What's new

Incredible India - Tourism places

I don't like the term "medical tourism"...Tourism is something enjoyable and pleasant while medical means compulsive and painful or at least not enjoyable. So whoever came up with this term was a dumbo.

And those endorsing & using such term repetitively must be dumbo too.
BBC is one of them.
Teach them:

bbc.png

China has a reputation for dominating the demand side of the global medical tourism industry, sending tens of thousands of people to places like the U.S., Japan and South Korea for everything from cancer treatments to nasal beautification. - Wall Street Journal

It is not wise to portray to be an omniscient.

Just came from God's own country.
Visited Kochi, Fort Kochi & Alleppey.

1QvzIkOP.jpg

Going to Fort Kochi & Vypin.
Paid only 4 Rs. for 35 minutes boat ride = Cheapest in the world.
Bought the houseboat (Mock-up) for 1200 Rs.

-01ks5uC.jpg

Alleppey was the best ever, chartered the houseboat for 7,000 Rs. a day. Meals & welcome drink included (Beer was my own) Food was one of a kind. They say peace can not be bought with money. This proverb was proven wrong during my stay in the houseboat.

Tourism means a trip.Medical tourism does not mean that some body is so sick and come to india, but also a large case in which they come for facial treatments etc which is not painful.The medical infrastructure is growing and there are also patients coming from US since the cost is very cheap compared to US.Some recent indian medical news:-

1. Kochi-based Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre has unveiled a centre for open fetal surgery - the first in Asia for treating complex and rare fetal conditions. With this, India joins the select club of nations after USA, France and Spain to offer open surgery on fetus.

2. Frontier Lifeline, a Chennai-based heart hospital has tied up with Russian scientists to manufacture a low-cost mechanical heart pump that can serve as an alternative to a transplant or as a temporary measure before transplant.

The 'Made in India' device will be available at one-third the cost of existing devices at 30 lakh as against 90 lakh
You why different words exist with for same or similar things? Because of the interpretation people associate with certain words. Known, famous and infamous basically mean that something or someone is well-known though all the three carry very different connotations.
If you ask a man in street "what does conjure up in his mind when he/she hears the word tourism?" you will get the picture.

world biggest fort Kumbhalgarh...its a UNESCO word heritage site :)
View attachment 319711

View attachment 319709

View attachment 319712

View attachment 319710
Sad to see that such a magnificent fort is not being properly exploited by the GoI. There should be an Indian flag on the fort and IA banners hanging from the battlements. Those foothills should be turned into green terraces. Should've used stones instead of cement blocks on the pavement. They should also put up a few good stone sculptures. Look how those Brits exploit their historical monuments.

Sad to see that such a magnificent fort is not being properly exploited by the GoI. There should be an Indian flag on the fort and IA banners hanging from the battlements. Those foothills should be turned into green terraces. Should've used stones instead of cement blocks on the pavement. They should also put up a few good stone sculptures. Look how those Brits exploit their historical monuments.
what ? these pics were taken in dry season & this fort is located in rajasthan...kumbhalgarh during rainy season
kumbalgarh-20fort-20by-20amit-20rawat.jpg

& those are stone block not cement

Last edited:
Alleppey was the best ever, chartered the houseboat for 7,000 Rs. a day. Meals & welcome drink included (Beer was my own) Food was one of a kind. They say peace can not be bought with money. This proverb was proven wrong during my stay in the houseboat.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Aleppey is my native place.

954620_527150943987377_1166505057_n.jpg

Next month, we're going to have boat races...

10538514_531292943637848_4114983015994774620_n.jpg

11800320_806276282827018_1568864263160180998_n.jpg

I will miss the Nehru boat race. But I will be back there at the end of August or beginning of September.
Will need a room near finishing point boat jetty for 3 months.

Want to learn Malayali fast.....But dont know how.
I don't know who named the race after a filthy low life swine.. Should've named after someone, who did something for kerala..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom