What's new

Incursions in Ladakh, a prelude a coming war with China, says analyst Bhara

Repeated Chinese Military Intrusions on Line of Actual Control (LAC) also known as the MacCartney-MacDonald Line which is the effective border between India and the People’s Republic of China, have made many Defence Think tanks come up with their own set of answers on what china is up to and what it wants to achieve ? And what are the larger plans they are working on since there are repeated Intrusions by their Army.

Many think tanks consider that China wants to impose their border solution on India or even built up a crisis which will lead to a small military clash with India, by hitting India, China wants to send a clear message to smaller neighbours like Japan and Vietnam to Back off, and agree on their terms for many disputes it has with them and other countries in Asia.

Japan and Vietnam have been rallying behind India to take a dominant role to face China, since India is only country which has the Military Strength to take on the Military might of China, India so far has been reluctant to be face of this military nexus, and be a leader of this Union. but China in past has done everything it can to contain India, China’s special friendship with arch rival of India, Pakistan and their behind the door supply of missiles and weapons to curtain India to south Asia is not working any more, India Military planners are now confident that they can take care of any threats which Pakistan can throw at India, and have been building force to fight twin war scenario. This has made china come out in open and clash with India, rather than its ineffective proxy Pakistan which has been doing since job for china in past.

But Chinese aggression in LAC or even a small military clash with Indian forces will seriously backfire on Chinese planners on many fronts, not only it will show Chinese has aggressors, but it will allow rise and growth of a anti-china military nexus between various countries .

Democratic India attacked by communist China, no matter how small the clashes will be, it will be all out war in International media against China, India can bet on support from International media with their eyes closed on this matter and bad publicity of china worldwide is rest assured, this also will also have troubling effect on china’s already slowing economy. India’s global image and its soft power has worked in past and china will find it hard to negate denting of china’s image happening at world stage.

After their exist from Afghanistan, US forces are looking out to have some permanent bases in South Asia , if this clashes do take place since every military pundit is prophesying about it , American military will be the biggest beneficiary out of it , since many countries in south Asia might allow US military presence has a deterrence to china , India too which has not allowed US military bases on its territories might have to do a re-think , since all point of keeping US out of South Asia was to not provoke china .

If China can Punch, then India can Pinch | idrw.org

What the hell is this?

It makes India sound a barely legal Delhi girl and China as serial rapist. Made me remember Rafael promotional video

Stop ranting you defense article writers for one simple reason: If tomorrow China chose to attack India (skirmish, border conflict, whatever), It would not care about bad publicity, it would be for gains much greater than what will be lost. And since when the superpowers care about image?? USA has image due to its money and superpower status not because its saint

Its so very frustrating to always read that China will hold back for being labeled aggressor, for losing face in international media and blah, blah, blah.......more than this...these idiot writers seems to COMFORT themselves by blabbering these stupid logics. If you want to feel safe, force government to strengthen our country. Period.

Wrong on many things
- if China chose to attack it will have to wash its investments and trade in India. Loss
- India isnt in better condition but surely we are not in 1962 condition or mind set. So considerable gain is out of question
- Hostile indian border will lead to many problems to China specially in TAR
- Nobody challenge US because they are only super power here. Only Russia and China have some strength against them nothing comparable.
- USA is openly working on anti china axis. This action will help them and there will be economic and diplomatic sanctions on China and open aid to India.
- China being producer economy cant afford to shut down its power house.

Its in China's interest to avoid conflict. There current adventure are due to the reason of Indian elections as this will be the only time when indian govt will be weak. No matter who come to power next year will have a tough stance. So its ideal time for China if they can get come consession in this time.
Rest assure not a single bullet will be fired as it will cost india millions and to china billions

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Namo will go off to Ladakh and show off his big big muscles and the Chinese will be sooooo scared of him that they will back off no....:cuckoo:

Stable govt and strong leader make enemy think twice .... whoever that may be

- USA is openly working on anti china axis. This action will help them and there will be economic and diplomatic sanctions on China and open aid to India.

Stable govt and strong leader make enemy think twice .... whoever that may be

It is highly unlikely that China can be dissuaded from these actions no matter who the leader is. This is a reflection of a higher might than some personality running this country. Remember that Musharraf took on ABVP and Advani with Kargil- 2 very strong hardliners in the sub-continent.

It is highly unlikely that China can be dissuaded from these actions no matter who the leader is. This is a reflection of a higher might than some personality running this country. Remember that Musharraf took on ABVP and Advani with Kargil- 2 very strong hardliners in the sub-continent.

Congress needs strong leadership right now and i hope to god that it isn't RG.
Unless our economy improves we cant even hope to defend ourselves from any Chinese aggression.

Wrong on many things
- if China chose to attack it will have to wash its investments and trade in India. Loss
- India isnt in better condition but surely we are not in 1962 condition or mind set. So considerable gain is out of question
- Hostile indian border will lead to many problems to China specially in TAR
- Nobody challenge US because they are only super power here. Only Russia and China have some strength against them nothing comparable.

Its in China's interest to avoid conflict. There current adventure are due to the reason of Indian elections as this will be the only time when indian govt will be weak. No matter who come to power next year will have a tough stance. So its ideal time for China if they can get come consession in this time.
Rest assure not a single bullet will be fired as it will cost india millions and to china billions

Please read my post carefully, It does not mean that China will attack India but If it ever did, it wont hold back due to the foolish reasons mentioned in the article. You are just saying what I said.....in different words

I don't want India to be thd part of any anti-china nexus,because that would be like digging our own grave.
We are very much economically dependant on China,and so are they on us,though in a lesser extent.
We must gradually raise ourselves to be a economic and military power to match them.
However,we shouldn't hesitate to use our relations and power if the need arises.

No matter what we wish, we are already a part of that nexus, if not directly but indirectly.

As the author has clearly stated that China is just leading India to a border settelement which will be in their favor. India will have to strongly deny that to China. Especially when you are in a pivotal role yoou need to be very tough and strong.

Yawn,yawn,yawn。。。

This is now like a woman having periods,a recurring theme in India press。:laughcry:

Belle de Jour India is。:omghaha:

If China attacks,which China won't,for India is such a basket case with so many dirt people to feed and clothe,India will simply disintegrate and become what it was before the British came。

Please read my post carefully, It does not mean that China will attack India but If it ever did, it wont hold back due to the foolish reasons mentioned in the article. You are just saying what I said.....in different words

Yes I do read your post CAREFULLY. What I did is just "rewrite" the so called foolish reasons in the article a little different.

your post
Stop ranting you defense article writers for one simple reason: If tomorrow China chose to attack India (skirmish, border conflict, whatever), It would not care about bad publicity,

- Yes it would. China cant allow US and west the chance to impose economic sanctions and kill its produce driven economy.

it would be for gains much greater than what will be lost. And since when the superpowers care about image?? USA has image due to its money and superpower status not because its saint

- hardly a gain. Thats what I explain. There is no one to challenge US. But for China there are US and Russia. Russia itself has a border issue with China too.

Its so very frustrating to always read that China will hold back for being labeled aggressor, for losing face in international media and blah, blah, blah.......more than this...these idiot writers seems to COMFORT themselves by blabbering these stupid logics. If you want to feel safe, force government to strengthen our country. Period.

- like govt is holding back force building measures.
All I want to write was its a decent article and writer has pointed out the correct implications of the the conflict. So need to go high on that.

ABVP ??? :undecided:

BJP govt was a collision govt and every now and then a small party was threatening to withdraw !!!!

If you called that a sable govt ....... and PM was Mr. Vajapayee .... Most sensible and humble man .... Not known for his hard actions but to bring everybody with him

Yes I do read your post CAREFULLY. What I did is just "rewrite" the so called foolish reasons in the article a little different.

Stop ranting you defense article writers for one simple reason: If tomorrow China chose to attack India (skirmish, border conflict, whatever), It would not care about bad publicity,

- Yes it would. China cant allow US and west the chance to impose economic sanctions and kill its produce driven economy.

it would be for gains much greater than what will be lost. And since when the superpowers care about image?? USA has image due to its money and superpower status not because its saint

- hardly a gain. Thats what I explain. There is no one to challenge US. But for China there are US and Russia. Russia itself has a border issue with China too.

- like govt is holding back force building measures.
All I want to write was its a decent article and writer has pointed out the correct implications of the the conflict. So need to go high on that.

Thanks for the effort mate

Please understand what I meant in my first post was: China will never attack India as there is nothing substantial to gain, not because of the reasons the writer has mentioned. Do you agree here?

Thanks for the effort mate

Please understand what I meant in my first post was: China will never attack India as there is nothing substantial to gain, not because of the reasons the writer has mentioned. Do you agree here?

Thats what I am not agreeing mate !!!!

Todays world is LPG world even China has to open up its economy to adjust.
So if you think one can wildly go on a war where other have investments and interests its wrong.

And if you see thats excatly what China is doing. They are just exploting us. If in any recent incident indian troops fire on them they have a fare reason. But if Indians dont fire and the local opinion start heating up then its bad for them. Thats why they first return.

These 8/10 months is a window of apportunitly for them to settle border dispute on their terms. If they miss it then they might not have a weaker govt to deal with.

But unknowingly they are making their case bad as general Indian opnion is heating and thats bad for current govt and China too

Thats what I am not agreeing mate !!!!

Todays world is LPG world even China has to open up its economy to adjust.
So if you think one can wildly go on a war where other have investments and interests its wrong.

And if you see thats excatly what China is doing. They are just exploting us. If in any recent incident indian troops fire on them they have a fare reason. But if Indians dont fire and the local opinion start heating up then its bad for them. Thats why they first return.

These 8/10 months is a window of apportunitly for them to settle border dispute on their terms. If they miss it then they might not have a weaker govt to deal with.

But unknowingly they are making their case bad as general Indian opnion is heating and thats bad for current govt and China too

This is what the article says not me. It also says that China has to hold back because of the xyz reasons (read soft image and so on and so forth). If you read our (your and mine) posts in continuation, we both are saying that China cannot Attack India or any country for that matter, if it does not have anything greater to gain than its going to lose....so basically we are on the same side

Yawn,yawn,yawn。。。

This is now like a woman having periods,a recurring theme in India press。:laughcry:

Belle de Jour India is。:omghaha:

That suits more for the chinese warnings ....... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom