What's new

India as part of the "Greater West"

You can't blame a central asian who's lived his life in the steppes for feeling such a thing about a newly conquered country, one that is so punishingly hot in its cilmate and profoundly different in its culture. It's true, Babur's heart was in his birthplace.

Many Bharatiyas who live in the west, wistfully remember the dusty streets of their own backyard.

Not an apt comparison. They are not invading another country.

If his heart was there, he should have remained there!

Disparaging a land that is sustaining you is morally dishonest.

But when one looks upon the progeny of Babur, the various Emperors that came after him, the love for India and their striving to make it a better place cannot be denied. Everything that they longed for, and much more did they then bring to India.

Of course, you would prefer the British policy of having boards like "No Dogs or Indians allowed" outside their clubs, rather than the Mughal policy of intermarriage and mutual harmony that they proposed and practiced.

We don't like any alien invaders, be they the Muslims or the English. The natural human tendency is to resist the invaders.

Both of them were cruel and greedy. Both were a scourge for the people of India. In terms of sheer devastation caused, I feel the invading Muslims caused far greater damage that will take really long to repair, if that can be ever done. No one can set right all those genocides, the utter destruction of complete civilizations, the way of life, imposition of an alien harsh way of life on the gentle people of this land.

Did both of them do no good at all? I think that would be wrong to say. But we would any day go without any good coming out of invaders. I think you guys would think the same way.

Would you like the USA to come in, invade you and build some great modern shopping arcades, McDonalds, game parks, theatres in return for doing all that the invaders did in India?

Last edited:
The first Mughal emperor Babur wrote in the Bāburnāma:

Hindustan is a place of little charm, but a lot of ricky corn. There is no beauty in its people, no graceful social intercourse, no poetic talent or understanding, no etiquette, nobility or manliness. The arts and crafts have no harmony or symmetry. There are no good horses, meat, grapes, melons or other fruit. There is no ice, cold water, good food or bread in the markets. There are no baths and no madrasas. There are no candles, torches or candlesticks

O really ... Thats why Aurangzeb killed his father and brother to rule Agra.

If I'm not wrong, Muslims ruled over India for about a 1000 years. Doesn't that fulfil the Ghazwa-e-Hind prediction?

Ghazwatulhind's Blog

Read some more about the ahadith of Ghazwa-e-Hind or Ghawa-tul-Hind. you would know it will happen nearly 40 years before the arrival of Antichrist. So the Ahadith of Ghawa-e-Hind are for the time that is still to come.

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom