What's new

Featured India and Pakistan are now poorer than Bangladesh

I have bought a few adidas clothes made in Bangladesh and a leather jacket made in Pakistan

I want to know if Pakistani women can work in the factory

I have bought a few adidas clothes made in Bangladesh and a leather jacket made in Pakistan

I want to know if Pakistani women can work in the factory

Well we don't have Pakistani women in Bangladesh. Maybe Pakistani brothers can comment.

But Bangladeshi apparel factories are run with 95% Bangladeshi women. Just like in China factories are run with 100% Chinese women.

1210.jpg

You are wrong. As of 2021 it’s around 9 billion USD for Bangladesh. The value that @Bilal9 shared appeared to old by few years and not counting mobile sets which has a huge market in Bangladesh.

• Revenue in the Consumer Electronics market amounts to US$8,788m in 2021. The market is expected to grow annually by 9.14% (CAGR 2021-2025).
  • The market's largest segment is the segment Telephony with a market volume of US$4,980m in 2021.
A big portion of Pakistani population lives below poverty line and due to high electricity or load shedding issue, I highly doubt Pakistan has any advantage at the moment. In the past may be Pakistan had advantages but in the last 5-10 years it’s gone.

Thanks for correcting me @Black_cats bhai. I forgot about cellphones as electronics completely. The figures are also old.

Last edited:
again revenue increase due to increased sales and Pakistanis were using these electronics for decades hence only people buy to replace old ones however in Bangaldesh people has recently introduced to these luxury hence more people buying for the first time due to recent increase in income.

I don't know where you are getting this notion that Pakistanis using electronics for decades and Bangladeshis just started using them. This is amusing. :-)

Bangladesh always had open import policy for electronics prior to us starting to make them here. Our first TV was a Sony Trinitron 25" Super Black model bought some thirty years ago. Along with Revox Tape Deck, Nakamichi Cassette deck, Sansui Receiver and Bose speakers. We had a huge double door fridge since I was ten and of course Aircons in most rooms of the house. Every friend I know grew up with this type of equipment in my school that I went to - or better.

Does it make sense - that if people have money, they can afford anything they want? How is Pakistan any different or better?

Bangladesh is not India where people are Kanjoos by nature.

again revenue increase due to increased sales and Pakistanis were using these electronics for decades hence only people buy to replace old ones however in Bangaldesh people has recently introduced to these luxury hence more people buying for the first time due to recent increase in income.

The people who had money always bought luxury items in Bangladesh.

Aircons, TV's and fridges aren't luxury items anymore, most well-off houses in villages have them.

Now that electronics are locally made, prices have essentially almost halved (because of no import duty) and became affordable for more buyers of limited income, even slum-dwellers in some cases.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom