5174051753_e51444c94e_b.jpg

Muscat Corniche by night by Jari Kurittu, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
8562464101_bed17e5748_b.jpg

Oman 003 by nyon45, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
5174671024_b07aa75b33_b.jpg

Muscat by Jari Kurittu, on Flickr

Yes, you are right. Only racists have a problem with this. Great photos, btw.

Indeed. I find many mixed women very beautiful and mulatto women as well. I don't only like ME and Arab women and Southern European women. Besides you have beautiful women in all races. Good and bad persons too.​

More photos of Oman

image hosted on flickr
4915165610_e4e91f9c90_b.jpg

Ittin, Salalah, Dhofar by Shanfari.net, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
4915199920_c0de799628_b.jpg

Ittin, Salalah, Dhofar by Shanfari.net, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
4217539205_cd066cc854_z.jpg

Al Mughsail beach, Oman by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
4986645759_1751daafc8_b.jpg

Salalah Beauty by Hussain Yafaei, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
4619583740_ec4820290a_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr
4987644427_ea22ee352c_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr
5247473466_a20623703f_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr
5174051753_e51444c94e_b.jpg

Muscat Corniche by night by Jari Kurittu, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
8562464101_bed17e5748_b.jpg

Oman 003 by nyon45, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
5174671024_b07aa75b33_b.jpg

Muscat by Jari Kurittu, on Flickr

Indeed. I find many mixed women very beautiful and mulatto women as well. I don't only like ME and Arab women and Southern European women. Besides you have beautiful women in all races. Good and bad persons too.​

Indeed. Mixture is great and mulatto women are beautiful! This is the concept in Brazil :cheers:

Indeed. Mixture is great and mulatto women are beautiful! This is the concept in Brazil :cheers:

Unfortunately for some reasons people are not yet as tolerant as in Brazil when it comes to mixing between Arabs (Caucasian people - although they are ME people so not white as your average blonde Northern European obviously (LOL and thank God) and Afro-Arabs. But it is getting more and more accepted and it happened in the past. Anyway I like the mixture you see in Latin America and I am happy that the 40 million or so Latinos of Arab or partial Arab ancestry have contributed to this.
I understand protectionism but at the same time we live in a globalized world where one should not look strangely at an Arab who for instance wants to marry an Swede or an Nigerian or vice versa. We are all mixed anyway.

More photos of Oman (last set)

image hosted on flickr
2048054576_5f7a0a207e_b.jpg

Oman- salalah by .SVT., on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
7716197368_44d35af27a_b.jpg

Oman by Eugene Bakker, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
2387884361_c16e54480d_o.jpg

Wadi Dayqah, Oman by NaturalLight, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
5562233160_88ab5a7914_b.jpg

Six Senses Zighy Bay by Oman Tourism, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
4401762902_7b94547143_b.jpg

Ittien 2 salalah by Shark.shanfari, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
7757114710_7467b2158f_b.jpg

Salalah Khareef Season 2012 by Pravi's eyes reflection, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
5627496738_92acb71a86_b.jpg

Nizwa fort and mosque - Oman by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
3184764016_1991b391ff_b.jpg

View of Sur from Bilad Fort by rougetete, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
6504233383_d71bfe6775_b.jpg

Hosn Castle Samail Oman by joaoleitao, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
7862405826_f09db6f8bf_b.jpg

Muscat Hills Golf Course by Oman Tourism, on Flickr

The ancient Arabian Peninsula has truly been blessed with natural beauty despite the sometimes false stereotypes from ignorants. No doubt about it.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @burning_phoneix @Full Moon @BLACKEAGLE @Mahmoud_EGY etc. please check this thread out.

@Wahhab2701 and @Indos check this out as well.​

Last edited:

@Chai where are you? I want you to convince the Sultan to give me money for the work I have done in order to promote his lovely country.:cheesy:

I want information from a Ibadi as well and not outside sources. They are a secretive bunch.

The tranquil shores of Oman
133400257628065144902_1.jpg

Guarding Khasab
Life moves slowly in coastal Musandam, a peninsula in Oman that is a short hop but a world away from the 21st-century face of Dubai. Khasab, the region’s capital, is guarded by a splendid fort, built by the Portuguese in the 17th Century. (Andrew Montgomery)

13340027562805940282_1.jpg

Slowly drifting

In the waters near Kumzar, fishermen ply their trade by motorboat while old dhows ferry tourists round sleepy coves. (Andrew Montgomery)
133400278128062284411_1.jpg

Diving perfection
Despite the tanker motorway a few miles to the north, the waters around Musandam are pristine. (Andrew Montgomery)

133709331627930244220_1.jpg

Seaside metropolis
The modest port of Khasab is the closest that Oman’s Musandam Peninsula comes to urban life. (Andrew Montgomery)

BBC - Travel - Slideshow - The tranquil shores of Oman

Oman’s sleepy Musandam Peninsula

By Simon Reeve, Lonely Planet Magazine

133400467228056544802_1.jpg

The modest port of Khasab is found on Oman’s Musandam Peninsula. (Andrew Montgomery)
As the little boat drifted perilously close to jagged rocks, I gaped upwards, lost in wonder at the scale of the honey-coloured cliffs that rose from nothing and soared to loom more than 200 metres above my head. Gulls circled, arcing out over the sea and back towards their perches on the barren crags. The sea was full of life, but these bluffs, weathered and cracked into dramatic shards, were utterly devoid of even the hardiest plant or shrub. They were like cliffs at the edge of a glorious Martian sea.

The skipper had been napping. Suddenly, he leapt up as the boat scraped rock, swore at himself in Arabic, and quickly pushed us away from the cliffs with his foot. He guided us into a narrow cove almost hidden among the giant slabs. The water darkened and the temperature dropped. The surroundings looked like a Norwegian fjord, but with no green – as if life itself had been scraped from the rocks with a wire brush.

I was visiting Oman’s Musandam Peninsula – a remote patch of planet separated from the rest of the country by a corner of the UAE – while filming a new BBC series, Indian Ocean, which took me through 16 countries around the edge of our most glorious ocean. The region juts out into the Strait of Hormuz, the key choke point at the eastern end of the Persian Gulf, through which chug scores of oil tankers taking vast quantities of the world’s supply of black gold to Europe, the US and Asia.

Long before oil was discovered in Arabia – creating some of the richest countries on Earth and apparently endless demand for Swiss watches and German sports cars – Omanis had built an empire that stretched down Africa’s east coast to Zanzibar. Many will tell you that the Queen of Sheba had her palace in Oman, and that Sinbad the Sailor set sail from one of its ancient ports.

It is hard to overstate the difference between Oman and its neighbours. While the latter have most of the oil and grand building projects and bling, Omanis remain wedded to 5,000 years of history and culture, preserving traditional buildings, opening museums and occasionally bemoaning the flash modernism of their neighbours in the UAE. “Can you believe they built a ski slope, indoors!” an Omani businessman told me with disdain.

In the midst of all the glitz of the modern Gulf, home to vast shopping malls and some of the most luxurious hotels on the planet, Musandam is a place where life itself moves at a different pace: it lacked roads until just a decade ago. From my bobbing boat, I could see why. With metal-melting temperatures during summer and terrain that needs Thor’s hammer to flatten and tame, the landscape was one of the most dramatic and inhospitable I have ever encountered.

Yet Musandam is just a few hours’ drive from Dubai, and reachable for a weekend break. Strike out towards the peninsula along the coast from the brashest of the Emirates and the tip of the Burj Khalifa – the world’s tallest building – fades behind as you motor through dirty roadside sprawl along tarmac where I once saw a group of 18-year-olds racing Bugattis and Bentleys.

You pass flaming oil wells, through the emirates of Sharjah and Ras al-Khaimah, before the endless development withers and the straight road begins to buckle towards the Musandam border, where a cliffside track winds around the fractured coast. It is the Gulf, but not as you know it: otherworldly Musandam is not a place for those wanting fusion food and FIJI Water, fine hotels or a Lamborghini showroom.

Khasab, the region’s capital, has a splendid fort, built by the Portuguese to keep their sailors supplied with dates and fresh water. The influences of other, more modern, arrivals were being felt during my visit – locals hummed with excitement about the imminent opening of their first supermarket. Yet the little town is not asleep. As I wandered, the still air was broken by the sound of roaring engines, while at the harbour, a dozen speedboats powered their way out to sea. My guide, Badr, a beaming bear of a man, smiled. “They’re Iranians, smuggling fridges.” It is surely one of the most bizarre international trade routes. US sanctions have apparently created a shortage of household appliances in Iran, so smugglers race across the Strait of Hormuz to buy white goods in Musandam and shift them back to the Islamic Republic, dodging giant tankers and the gunboats of the Iranian coastguard. I watched them waving and laughing as they rocketed past with washing machines, microwaves and plasma TVs.

The BBC team and I followed the smugglers out of Khasab harbour in a boat, behind dolphins that streaked through the water like torpedoes. Despite the tanker motorway a few miles to the north, the waters around Musandam are pristine. Just an hour from Khasab are dive sites with schools of blue and yellow Indian Ocean angelfish, Arabian butterfly fish, snappers, lionfish, groupers, stingrays and turtles. Some experts think the coral of Musandam is among the best in the world due to the absence of heavy industry along the coast and few fishing fleets in the area.

Rounding a rocky island outcrop, we slipped into a sheltered bay. At the far end, smoke wafted lazily from the ancient village of Kumzar – a cluster of low houses beneath the cliffs. Badr had arranged for us to meet a local fisherman, Abdul Salim, who was sitting with his men on a rocky beach as we drifted to shore. A shout rang out and his men leapt into action, dragging a long net out into the water.

‘Why are you doing this now? What have you seen?’ I asked.

‘Ah, we have eyes in the heavens,’ said Abdul with a conspiratorial grin.

The Kumzari have a unique language – the only one of Persian origin on the south side of the Gulf – and they began to quietly sing in it as they spread the net in a 50-metre arc out into the water then back towards the shore. As the net was pulled tight the singing became louder. Soon it sounded like a bawdy shanty, accompanied by cheeky laughs from the men. As Abdul’s troops tugged and the fish tumbled to the shore, I spotted a metallic glint on the sheer cliff face. “See!” he said, “those are our eyes!”

An old man emerged from a canvas hide with a pair of binoculars and a kettle. His job was to shout when he spotted a shoal of fish enter the cove, so the team below could trap and catch it. “We have fished this way for generations,” said Abdul. “Minimum effort, but maximum reward.”

The next day, the dusty heart of Musandam beckoned me away from the coast. Until recently, the stony interior could only be explored on the back of a mule. Now, a road climbs steadily into the great Hajar Mountains that stretch for more than 300 miles, reaching 3,000 metres at its highest point. The road soon became a track carved into the hillside, with extraordinary drops off the side into oblivion. We crested one hill and the entire landscape opened before us. Mountains hewn, carved and hacked from the ancient foundations of Earth swept to the horizon.

Driving down from the heights, we came across a wedding. Several hundred men wearing white thobes – traditional ankle length robes – and headdresses had gathered under a tent by the road on the outskirts of an arid town. Suddenly there was the crack of gunfire. “Are they allowed to have guns at weddings?” I shouted to Badr as another volley of shots rang out. “Not in the rest of Oman, and certainly not somewhere like Dubai. But remember, out here,” he replied with a smile, “we’re in the wilderness.”

BBC - Travel - Oman’s sleepy Musandam Peninsula : Oman
i have seen all these places

WoW

I just love Omani people.
Very composed, enlightened, flexible and always keep to themselves.

Good Luck to Oman, and best wishes.

WoW

I just love Omani people.
Very composed, enlightened, flexible and always keep to themselves.

Good Luck to Oman, and best wishes.

It's a gem. An ancient country with an immensely beautiful landscape and great history.

Indeed. Omanis are great, great people. Something they share with their Yemeni brothers next by and Saudi Arabians just a bit north.:D

Wish we had more than 1 Omani member @Chai that unfortunately never is active.

How is life going?

i have seen all these places

That's good.

It's a gem. An ancient country with an immensely beautiful landscape and great history.

Indeed. Omanis are great, great people. Something they share with their Yemeni brothers next by and Saudi Arabians just a bit north.:D

Wish we had more than 1 Omani member @Chai that unfortunately never is active.

How is life going?

That's good.
yup bro.actually i m not very famillier with forum rules.u should post pics of wadi bani khalid.or wadi arba3een.great places.

yup bro.actually i m not very famillier with forum rules.u should post pics of wadi bani khalid.or wadi arba3een.great places.

I already did bro if you take a look at my previous posts in this thread.;)

Here is Wadi Shab:

Pics look beautiful.
Many indians may not know this, Oman is the only country in ME that is openly friendly to India.

one of my best memories are in wadi shab.maaan we were 3 boys 3 girls.it was amazing.;)zzz.i didnt forgot that days.

Well, I hope that you had some fun.

Pics look beautiful.
Many indians may not know this, Oman is the only country in ME that is openly friendly to India.

You are welcome. I don't know about the foreign relations of India vis-á-vis the Arab World and the ME but the Arabian Peninsula and the Indian Subcontinent have had 5000 year old ties. They would have been neighbors had it not been for the Arabian Sea.

Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to third millennium BC.[1]

Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991. ISBN9788170233404.

Last edited:
Well, I hope that you had some fun.

You are welcome. I don't know about the foreign relations of India vis a vis the Arab World and the ME but the Arabian Peninsula and the Indian Subcontinent have had 5000 year old ties. They would have been neighbors had it not been for the Arabian Sea.
I was refering to modern nation states not civilizations per se. I would rate our foreign relationship with oman ahead of israel or iran.

I was refering to modern nation states not civilizations per se. I would rate our foreign relationship with oman ahead of israel or iran.

Yes, we have a listening post in Oman just 400km away from Gwadar and many IN ships dock in Oman for R&R.

Back
Top Bottom