What's new

In Seemandhra, cries for a separate Telugu nation

Whoever commented on this article, seems like you are completely taken-away by the point "Separate Nation" and didn't see what they are trying to say in reality. Seemandhra people are doing Dharnas, Govt institutes are shutdown, schools closed for 2 months in support of united Andhra, but Italian Sonia and her other-state minister gang didn't care and not-even tried to understand their demands. Not even identified where the new capital should be, how much amount center will be paid to rebuild, how water sharing will be finalized etc. All congress is doing, going ahead with their plan just before elections and ruining the state. Did any one copied those news here, no, we concentrated on the news when they say "Separate Nation". They wanted to get an attention by these words and they partly achieved it and at-least some discussion will start.

Ban TDP

. Did any one copied those news here, no, we concentrated on the news when they say "Separate Nation". They wanted to get an attention by these words and they partly achieved it and at-least some discussion will start.

But after this call for separate nation they have seriously anatogized United Andhra stand
in the eyes of rest of the nation who frankly till now where not even a bit bothered about the outcome of all this drama and were neutral. Now Telangana creation is imminent and has support of rest of country and anyone who opposes with be seen as siding with anti nationals.

Last edited:
Ban TDP

But after this call for separate nation they have seriously anatogized United Andhra stand
in the eyes of rest of the nation who frankly till now where not even a bit bothered about the outcome of all this drama and were neutral. Now Telangana creation is imminent and has support of rest of country and anyone who opposes with be seen as siding with anti nationals.

You took it the news just as presented today, did you even follow Telangana movement? KCR did say one time same thing separate nation is fine. He did praise Hyderabad Nawab onetime. Then how did Nationalism card plays in its favor?

What part of India you belong to?

You took it the news just as presented today, did you even follow Telangana movement? KCR did say one time same thing separate nation is fine. He did praise Hyderabad Nawab onetime. Then how did Nationalism card plays in its favor?

Don't know about this movement but today's call for separate nation pissed me off. These statehood issues need to be dealt cautiously or else most would they'd turn into secessionism itself

What part of India you belong to?

Family originally hails from Uttar Pradesh but I was born and have spent almost my entire life in Mumbai

Don't know about this movement but today's call for separate nation pissed me off. These statehood issues need to be dealt cautiously or else most would they'd turn into secessionism itself

Family originally hails from Uttar Pradesh but I was born and have spent almost my entire life in Mumbai

Thanks. This is completely a political ploy. TRS started in 2001 and they never even got 15% vote share even in Telangana itself, imagine how much interest people have in favor of a new state.Till 1983 Congress was pretty much a single party ruler for last 4 decades or so in AP, in that time Naxalism was at peak in Telangana. Hyderabad city was completely in Chaos due to radical muslims creating issues. Everything was changed once TDP came to power 1983, Naxalism was pretty much gone in Telangana, No more communal clashes in Hyd city. State was completely in to full development path.

Even last year, Intelligence report was given to PM and Sonia, which says dividing state is not good for security reasons. Naxalism will be back again. In Andhra, we have 9% muslim population on average now and majority is in Telangana. If state forms, Telangana muslim population will become 14% or so,where as in Seemandhra it will be around 4% or so. Report says, Again there may be a chances communal clashes may be back in Telangana. Italian Sonia don't care about all these, she just wanted to go in to history by creating a new state. Entire country should have been fight against this.

Last edited:
What a bizarre demand. Just shows how flimsy the commitment of such people towards the Nation is.:rolleyes:
Nation? Who the heck ever thinks of the nation? It's all about vote bank politics and the desperation to attain power at any cost. They'll even sell their mothers for votes.

Thanks. This is completely a political ploy. TRS started in 2001 and they never even got 15% vote share even in Telangana itself, imagine how much interested people have in favor of a state.Till 1983 Congress was pretty much a single party ruler for last 4 decades or so in AP, in that time Naxalism was at peak in Telangana. Hyderabad city was completely in Chaos due to radical muslims creating issues. Everything was changed once TDP came to power 1983, Naxalism was pretty much gone in Telangana, No more communal clashes in Hyd city. State was completely in to full development path.

Even last year, Intelligence report was given to PM and Sonia, which says dividing state is not good for security reasons. Naxalism will be back again. In Andhra, we have 9% muslim population on average now and majority is in Telangana. If state forms, Telangana muslim population will become 14% or so,where as in Seemandhra it will be around 4% or so. Report says, Again there may be a chances communal clashes may be back in Telangana. Italian Sonia don't care about all these, she just wanted to go in to history by creating a new state. Entire country should have been fight against this.

Sorry I didn't knew anything about the movement and the region. It might sound funny but the only reason I supported Telangana was due to seeing MIM strictly against its creation. If owaisis are were strongly opposing it I thought it surely is something good and will be beneficial of hindus of the region and hence needs to be supported

In Seemandhra, cries for a separate Telugu nation - The Times of India

HYDERABAD: Miffed Telugu Desam Party leaders from Seemandhra have a new demand: If we can't have a united Andhra Pradesh, we want our separate country and our separate parliament.

