What's new

India among world's most racist countries, says survey

American_Millenium

Reaction score
Country
United States
India among world's most racist countries, says survey

Britain is one of the most racially tolerant countries on the planet, a survey claims.

The global social attitudes study claims that the most racially intolerant populations are all in the developing world, with Bangladesh, Jordan and India in the top five.

By contrast, the study of 80 countries over three decades found Western countries were most accepting of other cultures with Britain, the U.S., Canada and Australia more tolerant than anywhere else.

The data came from the World Value Survey, which measured the social attitudes of people in different countries, as reported by the Washington Post.

The survey asked individuals what types of people they would refuse to live next to, and counted how many chose the option 'people of a different race' as a percentage for each country.

Researchers have suggested that societies where more people do not want neighbours from other races can be considered less racially tolerant.

The country with the highest proportion of 'intolerant' people who wanted neighbours similar to them was Hong Kong, where 71.8 per cent of the population would refuse to live next to someone of a different race.

Next were Bangladesh on 71.7 per cent, Jordan on 51.4 per cent and India with 43.5 per cent.

Racist views are strikingly rare in the U.S., according to the survey, which claims that only 3.8 per cent of residents are reluctant to have a neighbour of another race.

Other English-speaking countries once part of the British Empire shared the same tolerant attitude - fewer than five per cent of Britons, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders showed signs of racism.

People in the UK are also tolerant of other differences such as speaking a foreign language or practising an alternative religion - for example, fewer than two per cent of Britons would object to having neighbours of a different faith to them.

Similarly, fewer than one in 20 people in most South American countries admitted harbouring prejudice against other races.

The Middle East, which is currently dealing with large numbers of low-skilled immigrants from south Asia, seems to be a hotbed of racial tension, however.

Europe is remarkably split - the west of the continent is generally more tolerant than the east, but France is a striking outlier with 22.7 per cent of the French rejecting neighbourhood diversity.

Some have pointed out problems in the survey data, claiming that because the polls span a long period of time they are an unreliable guide to current attitudes.

However, a more serious flaw could be the fact that in most Western countries racism is so taboo than many people will hide their intolerant views and lie to the questioners.

Max Fisher of the Washington Post suggested that maybe 'Americans are conditioned by their education and media to keep these sorts of racial preferences private, i.e. to lie about them on surveys, in a way that Indians might not be'.

India among world's most racist countries, says survey : Asia, News - India Today

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries

So much for White supremacism and Indian tolerance, ain't that right JayAtl?

I'm not surprised, seeing as how all you can talk about are "gene pools" and "genetic inferiority". Apparently, being racist is only reserved for the superior Indian race, with their super Aryan IQ, right JayIndia?

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg

India and Jordan by far the least tolerant. In only two of 81 surveyed countries, more than 40 percent of respondents said they would not want a neighbor of a different race. This included 43.5 percent of Indians and 51.4 percent of Jordanian. (Note: World Values’ data for Bangladesh and Hong Kong appear to have been inverted, with in fact only 28.3 and 26.8 percent, respectively, having indicated they would not want a neighbor of a different race. Please see correction at the bottom of this post.

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries

Racism is ingrained in uncivilized hindu traditions...

We Muslims of South Asia are lucky to have came out of that retarded caste based discriminatory system...

Look at Pakistan and india on the map...it tells everything!!!

indians won't like if a person of another caste is living next to them...haha...racist people.

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg

@gambit

Compare your native country to China and Taiwan. The shining red color must be a result of the shining tolerance Vietnam shows to the other inferior asians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racism is ingrained in uncivilized hindu traditions...

We Muslims of South Asia are lucky to have came out of that retarded caste based discriminatory system...

Look at Pakistan and india on the map...it tells everything!!!

indians won't like if a person of another caste is living next to them...haha...racist people.
@Aeronaut, @Jungibaaz can you please put a curb on this kinda of unnecessary anti Hindu tirade?

Also this topic is 3 months old has been discussed before, so kindly merge or delete this thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/252443-most-racist-countries-world-map.html

Last edited by a moderator:
India's racism is exacerbated by its caste system that has been entrenched in society for millenia. When different castes begin to genetically diverge from each other so much that they could be considered different races, extreme racism, directed both at different castes and different races, is the inevitable result. It's just a sad and deplorable state of affairs.

India's racism is exacerbated by its caste system that has been entrenched in society for millenia. When different castes begin to genetically diverge from each other so much that they could be considered different races, extreme racism, directed both at different castes and different races, is the inevitable result. It's just a sad and deplorable state of affairs.

Sad thing is that I came across a recent post on an Indian defense forum where the 'caste system' was blamed for much of India's problems.

However, I am not sure Indians are necessarily as racist as this thread is trying to make them: I think caste-system is an abomination however that is internal divisions in a society--sort of like the African American vs the Whites in America. Would an average Indian reject someone from, say, Vietnam, or England or Argentina or Kazhakasthan to be living in their midst? I doubt that.

Don't know about the others,but I am certain that the Japs are more racist than the Indians。

this survey looks fake to me.
i know we are a little racist but nobody beat japanese and australia when it comes to racism

Sad thing is that I came across a recent post on an Indian defense forum where the 'caste system' was blamed for much of India's problems.

However, I am not sure Indians are necessarily as racist as this thread is trying to make them: I think caste-system is an abomination however that is internal divisions in a society--sort of like the African American vs the Whites in America. Would an average Indian reject someone from, say, Vietnam, or England or Argentina or Kazhakasthan to be living in their midst? I doubt that.
this has been discussed before ... first of all its completely diluting the word racism, if I say I would prefer to live in a neighbourhood where my people (tribe/language/religion/nation) live and you call me a racist. People dont know what racism is.
Most Indians will never think of harming another person just because he is alien.

One can say caste system is one kind of apartheid, but in reality its a class system in rigid form. Racism is driven by xenophobia, fear/hate or others, fear/hate of unknown, where as caste based violence is based on tradition and dogma.

I will invite the guy to live in europe and India and compare.

Who cares? They're a bunch of ****** subhuman monkeys who've kept the slave name their colonial master gave them. Whatever they think about anyone else let alone Pakistan makes no difference to me.

Post Reported................Isn,t that comment Racist...................Asians Living in Canada doesn't qualify to be called whites.............

They prolly changed the definition of racism to somehow put India on top ...

Back
Top Bottom