What's new

India: a global hub for warship building

there are , there are a lot of poor people. for that reason, we never:

1. operate any aircraft carrier.
2. buy hundreds of russian fighters.
3. buy thousands of russian tanks.
But spend 78-150 b$ in defence ... oops, did you miss your logic somewhere?

Dude, if you have read it before. You should spend time reading how J-10 is a copy of Su-27 (with ToT and reverse engineered), how China planes to buy about 250 Su-30 MKK, how China is trying to build an aircraft carrier for last couple of years, etc. Before living in bubble word, look outside.

China may build indigineous planes (with engines imported from Russia) and tanks but nowhere other than this forum it is known for quality. It is only acquired by countries that either cannot get better imported statecrafts or cannot afford to.

China hosts about 2 million army with reasonable power projection based on army, but its navy and air force is really a joke. Other than propogonda some in here post, there is a zilch of evidence of any quality material coming from there.

the strength of india and China was on a comparable level in the 1950s and 1960s. We then had a big mistake and had that 10 years long culture revolution, almost destroyed the whole nation.

but as of today, the end of 2009, our economy is 3 times of yours. why?

opened up later than us? oh, then we even do not have the open up, as of today, Chinese can't buy foreign shares, foreigners can't buy Chinese shares.

No dude, here you are wrong again. Read what you can get, I know it might be difficult to find materials, but that should help.

China opened its economy ie. started free trade with a manipulated currency practice. When some one says China is open for trade, that does mean Chinese have freedom to buy foreign share or foreigners have freedom to move within the state without getting visa and permission to visit each state/place.

China is tight-lipped, tightly run govt where the govt is obsessed on controlling any media that dares to put any bad news going in China. It is investing so heavily on internet firewall, just in case, any one would tweet or post a youtube video. Wonder why all anti-Chinese videos and torture on people are banned. Oops, may you missed that too!

The other country that was a superpower at one time fell to ground only to notice "real backwards" going on in that country. When time will come, this communist regime will fall and truth will out!

your fake democracy is killing your nation.

Better be careful on what you speak against China? You could get shot and even your neighbors wont know it. The rest will run away. If you write an op-ed article on the internet, you could jailed for 15 years. If you take any pictures not approved by your communist regime, you could jailed and never be heard.

So be very careful and enjoy your freedom what you have - I mean what is left there? :yahoo:

The key lies in the balance. As a far poorer nation, India has disporpotionally spent much more in arming herself to the teeth, and will continue to do so than it should, in order to punch above her weight. It's your own ppl who has been paying the price of few warmonger Indians!

Warmonger Chinese...hmm...
war with Vietnam, with Russia, with India... armed occupation of Tibet, armed occupaation of Xinxiang, Threatening Vietnam with thousands of missiles and declared to take it by force if necessary.....INTERESTING..

OTHER PROOF:

India defence spending $30bn

China gdp approx 3 times India
CHINA DEFENCE SPENDING $150-200bn

SO chinese defence spending 6-8 times India...
that is what is called disproportionate my buddy....

that is why there is more severe poverty in China than India... but u hide u so well by keeping ur poverty line as some $65-70 per year whereas India has kept its poverty line at below $365 per year....

wake up from your dream and stop wasting money on ur defence and use it to provide bssic life facilities to ur poor ppl.....or else Chinese govt will pay heavily for this exploitation of its ppl....stop being in a defence race with Russia, US and India...

Last edited:
The key lies in the balance. As a far poorer nation, India has disporpotionally spent much more in arming herself to the teeth, and will continue to do so than it should, in order to punch above her weight. It's your own ppl who has been paying the price of few warmonger Indians!

There is a no point in any self-comparison. Even the poorest nation on earth has imporved a lot comparied to itself from decades ago. That doesn't give any confidence to outsiders cuz it's still the poorest. It is peer-comparison that matters. You Indians can keep feeding yourselves with your own self-glorified propangandas, still, while India grows stronger, other countries grow even far stronger!
Well as far as dispropotional spending in concerned then the defence budget of india as a propotion of its GDP is 2.5 percent of its GDP while China's is 2.2 .

In PPP terms India's budget is half that of PRC and out of the 10 biggest spenders on defense India is ranked 10th while China is 2nd.
List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May I add that these analysis is on a very conservative basis for China's defense budget which most people keep at around 150 billions.

If you sketch a chart of the growth of peer nations such as France , Germany , UK , Japan,China & U.S.A over the last century.you will understand what I was talking about. In PPP terms India is the 4th largest in GDP which it clearly wasnt in the late 1990's.

You suggested me to try a sofa.. now that I have given something for you to ponder about may I suggest you to try to use a little Wiki before exonerating others and getting humbled in the process.

Even now , if there is any lack of conviction or that you dont agree to what I say then we can have further debate.

...crap removed...

OTHER PROOF:

India defence spending $30bn

China gdp approx 3 times India
CHINA DEFENCE SPENDING $150-200bn

SO chinese defence spending 6-8 times India...
that is what is called disproportionate my buddy....

that is why there is more severe poverty in China than India... but u hide u so well by keeping ur poverty line as some $65-70 per year whereas India has kept its poverty line at below $365 per year....

...bold crap removed...

don't forget China is 3 times bigger than India in size so she needs more spending on defence.
i don't know what on other chinese mind but i would call it disproportionate if China spend much on defence but has many ppl starving to death;has shitty infrastructures;lowest public health spendings;handful Olympics medals...etc
i was shock to hear that many Indian want to buy the UK AC which even UK cannot afford to have it...isn't this alarming enough?
also pls provide any data to back up your claim that China has more poverty than India. Pls don't quote BR or wiki, preferably UN statistic data.

warship building hub? what a huge propaganda.

China is completing 2-3 modern warships such as 052c and 054a a year, plus multiple subs during the past few years, tell me what's india's output?

Please no troll, let's talk about numbers that can be verified by everyone.

Yes it makes sense; because your "warships" are not aircraft carriers that displace 42,000 tonns.

Btw, which design did you guys copy off for building the 052c and the 054a you mentioned? :cheers:

You've never built anything as big as India's building in your life for your navy. Varyzag you bought from Russia..... which you will soon copy and create your own chain =) then tell of us Indians "ha look at our aircraft carrier suckers.... what use, yours still in development"

Don't your parents tell you copying is a bad thing?

Yes it makes sense; because your "warships" are not aircraft carriers that displace 42,000 tonns.

Btw, which design did you guys copy off for building the 052c and the 054a you mentioned? :cheers:

You've never built anything as big as India's building in your life for your navy. Varyzag you bought from Russia..... which you will soon copy and create your own chain =) then tell of us Indians "ha look at our aircraft carrier suckers.... what use, yours still in development"

Don't your parents tell you copying is a bad thing?

Did your parents tell you copying is bad, but trying to copy and end

up with a failure was even worst ?

The Indian armed forces had been equipped with an unlicensed reverse-engineered copy of the famous Belgian FN FAL rifle since the 1950s. This copy is considered to be a distinct weapon (although certainly not an original design), since its parts cannot be interchanged with either the metric or inch-pattern versions of the FAL :smitten::pakistan::china:
INSAS rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. If Indians can't even able to produce a decent rifle for 50 years +

A global hub for warship building will be nothing more than a wet

dream. :smitten::pakistan::china:

:smokin:

it is just funny that indian keep telling me they can build aircraft carrier when they even couldn't finish the LCA/Arjun.

please, please, please, just use some common sense.

:smokin:

it is just funny that indian keep telling me they can build aircraft carrier when they even couldn't finish the LCA/Arjun.

please, please, please, just use some common sense.

Back at you =)
how does LCA/Arjun relate anything with India's shipyards?
Funny, i never knew that LCA, Arjun and Vikrant Aircraft carriers are sisters of each other.

Think with some sense please.

Did your parents tell you copying is bad, but trying to copy and end

up with a failure was even worst ?

The Indian armed forces had been equipped with an unlicensed reverse-engineered copy of the famous Belgian FN FAL rifle since the 1950s. This copy is considered to be a distinct weapon (although certainly not an original design), since its parts cannot be interchanged with either the metric or inch-pattern versions of the FAL :smitten::pakistan::china:
INSAS rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia`

P.S. If Indians can't even able to produce a decent rifle for 50 years +

A global hub for warship building will be nothing more than a wet

dream. :smitten::pakistan::china:

All you're saying is "Indians are bad at copying"
why thank you, we don't have centuries of experience copying like you guys do.

And India's capacity to produce rifles will effect it's capacity in producing very much doesn't it.

And even if Arjun was a failure in your minds... and LCA was.. we Indians see progression in the future because we didn't copy and reframe Mig's and T-70's.

We're doing it indigenously.... it will take another 100 years. But what loss is there? Save your laughs for when the world's at war. Time is what India has... we will go at our pace. Talk to me when you make something of your own. Own, without copying anyone else.

then show me where is your aircraft designed and built in india.
then show me the aircraft that you are going to use on that AC.
show me the radar of that AC?
show me the sonar of that AC?
show me the engine of that AC?

you have nothing on hand.

Vikrant class aircraft carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sonar, Radar...... lets not go there yet. It's being "Built" first. Not even at assembling stage. Wait 2 years and you'll know.

could you please stop day dreaming? everything about your lovely vikrant AC is on paper ONLY. the "global hub for warship building" still couldn't build any sonar/radar/engine for warships?

let me tell you the truth -- india even could not build the fire control computer on those warships, the main gun is also another issue, not to mention the 710 style gun used on 054a/052c.

show me something that you have on hand, or please just walk away.

Back at you =)
how does LCA/Arjun relate anything with India's shipyards?
Funny, i never knew that LCA, Arjun and Vikrant Aircraft carriers are sisters of each other.

Think with some sense please.

All you're saying is "Indians are bad at copying"
why thank you, we don't have centuries of experience copying like you guys do.

And India's capacity to produce rifles will effect it's capacity in producing very much doesn't it.

Plain simple, It proved Indians industrial base sucks, not you don't

want to copy, but you simply don't have the ability to copy period.

Don't even get me started with your so-called indigenous warship,

with all the foreign help, more than 50% imported parts, still delays

after delays "priceless":smitten::pakistan::china:

BTW, welcome back.

Plain simple, It proved Indians industrial base sucks, not you don't

want to copy, but you simply don't have the ability to copy period.

Don't even get me started with your so-called indigenous warship,

with all the foreign help, more than 50% imported parts, still delays

after delays "priceless":smitten::pakistan::china:

BTW, welcome back.

thank you
yes, foreign Help.

^^

Back
Top Bottom