What's new

In Pakistan, ‘liberal’ is a dirty word

Let me put it this way. In spite of having a difference in opinion you heard me patiently and didn't abuse me.
That makes you a liberal.
Getting education is compulsory on Muslims first of all secondly even Malala doesn't tolerate many many things and define extremism and secondly democracy in Indonesia :hitwall:

The problem is that Pakistani "Liberals" tend to have the same ideology as Salman Rushdi.
They have sold their souls to their white masters and try to do everything in their power to get approval from them.
If tomorrow their white masters said that being "progressive and liberal" means that you must eat your own feces, guess who will be the first in line?

(Of course this is not true for all, as I have tremendous respect for real liberals like Tariq Ali)

How 'liberal' are the majority of Mullahs who preach from the pulpits with their trademark fire and brimstone? Just look at the so called fatwas they keep dishing out at the drop of a hat! Like a fatwa against women using perfume! This gem was from Mufti Mohammad Ashraf Ul Qadri. And there are many more such fatwas that people follow like sheeple! Like the fatwas against Hina Khar and against the Shias!

Let me put it this way. In spite of having a difference in opinion you heard me patiently and didn't abuse me.
That makes you a liberal.

I suggest you look up the definition for "liberal" because it doesn't mean what you just said it means.

How 'liberal' are the majority of Mullahs who preach from the pulpits with their trademark fire and brimstone? Just look at the so called fatwas they keep dishing out at the drop of a hat! Like a fatwa against women using perfume! This gem was from Mufti Mohammad Ashraf Ul Qadri. And there are many more such fatwas that people follow like sheeple! Like the fatwas against Hina Khar and against the Shias!

Man where do you dig this stuff up?
Do you even know what a fatwa is?
It's a non binding decree.
Anyone can make a fatwa, does that mean all Muslims follow it?

Let just say this, if tomorrow a fatwa was made that you would go to jail for 7 years for eating beef, no one would care and people will eat it all they want.
Can the same be said for India?
Oh wait, we already know that answer.

liberalism is the philosophy of liberty and equality.
What's the definition according to you?
I suggest you look up the definition for "liberal" because it doesn't mean what you just said it means.

Man where do you dig this stuff up?
Do you even know what a fatwa is?
It's a non binding decree.
Anyone can make a fatwa, does that mean all Muslims follow it?

Let just say this, if tomorrow a fatwa was made that you would go to jail for 7 years for eating beef, no one would care and people will eat it all they want.
Can the same be said for India?
Oh wait, we already know that answer.

liberalism is the philosophy of liberty and equality.
What's the definition according to you?

well according to your previous post it seems like you think "liberalism" means to simply listen to someone without getting upset.
Or do you think that only liberals are able to listen to someone, and never get upset at opposing views?

well according to your previous post it seems like you think "liberalism" means to simply listen to someone without getting upset.
Or do you think that only liberals are able to listen to someone, and never get upset at opposing views?
Discuss reality of Holocaust or Religion ?

BTW, what do you call a person who is a practicing Muslim, honest, kind to others around him. Completely rejects Taliban or Al-Qaida ideology. Considers Christians, Jews, Hindus, Ahmedis, Shias, Barelvis, Ahl-e-Hadith etc to be equal human beings. Believes in democracy and wants to co-exist peacefully with neighbors across the border.

Liberal / Conservative / Delusional?

BTW, what do you call a person who is a practicing Muslim, honest, kind to others around him. Completely rejects Taliban or Al-Qaida ideology. Considers Christians, Jews, Hindus, Ahmedis, Shias, Barelvis, Ahl-e-Hadith etc to be equal human beings. Believes in democracy and wants to co-exist peacefully with neighbors across the border.

Imaginary. :D

You call them Moderates.

Such people still do exist in Pakistan, very short in numbers though.

Imaginary. :D

You really need to see people like me more often :D

What is definition of 'liberal' ? Without discussing the very main question all people seem have to come on their biased conclusion here.

That's what I'm saying. Give you regular pals a break and hang out with more mature and sober company. :lol:

Hang out with mature and sober company? Do you mean give DefPk a break, since my regular pals are here? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom