What's new

India announces additional USD 20 mn aid to flood-hit Pak

:no: So you mean India is wasting its money by giving it for disaster relief ? hmmmm typical Indian thinking thats why we have issue with your offer.

Again I was being sarcatic. Its a form of humour

Keeping in view the pathetic level of construction of corrupt Indian and Pakistani companies. I would always prefer Chinese Companies.

I have seen the infrastructure they have built in quake-hit areas of Pakistan. Its of world class :china:

Excellent, but still that means China is investing and not providing aid. They are putting their money where they will get a return on their investment. Good for them

And when UN comes in, then your remarks of accountability of this money is out of context.

We have routed Indian offer through UN so that we should not be bothered by India for its aid money's accountability. UN is surely going to use it properly. So please keep in touch with UN for follow up of your point scoring money.
Yes ofcourse, again I was being sarcastic there.

Your people were already making cries about safety we have saved you from this stress. Secondly an Indian heading USAID was already making up fake stories so we better save ourself from your bharti propaganda of threats to your nationals by not giving visas.

Those Indian doctors who were going were well aware of the risks. the head of USAID is an AMERICAN. He might be of Indian origin but he is not an INDIAN.
Real Indians where willing to come to work in Sindh and the local governor had promised them safety because of the relatively better security enviroment as comapred to Punjab and KP.

Anyways, what I was saying was if they were allowed they would be the largest group of volunteer doctors from any single country. Which shows that Indian people have no problem with the Pakistani people.

here's the full article:
slamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- India offered another $20 million in aid to its rival neighbor Pakistan on Tuesday, but an official in the flood-ravaged country says he has no knowledge of the aid.

Abdul Basit, spokesman for Pakistan's Foreign Ministry, said Tuesday he is not aware of such an offer by India.

Basit says India was formally notified that Pakistan would accept an earlier offer of $5 million through the United Nations -- but not directly from India.

Basit said Pakistan did not accept the aid directly from India because "that is our government's policy." However, Basit said, Pakistan has received aid directly from other countries.:tdown:

At least 1,667 people have died in colossal flooding in Pakistan, according to the country's disaster authority. At least 17 million Pakistanis have been affected.
:disagree:

@ Jana

Please go back to the earlier 3-4 pages of this thread and read my posts. I beseech you. Please do read my earlier posts.

You'll get some idea about the 'typical Indian mentality'
:undecided:

^^^^^
Ofcourse China will help you with reconstruction, your energy pipelines, refineries, aircrafts and tanks. Maybe also do some economic investments in textile industry e.t.c. all in the name of rebuilding your country. Well and good for them. They are smart people and will not waste their money on giving disaster relief where there is no return on investment except for the token help. Its only the reconstruction phase when Chinese companies move in that will benefit. And ofcourse I will admit that at the end of all the relief effort it will be Saudi Arabia (deservedly) and China (underservedly) that will have the most good will among the Pakistani people due to the media perception.

The Evil Indians are obviously going to send their lump of 25 million to the UN and forget about it. No accountability and no follow up. Ofcourse it doesnt really matter that if the 400 team of doctors were allowed thourght they would be the single largest team from a single nation. Follwed in second place by Saudis who sent a 100 medical personnel.

China is relevant here because some people keep thinking that Indians (not GoI) are somehow less emphatic than Chinese. History is witness that those who share ethnic and linguistic backgrounds will automatically emphatise more with each other in times of hardship. We see it in the west where the Desis help each other out and we see it here where GoI and Indian people as well have offered more help than many including China, Iran, Turkey Egypt e.t.c.

Not that I am denigrating any country, just raising a thought.

Well not gonna counter your earlier arguments as that would be adding to the derailment.

But why are you raising the thought ?? Did any Pakistani member on the thread compared China and India ?? Did anyone said China has given more while India less.

So if the topic is not about that, no one even had mentioned the name of China, then why are you raising this thought ??

If that is your urgency, then why don't you open a separate thread and discuss about it there and give your thoughts there, why derailing another thread which has nothing whatsoever to do with China.

The thread is about India giving 20Mln, nothing is being said about China.

Again I was being sarcatic. Its a form of humour

:no::no: you were not

Excellent, but still that means China is investing and not providing aid. They are putting their money where they will get a return on their investment. Good for them

China had already provided aid in terms of goods and money. As far as their investment in infrastructure or any other field that is the best thing Pakistan can get from any country that too without any String attached to it unlike similar investment from other countries and organisations.

Those Indian doctors who were going were well aware of the risks. the head of USAID is an AMERICAN. He might be of Indian origin but he is not an INDIAN.
Duel nationality can not rule out any possibility of links to anti-Pakistan agenda of India. Anyway he was also in SINDH and not KP or Punjab

Real Indians where willing to come to work in Sindh and the local governor had promised them safety because of the relatively better security enviroment as comapred to Punjab and KP.