At least half a dozen senior TDP leaders, including MPs, have echoed this bizarre demand in the last few days. Leading the pack is TDP MP and industrialist Modugula Venugopal Reddy, who shot to infame after threatening suicide with a broken microphone in the Lok Sabha moments after the Telangana Bill was to be tabled on Thursday. "Give us our own parliament. We will be a separate country like Bangladesh and Pakistan," he told reporters.

"When Parliament does not bother about sentiments of Seemandhra people and give respect to the region's MPs, what is wrong in the demand for a separate country," he told TOI on Saturday. Venugopal Reddy went on to add: "Five crore denizens of Seemandhra are subjected to `genocide' by Sonia Gandhi who is not bothered about their concerns."

Incidentally, many Seemandhraites active on social media have been posting comments echoing these sentiments. A Facebook group on "Seemandhra, a separate country" has been created, though it has few takers. One of the comments was: "When there is no respect for Andhras, there is thinking whether we should be part of this country or not." Former minister and Telugu Desam legislator Gali Muddukrishnama Naidu has been repeating the demand for a separate country is also part of the separatist chorus.

The demand for an independent Seemandhra has its genesis in posters put up in Nuzvidu of Krishna district in October last year in the name of town TDP president Nutakki Venugopala Rao. "Not the division of the state, we want separate nation for Seemandhra. Andhra people need protection from fake Gandhis. Our goal is separate country for Seemandhra," the poster read.

Senior legislator Payyavulu Keshav, who has been the face of Samaikyandhra movement in the Telugu Desam, said, "Are we living in India. Are we not part of India? We are forced to feel like aliens in our own country."

Former minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy was the first senior TDP leader to voice the nation desire. He repeated the statement several times, the latest being on Friday. "If a separate state can be created on the basis of self rule, why should south India not be a separate country on the same plank," he said adding, "that day is not far away".

Former minister and TDP leader Bojjala Gopalakrishna Reddy did not see anything wrong in the demand. "In fact India should be like the European Union, where countries have their own independence." He even named the Seemandhra `country' as Telugu Desam or the nation of Telugus.

These extreme demands have raised the hackles of many hardcore United Andhra activists. "If they want to convey that they are so shocked at the proposal to divide Andhra Pradesh that they have lost their mental balance, I am afraid this not the message that's getting across," said R N Ramamohan Rao, a resident of Visakhapatnam. What party president Chandrababu Naidu thinks about the rantings of his partymen is not known because he was on a trip of rural AP and TOI's efforts to contact him were futile. But Telangana activists and lawyers from the region are planning file a sedition complaint at New Delhi's Parliament Street police station.
:dance3::chilli::victory::yahoo::yay::partay::smitten:

Sorry I didn't knew anything about the movement and the region. It might sound funny but the only reason I supported Telangana was due to seeing MIM strictly against its creation. If owaisis are were strongly opposing it I thought it surely is something good and will be beneficial of hindus of the region and hence needs to be supported

It's fine. For Owaisi, it doesn't matter. All he has is his 6 MLA seats, all are concentrated in old city. That's all. Even if Telangana may have 14% muslim population, he can't win anywhere except in Old city, where 40% of muslim population of Telangana is concentrated. To be frank, he is loosing base in muslim population in his area also. in Last elections another muslim party which touted to be a secular party won 10 to 12% vote share in old city also. Things are slowly going bad for him too.That's why he comeup with some anti Hindu remarks now and then, to keep his base.

When it comes to Coastal andhra , even with 4% muslim population, they are telugu people and they are all farmers, do small works in their towns/villages and they all speak mostly only Telugu, don't even know urdu or Hindi. With 30% seats reserved for Girls in Andhra in all colleges including Engineering, i am seeing lots of telugu muslim software girls along with boys in USA. Change is huge. Also, coastal andhra is the only place which has largest coastal corridor in India with 1000 km plus. It will be one of the most developed state by any means when you compare with other states.

Last edited:
wow...just goes to show that there is no red line when it comes to vote bank politics. This TDP sponsored gimmick is going to backfire badly! Then again... thanks to Congress for cultivating these kind of divisive culture in Indian politics.

wow...just goes to show that there is no red line when it comes to vote bank politics. This TDP sponsored gimmick is going to backfire badly! Then again... thanks to Congress for cultivating these kind of divisive culture in Indian politics.

this is how congress works....Divide and rule ...unfortunately Congress has managed to create only animosity within India ...during its 6 decades rule using that tactic

It has placed power above country ...

TDP has taken really wrong stand ...and BJP has to make its mind and decide against alliance with this anti national TDP stance ...

what shocks me that such statements are coming from not some lower level goons but sitting MPs ...!

probably that's why you take yourself so seriously :woot:

I am sorry ....I didn't mean to insult you ....but I was extremely offended by your post !

patriotism , nationalism

These are dirty words as far as a liberal goes. After all we live in a globalized world. We are led to believe we are casteist, racists, communalist, misogynist, primitive, dark inferior people as compared to the superior enlightened Western countries and then we are somehow supposed to be happy to live as a nation together.

Expect more demands for separatism in the future if these idiots are let to go unchallenged.

Back
Top Bottom