What's new

'India: a spiritually diverse yet integrated nation' Ambassador Roemer

You did not pay attention; I said PAGAN ... you think turkey is a pagan country ?

Second ever since Indira came up with this flawed statement about 2 nation theory every little baby indian has been yapping it.

Bangladesh made a decision to part ways with Pakistan, for N number of reason
it still did not join India !

THAT PROVES THE TWO NATION THEORY !

you can say that there are 2.5 nations or 3 nations but the Congress lie of ONE nation has gone down the crapper.

2.5 nations?? How does that work?

This has nothing to do with the thread my dear friend.This thread is about the secular credentials of my country which are being laughed at on this forum.We are serious about secularism and i wish that people would just stop acting as though secularism is a bad disease.For the things you have mentioned below,i can go on and on about your non state actors,what purpose would that serve?

sure, no problem with that;

stop fiddling with the rivers
stop putting your nose when it doesn't belong
stop hosting Israel against us

and we are good; is THAT too much to ask ?

I hope you can spread your good will in quarters of your government also.

This has nothing to do with the thread my dear friend.This thread is about the secular credentials of my country which are being laughed at on this forum.We are serious about secularism and i wish that people would just stop acting as though secularism is a bad disease.For the things you have mentioned below,i can go on and on about your non state actors,what purpose would that serve?

Well then celebrating ganesha is not secularism but hindusim. Celebrating eid in Islamism. There is no such thing as true secularism because the majority will always impose its ways. Even the god fathers of secularism US of A celebrates Christmas, thanks giving, halloweeen, saints this day and saints that day which are all Christian celebrations.

Hindu ideals forcefully being imposed on minorities do not qualify as secularism.

Oh I am not debating your secularism; please be free to exercise what you deem fit.

All I am pointing out was the facts quoted as "Indian Muslim" amalgamation were incorrect.

Praying 5 times a day, fasting one month a year may constitute to Secularism but not Islam.

So me merry with Indian "self proclaimed muslims but really are not" .

what has given you the idea that secularism means not celebrating festivals?Secularism mean peaceful co existence,or atleast making an attempt to live peacefully with one and all irrespective of differences. secularism means equal rights to everybody and you can fight for your rights if required.If anything is forced,it is not called as secularism ,i agree but this statement needs to be proven.Prove to me that Hindu ideals are forced on minorities.

Well then celebrating ganesha is not secularism but hindusim. Celebrating eid in Islamism. There is no such thing as true secularism because the majority will always impose its ways. Even the god fathers of secularism US of A celebrates Christmas, thanks giving, halloweeen, saints this day and saints that day which are all Christian celebrations.

Hindu ideals forcefully being imposed on minorities do not qualify as secularism.

Impose? No one forces Muslims/Sikhs/Parsis/Jains/Buddhists/Christians to celebrate Holi or Diwali. Even in the US - you are not forced to send your kids out on Halloween to go trick or treating. But kids of all faiths do it anyway. What do you expect the US of A to celebrate if not Christmas - do you expect it to celebrate Eid?

I am also not debating your right to be called the "real"Islamic state.If you wish to call other Muslims as mushriks or munafiq ,that is your prerogative.India has always been a melting pot,and shall always be one.Living in denial does not change facts.
Oh I am not debating your secularism; please be free to exercise what you deem fit.

All I am pointing out was the facts quoted as "Indian Muslim" amalgamation were incorrect.

Praying 5 times a day, fasting one month a year may constitute to Secularism but not Islam.

So me merry with Indian "self proclaimed muslims but really are not" .

^^^
As I have said before;

Let us keep it at that; you be what you are, and we will be what we are.

@bozo... there is a fundamental difference in our upbringing if you compare India and Pakistan... and that I believe is the source of your argument... we have grown in a melting pot of different religions and cultures and hence developed this sense of celebrating religious holidays irrespective of our religion... I remember as a kid we used to celebrate Eid with our friends.. of course it didn't involve going to the Mosque... but then we were always a part of the lovely celebrations on the occasion of Eid... it is a hard thing for you to understand ... just chill and Eid Mubarak to you all!

i have a small question here if idol worship is prohibited in Islam why is that all Muslims pray in the direction of Kaaba(mecca) .. if god is every then why one must pray only in the direction of mecca.. does it not symbolizes as idol worship(is am not asking sarcastically... i just wanted to know why is it done that way)
yesterday i was watching video about Kaaba.. why is that only royal family is allowed to enter into Kaaba.. does it not follows same practice that is used in my country which discriminates people on different caste in temples.

^^^
i will appreciate it if some can pm me the authentic links which helps me finding the above answers..
thank:cheers: you.

Celebrating Ganesha Chaturthi is a part of Hindu way of life.Celebrating Eid is Islamism.Secularism is all about doing all these without getting on each other's way...Hope you get the point.

Mappillapattu—a genre of song popular among the Muslims belonging to Kerala and Lakshadweep—has incorporated some episodes from the Ramayana into its songs. These songs, known as Mappila Ramayana, have been handed down from one generation to the next orally.[53] In Mappila Ramayana, the story of the Ramayana has been changed into that of a sultan, and there are no major changes in the names of characters except for that of Rama which is `Laman' in many places. The language and the imagery projected in the Mappilapattu are in accordance with the social fabric of the earlier Muslim community.[53]

The festival also offered opportunities for discovery. The Muslim Ramayana from Kerala or the Mapilla Ramayana as it is known, existed as an oral text till it was collected by Malayalam scholar and writer M.N. Karassery in 1960.

The Hindu : Arts : Many visions of the Ramayana
Ramayana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a Christian. During Christmas and Easter, my Hindu and Muslim neighbours and friends always used to come to my place to celebrate with our family. Who forced those majority Hindus to come to my house and celebrate? There is something in India which those living outside wont understand.

Back
Top Bottom