What's new

India a Country of Hindus and of Their Descendants - Dr. Swamy

You can continue in your worship of cartel of thugs that make up for Indologists in Harvard. They are on their way out.

Just in 1 thread in skyscrapercity, I have seen 6-7 large mosques built out of stones from the temples destroyed.
You better stick to Ajit Vadakyil blogs and sky scrapper forums for understanding Indian history.

Mr I also met Indians from AP during my college times.They
told us directly oppposite to what you are talking here.
Like I said patd traitors emotion dont gonna change ground reality.You can see a few fractions inhere TN or Kerala that hate India so what.
Live in your delusions mr.Chinese will stayin the same place now where they are .
So chill out idiot.
You sure they were not playing to the crowd,just to get by?;)Because these same people will have quite different opinions back home.Even I would swear by patriotism when in mainland..no reason to invite trouble in a land that is fucked up as it is..where people kill each other over petty things..where human life is so cheap.
Arunachalis have very special words to describe mainlanders..you know."Hareng saala/kutta" being one of them.Used by the nyishis..translated loosely as "mainlander bastard/dog".I think you will recognise "saala".Borrowed from you guys..to describe you..:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The retard under delusions is you and your ilk, who think we NE or even AP love you mainlanders:haha:

You better stick to Ajit Vadakyil blogs and sky scrapper forums for understanding Indian history.

It can be surprising to you that some of us do not like to be spoon fed false information from Harvard. I will follow my intuition and observation and learn from many many sources.

xpabkm.jpg

Chaurasi Khamba mosque, Kaman, Rajasthan
Copyright varunshiv@flickr

ke813c.jpg

2vjajih.jpg

2v155qe.jpg

25aukvs.jpg

2wmkfmp.jpg

This is called irrefutable authentic finding. Not the chicanery you are so fond of.

You sure they were not playing to the crowd,just to get by?;)Because these same people will have quite different opinions back home.Even I would swear by patriotism when in mainland..no reason to invite trouble in a land that is fucked up as it is..where people kill each other over petty things..where human life is so cheap.
Arunachalis have very special words to describe mainlanders..you know."Hareng saala/kutta" being one of them.Used by the nyishis..translated loosely as "mainlander bastard/dog".I think you will recognise "saala".Borrowed from you guys..to describe you..:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The retard under delusions is you and your ilk, who think we NE or even AP love you mainlanders:haha:

Well I dont think so.Because he was one of my best friend.And he already mentioned about peoples like you in AP.Well I agree with that .Because we can see such people in here kerala or TN .But that doesnt gonna change the fact.
Haters gonna hate.But India is still here.
A few fractions of traitors or cheerleaders of other nations in thee 125 crore is not that big deal.
And who are you talk on the behalf of entire AP?
Different peooles ,different opinions .So you cant think that your opinion is the general opinion of entire AP.
That is why Kiren Rijiju is now become the homeminister in of India.He already ordered for new Indo China border project.
So chill out cheerleader.

Eaton has always agreed with the fact that temples had been destructed. The only thing he contested is the number of temples destructed. What he says is there is concrete evidence for only 80 not 60,000. It might be a subject to debate but going by Eaton's way of understanding Indo-Islamic history that he mastered for the last 25 years, I find little reason to disbelieve him as of now.
If some better methodology comes up refuting what he says, I am ready to go through it. But at present the points he has raised is difficult to refute.

From one of my posts elsewhere.

The first recorded temple destruction by Aurangzeb was when he was a prince of 17. He demolished (On Shah Jahan's orders) the great temple built by Bir Singh at Orchha and erected a mosque at that very site. Ten years later, when he was governor of Gujarat he himself said that he had temples destroyed "by my order". In the deccan, during his second governorship, he boasted of destroying a hill top temple near Aurangabad. During this time, he also had a brahmin revenue officer Chhabila Ram beheaded for supposedly uttering improper words with reference to the prophet & justified it by saying "It's proper for all Muslims to do their utmost to assert the rules of the prophet's religion".