Sindh Governor can not ensure safety to local Pakistanis so we can not take risks of another round of big international propaganda if any of the Indian doctors was attacked or threatened even.
Better to play safe than regret later

Which shows that Indian people have no problem with the Pakistani people.

Pakistani people also have no problem with Indian people BUT with Indian Govt's anti-Pakistan policies

dramaqueen.gif

India would like to contrast the friendship between China and Pakistan? That is welcome, really, hope you do not have other purposes, but sincere. China and Pakistan to help each other a long time, no conditions, if India is to compare with China, it is a good thing. China will welcome, and we will not attack India. But the need to actually do it, do it with sincerity, not some cheap ways.

Jana I was being sarcastic when I raised the accountability thing and talked about evil Indians. I thought you would have caught on.

The point I was making was just that Indians having the same ethnic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds are naturally bound to be more responsive than those who don't share them. India was under no pressure unlike China for example to do this. Infact, GoI was probably not willing to go ahead seeing that the relations after the FM meet had hit a new low. But it was public opinion and pressure from civil society that FORCED the govt. to respond and hence start offering the aid.

Who said China was under pressure ??

Well by taking your logic,who knows India's additional 20Mln is not being given from its heart to help the needy, may be after the response of Pakistan and the bad image it got to have not taken the aid offer on time and the US president remarks, India is using this tool again to once again give another bad press to Pakistan as Pakistan may again delay its response and we see repetition of things.

I announce 10 billion$ aid for Pakistan flood victims.

Apparently, announcing doesn't cost me a dime!!!

We fight like imbecile morons. While the poor suffer. Man this is soooooooo sad.:cry:

For hundreds of years, the britishers fu**ed us.

We've completely forgotton why our forefathers fought soooo hard for this freedom. Not sooo long ago, Hindus and muslims of british India fought the british together.

Why? Because we had people like Gandhi, Nehru, Jinnah, Maulana Azad, Lala lajpat rai, Bhagat Singh, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose fighting for the poor and the downtrodden.

Look what we have become.

Aaj hum is baat pe lad rahe hain ke baadh mein tabaah hue masoomon kee mada kee jaani chahiye ya nahin??

SHAME ON US! Really SHAME ON US.

Itne mahaan logon ne hamarai azaadi ke liye apna sab kuch kurbaan kar diya aur hum jaahilon kee tarah lad rahe hain.

Kya beet ti hogi hamare forefathers kee aatma par!

Wo bhi bechare sochte honge "IS SE TOH HUM GHULAM HEE ACCHE THE"

504%202002-05-28%20India%20Pakistan%20education%20war.JPG

:disagree:

WE SOUTH ASIANS ARE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITES ON EARTH. WE ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE MILLIONS OF POOR CHILDREN FOR OUR FALSE SENSE OF PRIDE!

Guys, it would be better if the discussion is kept with respect to India and the newer 20Mln offer, bringing in China will just derail the thread, and if someone wishes that, let me know so that i spare him the wastage of time and he is taken out right now.

Who said China was under pressure ??

Well by taking your logic,who knows India's additional 20Mln is not being given from its heart to help the needy, may be after the response of Pakistan and the bad image it got to have not taken the aid offer on time and the US president remarks, India is using this tool again to once again give another bad press to Pakistan as Pakistan may again delay its response and we see repetition of things.

Absolutely!

Pakistan must reject this $20 million aid (once they come to know of it, they currently do not know about it as we have read) and insult the Indian government's over-smartness for once and for all.

There are too many issues within India that the Indian government must pay its attention too instead of wasting its time in giving a bad name to Pakistan.

And when UN comes in, then your remarks of accountability of this money is out of context.

We have routed Indian offer through UN so that we should not be bothered by India for its aid money's accountability. UN is surely going to use it properly. So please keep in touch with UN for follow up of your point scoring money.

Jana even British also accused your country of diverting the funds of disaster relief..why then your government ask them to send the money through UN??(am not sure if its a british agency of government who accused your country) ..Just call spade a spade Jana..your government dont want to accept money directly because it will create lot of dissatisfaction among various sectors..so they asked to send it by UN..anyway its fine by us as it will reach those who deserves..

Duel nationality can not rule out any possibility of links to anti-Pakistan agenda of India. Anyway he was also in SINDH and not KP or Punjab

MODS:

Please take note.....this is some major hypocrisy on display here....

Pakistanis are uber sensitive about being linked to terrorists in Britain of Pakistani origin as being BRITISH NOT PAKISTANI.....or in the case of the Times Square bomber being a naturalized American having no links to Pakistan....

Yet....an "elite member" here is suggesting that an Indian origin member of the USAID team has anti-pakistan agenda and is on the Indian payroll just based on ethnicity....

Not to mention that this is completely off-topic, but also insulting to the Indians in America whose hard earned money has contributed in part to the aid going to Pakistan.....

And then people wonder why Pakistan enjoys such a "splendid" reputation in America.....
Paranoia has no bounds for some members here.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom