What's new

India and China are good friends – PM

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
xinsrc59206061607293901.jpg

New Delhi, Dec 15 (TruthDive): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday refuted the views of Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh in the Lok Sabha that China was making all-out efforts to attack India and had marked some posts across the border.

Singh agreed that there were some problems in the relations between India and China, but also added that overall, there was peace at the border.

“Our government does not share the view that China is out to attack India. There are problems on the border. But by and large, the border remains peaceful. Peace and tranquility have been maintained in the border areas,” he said.

Dr. Singh rejected another allegation of the SP leader that China had diverted the waters of the Brahmaputra.

“I do not share the view that China has diverted Brahmaputra water. India and China are share very sensitive relations. India and China are good friends. There are some confusions over the borders issue but they are solved there itself,” he said.

Earlier, Mulayam Singh alleged that the UPA-II government was remaining silent when China was preparing to attack India and that country had even established posts along the Kashmir border. “They are trying to take our land,” he said and sought a reply from Dr. Singh.

There was peace and tranquillity in the border areas. However, there were differences between India and China on the perceptions of the LAC. Due to these differing perceptions, the Chinese patrols some time entered areas that India considered as lying on the Indian side.

Minister of State for External Affairs E. Ahamed said India would work towards strengthening its relations with China. “The government regularly takes up these transgressions with the Chinese side. We have underscored to the Chinese side the importance for both sides to respect the LAC,” he said.

Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday the government was “giving careful and special attention” to the development of infrastructure in the border areas opposite China, “to meet our strategic and security requirements and also to facilitate the economic development of these areas.”

“The government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India’s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it,” he said.

The States, where the government is focussing on include Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.

The Chief of Sri Lankan Arm,y Jagath Jaisurya has said that the activities of China are being publicised in a wrong manner. The presence of China in the Indian Ocean should not be a matter of concern for India as they have no threat from China, opined the General.

India and China are good friends – PM | TruthDive

The key word is 'share',share the border area each other then to be friends indeed.

In the spirit of fellow human beings yes were good friends, Less Trolling would certainly Improve the relations.

I thought he is very popular in india no?

Not with the current situation and the public anger in the UPA government. The most corrupt governance faces testing times with the protests by civil bodies against corruption. (team Anna in particular)

ps yay my 200th post :P

I thought he is very popular in india no?

He had his good days, but due to his corrupt ministers he is having seriously bad days.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Between I liked this thread, with so very less trolling from both indian and chinese members.

He is popular with his corrupt ministers. Not so much with the general population

I dont get it he is suppose to be the most uncorrupt india politician, why he allow corrupt ministers in his cabinet?

I dont get it he is suppose to be the most uncorrupt india politician, why he allow corrupt ministers in his cabinet?

he is but he is unable to stop other from doing the same,sonia gandhi is the real PM of india manmohan singh is just mask

I thought he was popular in India as well. :lol:

But then all the Indians here, curse him all day long.

I think they hate him because they consider him a lapdog to Italian Sonia.

WELL ARENT YOU REAPING THE REWARDS BY GOING ON AND ON ABOUT IT, WITH YOUR TROLL FEST.
Love your cheap publicity CD.
:disagree:

Back
Top Bottom