What's new

Featured India and Pakistan are now poorer than Bangladesh

What is the difference between "better" and "longer" lives? If someone lives longer aren't they living a better life?

Pak life expectancy = 69 years
BD life expectancy = 72 years

These are simple questions google can answer.
Standard of living isn't determined by life expectancy. Just accept the truth. Pakistanis are richer on average. I respect Bangladesh for its economic gains recently, but the people haven't been uplifted much, income inequality is present. Instead of pretending to be better than what you are (like our fellow indians), identify the problem and fix it.

Good Luck.

pretty simple pakistan has a black or un documented economy more than 62% of GDP
while Bangladesh has reduced it over the year to 30% of its GDP

if Pakistan reduced this number through digitizing FBR... it will be well ahead

pretty simple pakistan has a black or un documented economy more than 62% of GDP
while Bangladesh has reduced it over the year to 30% of its GDP

if Pakistan reduced this number through digitizing FBR... it will be well ahead

Doesn't BD have an "undocumented economy" in the way of private sectors and sales.
Standard of living isn't determined by life expectancy. Just accept the truth. Pakistanis are richer on average. I respect Bangladesh for its economic gains recently, but the people haven't been uplifted much, income inequality is present. Instead of pretending to be better than what you are (like our fellow indians), identify the problem and fix it.

Good Luck.

Maybe our ideals differ. I equate living better lives with living longer and the opportunity live a better life by living longer. Pretending to be better like indians? That didn't make sense to me are you diverting the conversation with an excess statement? It was unnecessary as I produced some facts.

Doesn't BD have an "undocumented economy" in the way of private sectors and sales.
as i said bangladesh's undocumented economy is equal to 30% of its GDP while ours more than 62 percent and it is growing day by day .. just reducing this number will automatically change rest of indicators

The kind of country where taxes on cars starts at 70% and then it goes up like crazy.

For new economy cars it is 300% and for luxury cars like Range Rovers and BMWs it is around 800%.

I don't know what it is for reconditioned cars...
is denim made of cotton? recently bought me a black denim pant and a blue denim jacket... the jacket fabric is smooth to touch... made in bangladesh...
however don't know what to think of the pant, the fabric isn't as smooth to touch... i would say course even compared to any jeans pant i own... and the color got on my underwear xD
made in pakistan...
if denims are made of cotton then that would explain the article mentioning poor cotton quality

Most Denim of any color is 100% cotton. But for women's pants they make thin looking denim that has significant lycra and spandex added, just so stretch pants can be made.

I usually buy Calvin Klein denim slacks which are around a hundred bucks a pop (on sale), and are quite nice quality. I have friends who are buying Supreme brand denim jackets and those are crazy expensive (around $1300). The more you pay, the better the denim will be (and won't run colors after a wash).

Last edited:
Maybe our ideals differ. I equate living better lives with living longer and the opportunity live a better life by living longer. Pretending to be better like indians? That didn't make sense to me are you diverting the conversation with an excess statement? It was unnecessary as I produced some facts.
Pretending to be like Indians is to overestimate oneself and to underestimate the other. That is a common theme in the general Indian public.

Living longer but living in poverty isn't as great as living not as long but a good life. BD just has way too much poverty for it to be compared with Pakistan. Sorry.

As I said, identify and the problem and counter it. Don't live in fantasy land like our fellows in India.

What kind of richer country is Bangladesh that they have 10 times less car sales than poorer Pakistan?
not only that but in all consumption, total Vehicles in Bangladesh are jus 0.5 million and Pakistan yearly sale more vehicles then this number.
something is very fishy with Bangladesh growth, i wish they grow more and Pakistan grow too.
In contrast, Bangladesh has an efficient local electronics manufacturing industry, Pakistan doesn't. And that's why only 1.6 million refrigerators are sold in Pakistan annually compared to 3.2 million units for Bangladesh.
its because most of the Pakistanis already using these electronics since decades while Bangladeshis are buying it for the first time, even in US not so many people buy these daily usage things as majority already have it and only those buy it who want to replace the old ones hence less numbers.

Congratulations to Bangladesh

However higher GDP per capita and lower HDI than India for Bangladesh indicates the fruits of economic progress are not reaching average Bangladeshi

probably into pockets of the corrupt

Bangladesh lost approximately $3.8 billion to illegal outflows in 2013
View attachment 750111

Interestingly Bangladesh illicit outflows do not seem to be reported after 2013

If you use current gdp per capita, then BD would have higher HDI than India.

It was due to its much lower gdp per capita nominal in the past that BD lagged India in HDI.

not only that but in all consumption, total Vehicles in Bangladesh are jus 0.5 million and Pakistan yearly sale more vehicles then this number.
something is very fishy with Bangladesh growth, i wish they grow more and Pakistan grow too.

Let me try and explain it in another way.

Say you have 2 workers with one in a company for 5 years and he earns 50K USD a year and has been earning this for 3 years now.

You have another who has only been in the company for 2 years and is also earning 50K USD a year.

Obviously the former,who can be compared to Pakistan, should have more money to spend and buy stuff as he has had more time to accumulate wealth than the latter(Bangladesh).

During the latter part of this decade you will probably see BD matching Pakistan's infrastructure/look of cities and living standards and more than likely ahead by 2030 and then extending its lead over time.

Last edited:
GDP per capita is not a measure of poverty.

Bangladesh's poverty rate is 84.30%
India's poverty rate is 28%
Pakistan's poverty rate is 24.3%

These are simple questions google can answer. Pakistani people still live better lives than the rest and are far richer or average, like it or not.
Lmao you’re using data from 20 years ago
Ok you want to compare motorcycle sales?

In 2019 549,000 motorcycles were sold in Bangladesh while more bikes are sold in just one quarter in Pakistan.
Taxes. Bd taxes are worse than in Pakistan. A rolls Royce owner in Pakistan can only buy a land cruiser with that money in bd

Pretending to be like Indians is to overestimate oneself and to underestimate the other. That is a common theme in the general Indian public.

Living longer but living in poverty isn't as great as living not as long but a good life. BD just has way too much poverty for it to be compared with Pakistan. Sorry.

As I said, identify and the problem and counter it. Don't live in fantasy land like our fellows in India.

BD poverty rate as of 2021 is 21%. We have a man named Muhammed Yunus who made great strides in countering poverty with his micro credit scheme.

21 percent of 160 million? Do the math. Our poor folk are very motivated.

BD poverty rate as of 2021 is 21%. We have a man named Muhammed Yunus who made great strides in countering poverty with his micro credit scheme.

21 percent of 160 million? Do the math. Our poor folk are very motivated.
we will need a mega leap when ignorance will not work anymore and improved HDI will be apparent... 10 more years

Wowzaaa!!

Thread is a testimony that both India and PDF Pakistan is united against Bengal.

If you use current gdp per capita, then BD would have higher HDI than India.

It was due to its much lower gdp per capita nominal in the past that BD lagged India in HDI.
HDI is calculated based on GNI per capita in PPP

Maybe when latest GDP percapita PPP is released we may see the difference

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom