What's new

India Ahead : How will PAF counter IAF - FGFA/PAKFA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buddy it means 9.5 billion USD for three forces that is army,navy and air force not alone air force..by the way..hw much has been allocated to individual forces???

Dude 96% jumps for the pak defence means 96% jumps proportionately for all three serices ( if increased equally) so still its a 96% jump... its huge mate .....
from current values
:coffee:

JXX first prototype will be rolled out this year. Enough to create many more x vs y threads on many forums.

^^ any source of this news. would love to get more details

Dude 96% jumps for the pak defence means 96% jumps proportionately for all three serices ( if increased equally) so still its a 96% jump... its huge mate .....
from current values
:coffee:

yes it is huge..but hw much will be spent on capital assests and hw many will be spent on salaries(if they r increased) new projects like border infrastructure etc all included..its still huge though...

I am relatively new here. i read the first few pages of this thread.

The question is how will Pakistan's military establishment counter the threat of a 5th generation fighter in Indians hands

1. A stealth fighter in IAF even in small numbers (25-50) will be a formidable force.
2. I think FGFA/PAKFA won't be as stealthy as the raptor so Pakistan could be investing in radar technologies that would give it some sort of an early warning

possible scenarios, 5th generation fighters cant be taken out in the air, they have to taken out on the ground.

1. Preemptive strike using Badar: Take out the fighters in their hangers with badar cruise missiles. This will require good intelligence.
50 or so fighters would be located on 2 airfields. Don't let planes get in the air.

2. SSG Operation: This is a wild and bold plan. but considering the way Pakistan has fought some of its wars with India i think this is a possibility. Covert Incursion into Indian territory, take out the airfields that currently have these planes. either make the planes or the runway unusable. IAF might get one or two stories out before SSG takes em out. This will require good intelligence, excellent planning and an even better execution.

first of all dude the second option seemed to me as if u are very much influenced by the hollywood or bollywood so no comments on the second one the first one is very much a cool option just that the hangers wont be very much exposed (I HAVE HEARD THAT IN DIAN AIR FORCE HAVE SOME UNDERGROUND BASES TO?)

I am relatively new here.

welcome here

1. A stealth fighter in IAF even in small numbers (25-50) will be a formidable force.

agreed
2. I think FGFA/PAKFA won't be as stealthy as the raptor so Pakistan could be investing in radar technologies that would give it some sort of an early warning
problem comes money and time and technology

possible scenarios, 5th generation fighters cant be taken out in the air, they have to taken out on the ground.

1. Preemptive strike using Badar: Take out the fighters in their hangers with badar cruise missiles. This will require good intelligence.
50 or so fighters would be located on 2 airfields. Don't let planes get in the air.

5th generation aircraft will be precious and wont hanged out at one or two places..........and range of cruise missiles are not that long that they can cover whole of India.................ballistics can but ballistic missiles dont do surgical strikes as cruise missiles do.

2. SSG Operation: This is a wild and bold plan. but considering the way Pakistan has fought some of its wars with India i think this is a possibility. Covert Incursion into Indian territory, take out the airfields that currently have these planes. either make the planes or the runway unusable. IAF might get one or two stories out before SSG takes em out. This will require good intelligence, excellent planning and an even better execution.

most of India's main aircrafts are stationed at Agra and its very away from Pakistan border...........very difficult to stay hidden and travel such a long distance................more over being the largest air base it have thousands of Graund special forces soldiers................SSG need thousands to over power them...........,...and such a large number cannot travel in enemy zone freely and unnoticed:thinktank:

At war time i don't think the will be stationed at agra, but even so the distance between agra and lahore is 595 kilometers. The current operational range of badur is 700 km. So the airbase at agra is well within range. the operational range will probably rise to 1000km (my guess) by 2018-2020. So these planes stationed anywhere on western India would be a target. Again this would require intelligence on the whereabouts of these air crafts.

SSG operation won't go as deep as agra. SSG would be an option if these planes are placed on some forward airfield.

About the underground airbase... i don't think India has an underground airbase. lets say by 2020 it has one. if the hangers are underground the you can target the airfield, if the airfield is underground, highly unlikely, then there has to be an opening where the air craft is to come out and lift off. you can target that opening.

The first priority would be an attack by badur.

At war time i don't think the will be stationed at agra, but even so the distance between agra and lahore is 595 kilometers. The current operational range of badur is 700 km. So the airbase at agra is well within range. the operational range will probably rise to 1000km (my guess) by 2018-2020. So these planes stationed anywhere on western India would be a target. Again this would require intelligence on the whereabouts of these air crafts.

SSG operation won't go as deep as agra. SSG would be an option if these planes are placed on some forward airfield.

About the underground airbase... i don't think India has an underground airbase. lets say by 2020 it has one. if the hangers are underground the you can target the airfield, if the airfield is underground, highly unlikely, then there has to be an opening where the air craft is to come out and lift off. you can target that opening.

haroon indian air fields are quite extensive. also underground airfields will be well disguised and camouflaged. ever since the Israelis took out the Arab air bases in 1967 war, most countries have built underground air fields, to stop enemy using same tactics. so if tensions rise, high value aircraft will be moved to such bases.

also, FGFAs can be stationed as far away as central india, since they can always use mid-air refuelling over West India to reach targets inside pakistan.

well you talked about pre-emtive strikes ........means you start the war........................and already told all aircrafts wont be placed at one or two places

I am relatively new here. i read the first few pages of this thread.

The question is how will Pakistan's military establishment counter the threat of a 5th generation fighter in Indians hands

No comment on second option...

as much as first is considered- BABUR is a good option but do you think those precious birds will be stationed at AGRA...hell they could anywhere in central and South India which will be beyond reach of BABUR plus dont forget anti missile systems (that too a top notch )will be installed everywhere the planes will be..considering the subsonic speed of BABUR there will be ample time for S-500 or, BARAK to destroy them..

Thats why almost all the FAB's in India use underground hardened shelters for parking the planes.
We hav elearned our lessons from the failed,pre-emptive strile by PAF on the 13 airfields close to the border.
And why do u think they will be based on airfields within 500 km from the border(range of Babur).
For example Su-30 is based in Bareilly which is more than the range of Babur.

Thats wat we have these gentlemen for :

Garud Commando Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Securing the airfields in case of any foolish attempt to infiltrate SSG into India.

Thats why almost all the FAB's in India use underground hardened shelters for parking the planes.

Thanks dear, this is really eye-opener information. Can you post links/photos to help us understand what do you mean by underground hardened bunkers.

Even Google images will do.

I am asking because i don't think either Pakistan or India uses hardened underground (fully underground) bunkers for their aircrafts.

Regards,
Sapper

J-xx in future.

our economy is rising again..

Yes we will get 5th generation very late between 2020-25 bt we will hav..

even india will hav by 2020a

yep We are not actualy need soo called 5th generatoin fighter and we are also not able to purchase atleast right now. But those (our enemies) who think that we are bit scared for India aquisiations of state of the art weapons especially MMRCA and PAK-FA they are actually in bollywood film-i-dreams. We even not a signle % worry about Indian military hardware because its a fact that we will never hesistate to press Nuclear button and we also feel free and easy just because we know our enemies "NOW" dont have guts to start fullscale either limited war or either soo called "Surgical Strike" (PS: i am always laughing on this statement surgical strike lol). We are easy and alwaysfeel easy and do not worry much about enemy military because of our Nuclear Missiles.

Do pakistan has got guts to engage india in a full scale war????
i dont they even have guts to face indian thats why they try to occupy indian areas disguising as terrorists.....as the cowards did in kargil....and dont talk of nuclear missiles...we got more and better than you.........

for the last line about that defensive .....enemy territory......

just had something for you

"The PAF almost exclusively flew defensive sorties with 61.5% of the overall effort and up to
70% excluding bomber, transport and recce sorties, being purely DCA sorties. The IAF in contrast, flew
an almost completely offensive air campaign ( 65.5% according to a serving PAF author or up to 80%
according to Indian sources ), exposing themselves much more to enemy fire under low fuel states which
made engagement of patrolling aircraft very difficult. Whatever the real statistics are, it is quite clear that
the IAF won the air war of 1971 and high level Pakistani Army sources are now starting to
acknowledge the same at some level or the other, despite what the PAF claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom