India again tries to Ignite Jiye Sindh

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jiye Sindh to get boost from Benazir’s killing’

* Gujarat CM’s remarks seen as cross-border support to secessionism in Sindh

NEW DELHI: Indian Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday sought to prick the Pakistani government by hailing the underground secessionist Jiye Sindh as an independence struggle and claiming that it would get fillip from former premier Benazir Bhutto’s assassination.

Raking up the Jiye Sindh Movement at this moment runs contrary to his own Bhartiya Janata Party’s full agreement with the Indian government only a day earlier that India should do nothing to create more trouble for Pakistan lest it spills over in India.

In Pakistan, the Jiye Sindh movement is seen as a parallel to the militancy in Jammu and Kashmir and the Indian agencies are accused of fuelling and supporting this extremist group on the same lines on which India accuses Pakistan of promoting the Kashmir militancy by pursuing a cross-border terrorism policy. Modi, who wanted to speed back to the airport after consulting the central BJP leaders on his ministry formation and a courtesy call on former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, was stopped outside the latter’s residence by reporters for interaction.

Explaining purpose of his trip to Delhi, he seized the opportunity to speak about the assassination of Benazir Bhutto to slip in hints of the Jiye Movement gaining ground in the Sindh region across Gujarat’s border.

“And yes, I want to say one thing more. I want to express my sorrow and anguish at the killing of Benazir Bhutto. This rise of terrorism in Pakistan is a cause of concern for all anywhere in the world. The whole humanity should sit up and ponder over how to fight terrorism collectively,” he said.

He went on to elaborate Gujarat’s “special relationship” with the slain leader. “We Gujaratis had a very special and distinct relationship with Benazir. Her grandfather was the Diwan of Junagadh and her father and other members of her family spent some years in Gujarat,” he said. “The Jiye Sindh movement has always been very strong, and this assassination will further fuel and strengthen it,” he added.

Over the past many years, Indian intelligence agencies are accused of aiding and abetting the movement. The government has, however, asked them a couple of weeks ago to better lie low and do nothing that fuels any kind of trouble in Pakistan that is already battling with the terrorists indulging in continuous violence.

Controversial remarks: Modi’s remarks are, therefore, seen in the diplomatic circles here as a cross-border support to secessionism in the Sindh province.

His party, BJP, has always decried anybody calling the Kashmir militancy as an independence struggle and hence his attempt to glorify the Jiye Sindh movement as aimed at independence of Sindh is bound to get a retort from the Pakistan government.

The political observers wondered if he were hinting at India backing the Sindh separatists alike Pakistan’s support to the Kashmiri militants if the BJP comes to power in Delhi in the next elections in 2009. iftikhar gilani

Home | National

------------------
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

That Terrorist Modi is now poking his nose into our affairs.

What scum of the earth Indians has elected again.

Terrible. When will India learn not to support terrorist movements in foreign countries. Even their government ministers admit it. Terrible.

Terrible. When will India learn not to support terrorist movements in foreign countries. Even their government ministers admit it. Terrible.

Well they are trying to contain China and it would be much better if they concentrate on that front but alas no matter what happens they are always looking for opportunities to break Pakistan.

This mentality realy will lead them no where its for sure.

Supose they succeed in doing so than what comes next?.

They will face the same situation at hands of more powerful countries

Jana, but where does this report say anythg about Modi supporting any organization actively.

He said and I quote "The Jiye Sindh movement has always been very strong, and this assassination will further fuel and strengthen it".

And he is a state CM and doesn't even decide the national policy. So the extrapolation of this statement is extraordinary to say the least!

Besides the comment, everything else is the opinion and extrapolation of the esteemed reporter.

Jana, but where does this report say anythg about Modi supporting any organization actively.

He said and I quote "The Jiye Sindh movement has always been very strong, and this assassination will further fuel and strengthen it".

And he is a state CM and doesn't even decide the national policy. So the extrapolation of this statement is extraordinary to say the least!

Bingo !!! Modi is a state chief minister he was giving his own views,

Now why someone here is fanning about the movement ?

Most of us are not even aware of such movement.

Hardly surprising indeed, after Kashmir and Balochistan they're now after Sindh.
Benazir and Rajiv reached an agreement to end Pakistan's support for Khalistan, it can still be revived if needed. :sniper:

Neo, but do you feel this report is anything but scare mongering and personal opinions of a reporter?

I am not aware of the movement and it's history but is this report all we have to go by as a proof that India is up to mischief?

Mate,

When it comes to Indian interference in our internal affairs I remain sceptic.
India co founded BLA and she's still supprting it. We have to take this claim seriously.

Hardly surprising indeed, after Kashmir and Balochistan they're now after Sindh.
Benazir and Bhutto reached an agreement to end Pakistan's support for Khalistan, it can still be revived if needed. :sniper:

Neo Why does it matter what Modi utters ? Does he matter to Pakistan?
I did'nt read about Modi supporting such movement in the above article.

Lots of leaders from Pakistan itself are uttering nonsense which are much more damaging.

No doubts. I just find this report a bit underwhelming as any kind of proof. ;)

Vinod and other indians well yes it does matter as first of all Jiye Sindh was never a strong movment and in the past it was funded and supported by India and now as no one is talking about any such thing the only moroons we can find is Modi and his likes who by giving such terrorist statements are trying to creat problem for Pakistan.

Further more he is the CM of Indian state hence he should not poke his nose into our affairs.

But india will remain Pakistan centric no doubt.

Bingo !!! Modi is a state chief minister he was giving his own views,

Now why someone here is fanning about the movement ?

Most of us are not even aware of such movement.

Goodperson Modi is the CM of Gujrat and Gujrat borders Sindh.

Goodperson Modi is the CM of Gujrat and Gujrat borders Sindh.

So ? Gujrat is in India and Sindh is in Pakistan, Does Modi' utterances matter in Sindh ? I did not even see any leader or Media in Pakistan coming out against Modi. Prove me if I am wrong since you yourself claim to be Journalist.

Back
Top Bottom