Chinese ban. I personally earn around 50G by trading BHP 2 years ago.

That's very superficial explanation. Iron ore pricing is controlled by west countries. In another word, it can be manipulated. It is very abnormal iron ore price surged when the world entered covid time. When the demand was supposed to decline and meanwhile the total supply didn't change much.

Obviously the west used its economic power to set China up. Whether China made right or wrong decision doesn't really matter. All China needs to do is, keep growing. China needs a stronger economic power.

View attachment 825903
The ore price is not set by the West, it like other commodity, it was set by supply and demand.

So when China announce they will scale back buying Australian Coal and Iron ore (and other import) the Mining company scale back the production simply because China is not buying, which mean the supply was slashed by the big 5 mining company, thus jacking up the price.

But that does not mean China don't need iron and coal to continue their economic development. Which mean the Chinese are now sourcing alternative supplier, however, since Australia lead the next Iron production (Brazil) by almost 3 times the output, Brazil don't have enough to spare for Chinese market. Which in turn leads to A third country buying Australian Iron ore and coal, then resell to China at a even high price, it got so bad Chinese custom have to release the Australian Iron Ore and coal (by then the price is already almost doubled) to satisfy the demand.

It's like Russia and its oil and gas, and this time Australia is Russia, which is holding all those coal and iron ore, and China is EU, China very much depends on Australian mineral to keep up with economic development. Which mean like when Russia is now at war and oil/gas future is uncertain, the price goes up, same thing with Australian Iron and Coal, the only different here is for oil and gas you still have a certain alternative (US, Middle East and so on) but for Coal, Australia out produce the next 2 combine, which mean pretty much if Australia scale back Iron and Coal production. Nobody is getting any.

Last edited:
Meat and Wine industry actually, and Meat IIRC have had found alternative market in Japan and South Korea, in effect only wine industry got left behind, but then we are not talking about them.

We should talk about everything if we're talking about economy. Lol@ Japan and South Korea, do you have any stats?

We should talk about everything if we're talking about economy. Lol@ Japan and South Korea, do you have any stats?
Again, I am talking about Mineral business.
Which business made more money in Australia? Wine/Meat or Mineral??

The fact that, as I stated, all 5 big Mining Company in Australia stock price shoot up after China banning import is an indication of back firing on the Chinese policy.

TBH, i don't really care about Australia meat or wine export.

But in case you are wondering

Again, I am talking about Mineral business.
Which business made more money in Australia? Wine/Meat or Mineral??

The fact that, as I stated, all 5 big Mining Company in Australia stock price shoot up after China banning import is an indication of back firing on the Chinese policy.

TBH, i don't really care about Australia meat or wine export.

But in case you are wondering

If you want to close your eye towards overall economy just because it doesn't help you in proving you point, fair enough!

When I analyse Australia's economy, I try to look at holistic picture.

Screenshot_20220321-185737_Chrome.jpg

If you want to close your eye towards overall economy just because it doesn't help you in proving you point, fair enough!

View attachment 825910

Dude, that's the ENTIRE business, which included the world.

The figure to China is 1019 millions dollars. Compare to 10122 millions for Iron Ore and concentrate

Iron.jpg

Meat.jpg

View attachment 825910
And also, if you want a Holistic View.
The entire Mineral Business is at around 35000 Millions (Literally the first 3) while Food and Beverage is less than 3000 millions......

Last edited:
You don't know?

If that was true then it'd be steel companies that lose money since they have direct costs from iron ore and coal. but Baosteel had a record profit year. In fact they're still growing.

Evergrande was unable to meet new deleveraging regulations in 2020 with the 3 red lines policy reducing their ability to borrow. They didn't have a cost crisis, they had a liquidity crisis. Even today their assets are worth more than their debt, only problem is they can't sell assets fast enough. Has absolutely nothing to do with Australia.

Also your link does not support your statement 3/5 need bailout. Evergrande was in fact refused a bailout.

If that was true then it'd be steel companies that lose money since they have direct costs from iron ore and coal. but Baosteel had a record profit year. In fact they're still growing.

Evergrande was unable to meet new deleveraging regulations in 2020 with the 3 red lines policy reducing their ability to borrow. They didn't have a cost crisis, they had a liquidity crisis. Even today their assets are worth more than their debt, only problem is they can't sell assets fast enough. Has absolutely nothing to do with Australia.

Also your link does not support your statement 3/5 need bailout. Evergrande was in fact refused a bailout.

Lol, that's what they told you?

I don't know, but either way, All I know is Ore Price hike around 50%, and China still buy similar amount of Ore and Coal, and the mining company stock price shoot up. I don't really care what did the Chinese government said to you guys.

Lol, that's what they told you?

I don't know, but either way, All I know is Ore Price hike around 50%, and China still buy similar amount of Ore and Coal, and the mining company stock price shoot up. I don't really care what did the Chinese government said to you guys.
Reuters = Chinese government lmao ok, I accept your admission of defeat.

Reuters = Chinese government lmao ok, I accept your admission of defeat.
What Reuters?

You need to go check on the market price and the AFTO website.

As I said, price go up when I sell BHP, I don't really care what Chinese government had told you.

Back
Top Bottom