During the first decade of his reign while he was still consolidating, he made no major moves against Hindus except for demolitions of temple now & then and issued orders that while new temples should not be allowed & should be destroyed, older temples must be left alone. That situation changed in 1668, when he decided to take a far more hardline approach because he deemed the continued proliferation & prosperity of Hindus even after 500 years of Muslim rule as an intolerable affront to the true faith and he decided it was his imperative obligation to harass Hindus. In 1669, he issued orders to all Governors to "destroy with a willing hand the schools & temples of the infidels and they were strictly enjoined to put an entire stop to the teachings & practicing of idolatrous forms of worship" (Mustaid Khan). It was then that the temple of Somnath, the Vishwanath temple at Varanasi, the great Keshave Rai temple at Mathura were all demolished among many others. In 1670, all temples around Ujjain were demolished, a decade later, temples were destroyed across Rajasthan beginning with Jodhpur from where "several cartloads of idols were taken to delhi to be cast in the quadrangle of the court & under the steps of the Jama Masjid for being trodden upon" (Mustaid Khan) Around this time over 300 temples were destroyed in and around Chitor, Udaipur & Jaipur. In 1687 aurangzeb ordered temples in Golconda to be destroyed, in 1698 the temples in Bijapur.

Even in his last decade, he wrote to the royal officers in Gujarat " The temples of Somnath was destroyed early in my reign....It is not known what the state of things there is at present. If the idolators have again taken to worship of images at the place, then destroy the temple in such a way that no trace of the building may be left & also expel them from the place"

The akbarat of 11th January 1705 (two years before aurangzeb's death) recorded that " The Emperor... ordered..to demolish the temple of Pandharpur, and to take the butchers of the camp there & slaughter cows in the temple....It was done"

This was in the life of just one ruler. One can argue that these are exaggerated accounts by court chroniclers but these records exist. There are records of Jahangir & Shah Jahan too ordering temple demolitions, even if only on a whim and very occasionally. Add up all the rulers all over the place, add it up with evidence of existing structures like the one near qutub minar, I find the idea that only 80 temples being destroyed odd.. In any case, what logic can exist to suggest that destroying 80 temples is okay but more aren't? While it may be correct that the claim for thousands of temples having been destroyed is an exaggeration, there is nothing to suggest that the numbers were few or limited, especially when you consider the number of external invasions that took place. By Eaton's logic, we might end up arguing that only a couple of thousands died in the Holocaust (exaggerations both ways but real figure would be a high number).

Go get a life ..Thousands of politicians say different kind of things India....What do you do to save minorities in Pakistan?What about they tortured publicly?First criticize your rulers.It doesn't happen in India whether Swamy says or not.Have you create any thread about Muslims attacking Hindus in UP,West Bengal,Assam.The reality is far beyond theory..Don't need to think about that...We will get with it as we do whole the time without any violence...

India is mostly known for Hinduism...
What a strange thinking, India before Mughals came was devided into small states Mughals brought some of those warring states together and every Raja hated the other Raja, proof is in Indian history, if you know it, even in Hindu scripture it was a war between differant Rajas trying to kidnap others wives or kill others family or even lost their wives gambling. So now you know the truth and come down from you high horse.

Hindustan name came from Sindhi calling inhabitants of that area as sindhu etc etc.

Well I dont think so.Because he was one of my best friend.And he already mentioned about peoples like you in AP.Well I agree with that .Because we can see such people in here kerala or TN .But that doesnt gonna change the fact.
Haters gonna hate.But India is still here.
A few fractions of traitors or cheerleaders of other nations in thee 125 crore is not that big deal.
And who are you talk on the behalf of entire AP?
Different peooles ,different opinions .So you cant think that your opinion is the general opinion of entire AP.
That is why Kiren Rijiju is now become the homeminister in of India.He already ordered for new Indo China border project.
So chill out cheerleader.
Oh now you say,"I already knew" meanwhile all you could say before was ,"Real Arunachalis don't think like you at all"
Sure he meant it..for us blood is thicker than water..especially friendship with a mainlander.A few?Almost entire NE dislikes mainlanders.You can live under your delusions that NE loves India and can't bear the thought of separation.Reality is a hard tea to swallow I guess.

Oh now you say,"I already knew" meanwhile all you could say before was ,"Real Arunachalis don't think like you at all"
Sure he meant it..for us blood is thicker than water..especially friendship with a mainlander.A few?Almost entire NE dislikes mainlanders.You can live under your delusions that NE loves India and can't bear the thought of separation.Reality is a hard tea to swallow I guess.

Really???
I already asked who are you to talk on the behalf of AP or NE?their spokesperson?
You are one who being in delusions like a frog in a dirty well.World is like sea mr.

