What's new

Incursions in Ladakh, a prelude a coming war with China, says analyst Bhara

In 1960, Zhou Enlai unofficially suggested that India drop its claims to Aksai Chin in return for a Chinese withdrawal of claims over NEFA. Adhering to his stated position, Nehru believed that China did not have a legitimate claim over either of these territories, and thus was not ready to concede them.

LOL, so even according to you, Nehru REJECTED Zhou Enlai's peaceful solution to the problem, i.e. a territory swap. :lol:

And he instead went for the Forward Policy.

Why? Because China was in the middle of the worst famine in our history. We were weak and collapsing from starvation, and he thought he could have both territories for free without a fight.

He miscalculated big time.

LOL, so even according to you, Nehru REJECTED Zhou Enlai's peaceful solution to the problem, i.e. a territory swap. :lol:

And he instead went for the Forward Policy.

Why? Because China was in the middle of the worst famine in our history. We were weak and collapsing from starvation, and he thought he could have both territories for free without a fight.

He miscalculated big time.

:lol: why should he agree to swap when akshai Chin is our territory. Both Akshai Chin and AP is our territory. What did China bring on Table? Nothing.

Let us grab Tibet and then we will claim Zinxiang and propose a PEACEFUL solution to accept Tibet as part of India for Xinxiang.

But why did the SUPPOSED FRIEND FOR CENTURIES China encroach into Akshai Chin and grabbed it forcefully suddenly. but while grabbing Tibet the peaceful and deceitful China had no problems with Indian territories.

:lol: why should he agree to swap when akshai Chin is our territory. Both Akshai Chi and AP is our territory. What did China bring on Table? Nothing.

Let us grab Tibet and then we will claim Zinxiang and propose a PEACEFUL solution to accept Tibet as part of India for Xinxiang.

So we both agree then.

It was India who refused to negotiate. We were willing to swap recognition of Aksai Chin for recognition of AP, which would have been a peaceful solution.

India rejected that offer, and instead went with the Forward Policy, which was the direct trigger for the Sino-Indian War.

It was India who rejected the peaceful solution here, and went with an aggressive Forward Policy.

So we both agree then.

It was India who refused to negotiate. We were willing to swap recognition of Aksai Chin for recognition of AP, which would have been a peaceful solution.

India rejected that offer, and instead went with the Forward Policy, which was the direct trigger for the Sino-Indian War.

It was India who rejected the peaceful solution here, and went with an aggressive Forward Policy.

It was not a peaceful offer. It was a blackmail.

Both AP and Akshai Chin are Indian territories. The claim on AP was engineered to blackmail India out of Akshai Chin.

If China had not entered into Akshai Chin deceitfully and rather used diplomacy to gain transit facility from India, that would have been ideal. India would have readily given transit to China. China would not gain a enemy and harm the centuries old friendship.

But China played the dice too bad, and spoiled the chance to have one of the best relations in world. That was an extremely greedy and miscalculated step by China.

The trigger for war was the land grab by China. But as often with China, when China acts aggressively and other side accepts then its fine. but when Nehru tried to do 1/1000th of aggression of China, Chinese govt. went into hysteria and thrust a war on India. China continued its aggression towards India from 1950s to 1960s.

So if China does it, its their right, when India does its calamitous. that's what happened. Nehru was naive not to see through the real intentions of Zhao.

Instead of China attacking India, it should have been India attacking China when China entered Akshai Chin for first time. But for stupid Nehru and his desire for friendship with someone who had no intentions of friendship.

It was not a peaceful offer. It was a blackmail.

Both AP and Akshai Chin are Indian territories. The claim on AP was engineered to blackmail India out of Akshai Chin.

If China had not entered into Akshai Chin deceitfully and rather used diplomacy to gain transit facility from India, that would have been ideal. India would have readily given transit to China. China would not gain a enemy and harm the centuries old friendship.

But China played the dice too bad, and spoiled the chance to have one of the best relations in world. That was an extremely greedy and miscalculated step by China.

If you didn't want to accept the peaceful offer of a swap, then don't accept it.

But why start the aggressive Forward Policy at the same time?

And centuries old friendship, don't make me laugh. China had state-to-state relations with many countries, but India back then was not a state but rather just a region. We dealt with individual Kingdoms in the subcontinent, like everyone else.

If you didn't want to accept the peaceful offer of a swap, then don't accept it.

But why start the aggressive Forward Policy at the same time?

And centuries old friendship, don't make me laugh. China had state-to-state relations with many countries, but India back then was not a state but rather just a region. We dealt with individual Kingdoms in the subcontinent, like everyone else.

What aggressive policy? Aggression is not the UN given right of China alone. Others can also exercise it. China continued its aggression against India from 1950s to 1960s. So nothing wrong in a small payback.

But compared to the Chinese land grab in Akshai Chin, forward policy was a minuscule nano scale step.

friendship or not but there was no animosity.

Don't change the topic. China was not and is not a nation even in 2013 if you know what I mean. (Tibet, Ximxiang not counted in China).

I think waiting till 1960s was very wrong on part of India. China did very grave aggression against India by taking Akshai Chin. There was no reason why India should not have attacked China in 1950s itself.

I think waiting till 1960s was very wrong on part of India. China did very grave aggression against India by taking Akshai Chin. There was no reason why India should not have attacked China in 1950s itself.

Haha so not only do you support India's attack, you wanted India to attack earlier. :lol:

Well, you still have another chance.

Do you see all those incursions we are making? Just open fire on one of them, and you can have another war right away.

Haha so not only do you support India's attack, you wanted India to attack earlier. :lol:

Well, you still have another chance.

Do you see all those incursions we are making? Just open fire on one of them, and you can have another war right away.

Yes I do. Anyhow whats the point in seeking peace when the other side is hell bent on aggression and wants to grab your country territory.

if forward policy was a attack, then Akshai Land Grab was a nuclear attack in comparison. :lol:

this time you are not dealing with a naive regime. Compared to the land grab in Akshai in 1950s, this time you could not even keep your tents in the Indian territory. :lol:

Yes I do. Anyhow whats the point in seeking peace when the other side is hell bent on aggression and wants to grab your country territory.

this time you are not dealing with a naive regime. Compared to the land grab in Akshai in 1950s, this time you could not even keep your tents in the Indian territory. :lol:

:lol:

Indian troops suspend patrols at Chumar - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: Apart from dismantling a SET of strategically-located bunkers at Chumar as part of an arrangement to end the standoff at Depsang Bulge in eastern Ladakh, the Indian troops seem to have suspended patrols to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Chumar, at least for now. Senior officials briefed by personnel on the ground said the Army has discontinued the round-the-clock patrolling it was undertaking in the area for the last few months.

Our soldiers were in your territory for several weeks, and you couldn't do anything about it.

In the end you gave in to all our demands, as the source above shows. Dismantling bunkers, halting infrastructure and suspending troop patrols. The source quotes from senior Indian Army officials.

:lol:

Our soldiers were in your territory for several weeks, and you couldn't do anything about it.

In the end you have in to all our demands, as the source above shows. That source quotes from senior Indian Army officials.

I dont want to post several links, with official statements from Indian govt officials that nothing was given away. They have been provided numerous times on numerous threads already.

why do your soldiers come, touch and go back. Thats what they did in AP in 1962. and for the last 60 years they are still crying a river over AP. why dont they stay put for once. I mean at least for once? :lol:

if your soldiers like to visit, then they can come every few weeks and have coffee and go back. No probs. :D

I dont want to post several links, with official statements from Indian govt officials that nothing was given away. They have been provided numerous times on numerous threads already.

why do your soldiers come, touch and go back. Thats what they did in AP in 1962. and for the last 60 years they are still crying a river over AP. why dont they stay put for once. I mean at least for once? :lol:

if your soldiers like to visit, then they can come every few weeks and have coffee and go back. No probs. :D

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

if forward policy was a attack, then Akshai Land Grab was a nuclear attack in comparison. :lol:

Lol today Chinese regime is not longer ideological motivated such as fight for communist ideal we're fighting for our interest, we certainly not going soft with India as 1962 which we return all captured weapons and well feed Indian captured soldiers. you can talk tough or act tough, we will return your favor proportionally.

When foreign soldiers have made a deep incursion into your territory, the standard procedure is to forcefully remove them.

Why don't you try doing that the next time there is an incursion? Use force to remove them.

See if your boasting translates into an Indian victory in the next war.

Good,Chinese army permanently present in the indian occupied territories just a matter of time.

It is a difference between building infrastructure on your rear area and building forward bases like India is doing.
That lead to war in 62 and 87(almost). The PLA were ready to open a second front through Pakistan until your foreign minister showed up in Beijing.

Fwd bases?? The corps would be based in Panagarh. Far away from china border. We are not basing them in Arunachal pradesh. we are being prepared for all eventualities. If u have any prob, i dont give a s###.

Back
Top Bottom