What's new

India announces additional USD 20 mn aid to flood-hit Pak

25,000,000 US $ =
8px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
1,172,875,000 = 2,138,057,500PKR ......Oh My god, isnt this too much???

May be it is too much but if it helps in decreasing hatred among the countrymen then its worth it mate..we cant no longer shut our eyes against the misery's across the border..Billions of dollars worth destruction has happened and many of them lost all of their life savings..if this money can help them having food for one day whats more good thing we can do with it?

Bhai mere, trust me there was nothing you said which I took umbrage at. Heck, I have many friends who think like you.

You have all the right to voice your opinion In fact, even more than me may be. After all it's as much your money as mine or any other Indian's

SO LET'S JUST CHILL and have some daaru shaaru :cheers:

On topic, yaar simple see baat hai. hum humans hain aur hame doosron kee madad karni chahiye chahe wo kahin bhi hon, kisi bhi desh ke hon aur kisi bhi dharm ke hon.

Off Topic,
And you know where I derived all this gyan from? From obeserving sikhs. I have seen even the poorest of sikhs donating to charities in gurdwaras. The whole community benefits from it. I have never ...never ever...seen a sikh, beg or steal. Sikh community is the perfect role model for all of India's minorities. Perfect examples. It comes as no surprise that so many of India's ruling elite/armymen are sikhs. I always wanted to tell a sikh about my feelings but when I joined PDF, I think you were banned or something.

Moral of the story, let's make friends, not enemies :cheers:

And as far as common wealth games goes yaar soch ke dekho. We have so many people who deserved that money. And that too when we know it is not going to help indian sport. Have we built sporting infrastructure and training facilities for our sportsmen? NO
Then whom are we fooling?

Hum sirf khud ko bevkoof bana rahe hain!

On topic, yaar simple see baat hai. hum humans hain aur hame doosron kee madad karni chahiye chahe wo kahin bhi hon, kisi bhi desh ke hon aur kisi bhi dharm ke hon.

I too belive in the same thing...lets start from helping people infront of us...many in our home to be fed, to be provided shelter, education.:tup:

Off Topic,
And you know where I derived all this gyan from? From obeserving sikhs. I have seen even the poorest of sikhs donating to charities in gurdwaras. The whole community benefits from it. I have never ...never ever...seen a sikh, beg or steal. Sikh community is the perfect role model for all of India's minorities. Perfect examples. It comes as no surprise that so many of India's ruling elite/armymen are sikhs. I always wanted to tell a sikh about my feelings but when I joined PDF, I think you were banned or something.

Moral of the story, let's make friends, not enemies :cheers:

thanks buddy,nice words. good to know you know much about sikhism.

SO LET'S JUST CHILL and have some daaru shaaru :cheers:

Just tell the time and place.:D

I too belive in the same thing...lets start from helping people infront of us...many in our home to be fed, to be provided shelter, education.:tup:

thanks buddy,nice words. good to know you know much about sikhism.

Just tell the time and place.:D

O jee main punjabi han, it comes naturally to me. Although, since I'm a dilli wala punjabi I share many of delhite's ignorances as well.

But as they say...DIL SADDA PUNJABI :)

Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media
IANS, Aug 31, 2010, 05.35pm IST

Article
Comments (51)

Tags:shah mahmood qureshi|pakistan floods|nawa-i-waqt|kashmir issue|indian aid to pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan should not accept the Indian aid of $5 million for flood victims, or even have any kind of ties with its neighbour unless India allows the Kashmiri people to determine their own future, an editorial in a Pakistani paper said on Tuesday.

"Until India is willing to give Kashmiris the freedom of deciding their own future, we will not like any sort of ties with India and the $5 million dollar it gave as aid to Pakistan for the flood victims is not acceptable to us and it should be returned forthwith. It (the aid) is not acceptable even if channelled through the UN," the editorial in the Urdu daily Nawa-i-Waqt said.

The editorial claimed that the Indian government had also realised that all their efforts had failed to quench the ardour of the Kashmiris for freedom and the Indian Army chief and even home minister P Chidambaram had admitted that there was no solution to the issue except a political one.

"(Pakistan foreign minister) Shah Mahmood Qureshi should help the Indians and tell them that according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people, a plebiscite be carried out and the Kashmiris be free to decide about the course of their future. Only then will lasting peace be ushered in South Asia," it said.

"Then there will be friendship with India, and trade with India," the editorial said.

Citing Qureshi's interview to a Kashmiri daily in which he had attacked Indian intransigence as the biggest hurdle in the resolution of the Kashmir issue and urged the US and other world powers to break their silence and put pressure on India to stop the killings of innocent Kashmiris, the editorial also "complimented" him.

" Foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has made a statement worthy of a Pakistan foreign minister for the first time after becoming the foreign minister," it said.

Read more: Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media - Pakistan - World - The Times of India Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

God forbid, had any of them lost their near and dear ones, their houses, livelihoods etc. and then India had offered to help...These thekedaars of ghairat would have been singing praises of India.

How do these guys live with themselves? Disgusting people making others pay with lives for their own false sense of pride!

Indian increases aid to Pakistani flood victims to 25 mln USD

NEW DELHI, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- India has raised its aid for Pakistan's flood victims to 25 million U.S. dollars from the 5 million U.S. dollars announced earlier, but the assistance will be routed through the United Nations, Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said Tuesday.

The Indo-Asian News Service quoted Krishna as saying at the Indian Parliament that the Indian government has decided to increase its assistance to Pakistan.

"Out of this amount, 20 million U.S. dollars would be contributed to the 'Pakistan Initial Floods Emergency Plan' launched by the UN for the coordinator of humanitarian affairs," Krishna was quoted as saying.

The minister also said the balance of 5 million U.S. dollars would be contributed to the World Food Program for its relief efforts in Pakistan, said the report.

India had initially offered aid of 5 million U.S. dollars towards flood relief in Pakistan. The offer was made by Krishna to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmood Qureshi.

------------------------

Well maybe now Chinawill increase its aid now (which is around 18million USD) till now.

I am not sure why China is being dragged in. China has sent plane loads of IL-76s, filled with edible food, 1000s of tents, hundreds of generators and what not and more is on the way.

They have sent a 50 man medical team with field medical equipment.

Once the rehabilitation work starts, they are gonna help in building infrastructure, expertise wise, financial wise and material wise.

So plzzz don't compare China to India. Indian helps comes once in a while, while China helps round the clock, even during the IDP crisis, China helped a lot.

So plzzzz, don't compare, keep the discussion as per the topic at hand.

^^^^^
Ofcourse China will help you with reconstruction, your energy pipelines, refineries, aircrafts and tanks. Maybe also do some economic investments in textile industry e.t.c. all in the name of rebuilding your country. Well and good for them. They are smart people and will not waste their money on giving disaster relief where there is no return on investment except for the token help. Its only the reconstruction phase when Chinese companies move in that will benefit. And ofcourse I will admit that at the end of all the relief effort it will be Saudi Arabia (deservedly) and China (underservedly) that will have the most good will among the Pakistani people due to the media perception.

The Evil Indians are obviously going to send their lump of 25 million to the UN and forget about it. No accountability and no follow up. Ofcourse it doesnt really matter that if the 400 team of doctors were allowed thourght they would be the single largest team from a single nation. Follwed in second place by Saudis who sent a 100 medical personnel.

China is relevant here because some people keep thinking that Indians (not GoI) are somehow less emphatic than Chinese. History is witness that those who share ethnic and linguistic backgrounds will automatically emphatise more with each other in times of hardship. We see it in the west where the Desis help each other out and we see it here where GoI and Indian people as well have offered more help than many including China, Iran, Turkey Egypt e.t.c.

Not that I am denigrating any country, just raising a thought.

It was announced today, India is giving it directly to the UN since GoP is not interested in direct help. hence I don't think GoI would have to inform GoP on this. Only the UN

Lets see when wil GOI make it official through UN.

And when UN comes in, then your remarks of accountability of this money is out of context.

We have routed Indian offer through UN so that we should not be bothered by India for its aid money's accountability. UN is surely going to use it properly.

I am not sure why China is being dragged in. China has sent plane loads of IL-76s, filled with edible food, 1000s of tents, hundreds of generators and what not and more is on the way.

They have sent a 50 man medical team with field medical equipment.

Once the rehabilitation work starts, they are gonna help in building infrastructure, expertise wise, financial wise and material wise.

So plzzz don't compare China to India. Indian helps comes once in a while, while China helps round the clock, even during the IDP crisis, China helped a lot.

So plzzzz, don't compare, keep the discussion as per the topic at hand.

Your are mentioned china sending 50 man medical team, In reality India was sending 400 doctors but govt. of pakistan has not allowed it is it our fault. :no:

Your govt. is not allowing us to send aid directly otherwise we can send it directly through wagha border. :agree:

And believe me we can send dozens of truck loads of relief material or aircraft but your govt. is not allowing it. :agree::agree:

So how can you blame India for the deeds of your govt. The facts remains that we are helping pakistan more then china.

^^^^^
Ofcourse China will help you with reconstruction, your energy pipelines, refineries, aircrafts and tanks. Maybe also do some economic investments in textile industry e.t.c. all in the name of rebuilding your country. Well and good for them. They are smart people and will not waste their money on giving disaster relief where there is no return on investment except for the token help.

:no: So you mean India is wasting its money by giving it for disaster relief ? hmmmm typical Indian thinking thats why we have issue with your offer.

Its only the reconstruction phase when Chinese companies move in that will benefit. And ofcourse I will admit that at the end of all the relief effort it will be Saudi Arabia (deservedly) and China (underservedly) that will have the most good will among the Pakistani people due to the media perception.

Keeping in view the pathetic level of construction of corrupt Indian and Pakistani companies. I would always prefer Chinese Companies.

I have seen the infrastructure they have built in quake-hit areas of Pakistan. Its of world class :china:

The Evil Indians are obviously going to send their lump of 25 million to the UN and forget about it.No accountability and no follow up.

And when UN comes in, then your remarks of accountability of this money is out of context.

We have routed Indian offer through UN so that we should not be bothered by India for its aid money's accountability. UN is surely going to use it properly. So please keep in touch with UN for follow up of your point scoring money.

Ofcourse it doesnt really matter that if the 400 team of doctors were allowed thourght they would be the single largest team from a single nation. Follwed in second place by Saudis who sent a 100 medical personnel.

Your people were already making cries about safety we have saved you from this stress. Secondly an Indian heading USAID was already making up fake stories so we better save ourself from your bharti propaganda of threats to your nationals by not giving visas.

Lets see when wil GOI make it official through UN.

We have routed Indian offer through UN so that we should not be bothered by India for its aid money's accountability. UN is surely going to use it properly.

Jana I was being sarcastic when I raised the accountability thing and talked about evil Indians. I thought you would have caught on.

The point I was making was just that Indians having the same ethnic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds are naturally bound to be more responsive than those who don't share them. India was under no pressure unlike China for example to do this. Infact, GoI was probably not willing to go ahead seeing that the relations after the FM meet had hit a new low. But it was public opinion and pressure from civil society that FORCED the govt. to respond and hence start offering the aid.

Back
Top Bottom