Modi must discipline his party members. He might be a man of wise words, but this is not the case for his other party members. Such statements are detrimental for security of minorities in India.

Modi must discipline his party members. He might be a man of wise words, but this is not the case for his other party members. Such statements are detrimental for security of minorities in India.

Security of minorities? Did you see the kind of talks that minority Voltaire is doing? I would rather the state puts its boot on his face than be concerned about his sensibilities.

your rhetorical talk and ignorance of history is astounding,
it seems i was right in assuming you to be a ignorant disgruntled teenager
do you, by any chance, want to say non tribal people of assam are not ethnic assamese?

This was in the life of just one ruler. One can argue that these are exaggerated accounts by court chroniclers but these records exist. There are records of Jahangir & Shah Jahan too ordering temple demolitions, even if only on a whim and very occasionally. Add up all the rulers all over the place, add it up with evidence of existing structures like the one near qutub minar, I find the idea that only 80 temples being destroyed odd.. In any case, what logic can exist to suggest that destroying 80 temples is okay but more aren't? While it may be correct that the claim for thousands of temples having been destroyed is an exaggeration, there is nothing to suggest that the numbers were few or limited, especially when you consider the number of external invasions that took place. By Eaton's logic, we might end up arguing that only a couple of thousands died in the Holocaust (exaggerations both ways but real figure would be a high number).

I think a bit of clarification is needed here regarding Eaton’s remark about the number of temple destroyed. This is what Eaton exactly says..

Nonetheless, by relying strictly on evidence found in contemporary or near-contemporary epigraphic and literary sources spanning a period of more than five centuries (1192-1729), one may identify eighty instances of temple desecration whose historicity appears reasonably certain. Although this figure falls well short of the 60,000 claimed by some Hindu nationalists,a review of these data suggests several broad patterns.

Now, whatever his observation that followed is based upon these eighty authentic cases of temple desecration. He is not clearly denying that the number cannot be more; instead he is more interested in building up his other arguments (such as the reason behind the destruction of temples) based upon these eighty authentic data. How he got that number is in fact a subject of query but this is exactly what he says. I also agree that this number can be (or must be) more but it is going to be much lesser than that being claimed by the other set of Historians.

It can be surprising to you that some of us do not like to be spoon fed false information from Harvard. I will follow my intuition and observation and learn from many many sources.

xpabkm.jpg

Chaurasi Khamba mosque, Kaman, Rajasthan
Copyright varunshiv@flickr

ke813c.jpg

2vjajih.jpg

2v155qe.jpg

25aukvs.jpg

2wmkfmp.jpg

This is called irrefutable authentic finding. Not the chicanery you are so fond of.

One visit to Mathura and the temple there will give you the idea... I been there and was surprised.....

One visit to Mathura and the temple there will give you the idea... I been there and was surprised.....
Temples whether desecrated or not was never in question. The questions were i) is this kind of act was unprecedented in India? and ii)what was the reason behind such act both in pre Islamic and post Islamic era and iii)number of such cases as claimed by both sides. It is the neo-historian's desire to twist the course of discussion into that direction.

Really???
I already asked who are you to talk on the behalf of AP or NE?their spokesperson?
You are one who being in delusions like a frog in a dirty well.World is like sea mr.
Pathetic to be honest.My views are shared by most in NE and AP..albeit they are even more hostile to say.So in a way yes my opinion can be taken as far more reliable than you who pulls figures of tens of millions of NE migrants in Kerala alone when total pop. of NE is 40 mill or so_One who doesn't have any idea of North east and AP in particular.
If you really believe whar you say..get out of your village well and meet some real NE people in NE.Preferably in AP,Mizoram,nagaland and co.these states hardly consider themself "Indian" in the sense you do.
I guess all the filth in mainland turns some of mainlanders brains into filth as well.
your rhetorical talk and ignorance of history is astounding,
it seems i was right in assuming you to be a ignorant disgruntled teenager
do you, by any chance, want to say non tribal people of assam are not ethnic assamese?
May you be kind enough to point out which historical facts I am unaware of?An idiot like you who thinks outsiders can be seen as natives is just laughable.
Why not ask your supposed assamese brethren if outsiders can be seen as assamese?Maybe you are a descendant of a migrant desperately wanting to be an "assamese".

Back
Top Bottom